U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:49 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ha ha ha...suck it!

P.s. did not take you for a racist.
LOL...so now I'm a racist for telling the truth? Been to Valley Ranch or Frisco or parts of central Plano recently?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:40 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
LOL...so now I'm a racist for telling the truth? Been to Valley Ranch or Frisco or parts of central Plano recently?
BigD --- I know that you are definitely NOT a racist---and I also know that you speak the truth

Old 07-04-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If you're right then Xander NEEDS to be in jail for helping out ILLEGAL aliens to stay in the US.
^So very true!

Old 07-04-2014, 06:43 PM

26,484 posts, read 24,217,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Many people believe that the majority of the people coming would be very professional people who are highly skilled professionals but do not have the opportunity to have as high of standard of living in their own country. Yes there would be some poor people but if anyone who wanted to come to America could legally our country would boom with lots of hard working talented people.
LOLOL. Is this supposed to be a parody of a serious comment? What in the world would make you think that we would be inundated with highly skilled professionals? Were you high when you typed that?

Old 07-04-2014, 08:36 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,361,414 times
Well, we'd have the most highly manicured lawns in the world. And they would mow those lawns for nearly free, as the competition for that job would be fierce. The rich 'job creators' (on both sides of the aisle) who are so eager to open the flood gates to keep labor costs down would flee as the country went down that crapper, leaving the rest of us to swim in the mess.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:02 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,811,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No......I do not believe these current illegals in question can support themselves.

Do you feel they will be independent???

They are already costing the USA.
Ugh, you are confusing a welfare problem for immigration.

Apparently you missed the part where economists say opening borders ALONE would double world GDP. If you don't have welfare, only productive people come over, and non-productive people CAN'T cost you money.

Quote:
uh, NO decent country has open borders to places like Mexico, Turkey, Ukraine, India and so on. Def NO reason for the US to even think that foolish stuff.

Your comment about letting in some peasant to take a job from an American IS insulting because not all of us are smart enough for "educated" jobs, maybe YOU want to have millions of pissed off Americans who can't even find work, I don't.
I don't care if it is offensive. If somebody who can't practically speak with no education can do your job, and it is the only job you are worth hiring for, YOU ARE A LOSER.

Economist agree that world production would double if borders were opened. If just the U.S. borders were opened, the increased production would be exclusive to America... therefore more intense. Talking MASS wealth generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
PackardFan---Don't you know? Xander is going to personally take care of all the illegals using his own funds
Ugh, you don't understand economics OR simple concepts. This thread is about open borders, if borders were open there WOULD BE NO ILLEGALS.

Immigration is good for production IF you don't have a welfare state. The welfare state shouldn't exist to take my money and give it to ANYBODY. Not even Americans. Nobody is talking about "funding" anyone.

Quote:
If you're right then Xander NEEDS to be in jail for helping out ILLEGAL aliens to stay in the US.
Really? Well we can't take you serious. Claiming I should be in jail because another poster makes something up, lol. Let me try. If it is true that you harbor unlicensed dinosaurs in your basement, you NEED to go to jail.

Silly. As. Crap. lol

To bad people who are too ignorant to actually understand economics, but just self-aware enough to be bigoted, get to vote.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:13 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
1 word sums it up if we had an unrestricted open border policy. LOST. Our nation would be lost. It would be a human stampede to get here.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1 word sums it up if we had an unrestricted open border policy. LOST. Our nation would be lost. It would be a human stampede to get here.
Quite true, tinman.

I think that Xander is a kid who doesn't know any better. So, I'll educate him about what would happen if we have open borders.

So, pay attention, Xander:

If this country were to allow unlimited immigration and open borders, it wouldn't be long before we descended into the third world. We would be like India---1 billion people and not enough potable water for all.

Do you know how things work in third world countries? You have the elitists and despite all their money, life isn't a picnic for them. They have to live behind fortified gates and walls. When they venture out, they need to always have body guards with them and their family. Why is that you ask? I'll tell you --- because in third world countries there is no middle class, just the rich and the poor. Without a middle class, the following happens: 1) There aren't anywhere near enough taxpayers. and; 2) Without any hope of improving their lot in life, the poor resort to crime in larger numbers. You see, in this country there is always the hope and possibility that if one works really hard, s/he could rise to the middle class or better. That hope does not exist in third world countries.

Who do you think is paying the taxes that subsidize the illegals? The middle class. Currently, the middle class is fast losing ground. Wages are stagnant and unemployment is high. Many people who were once middle class are no longer. Many have been displaced in the work force by illegal aliens who get paid less money, and often under the table.

Maybe one day when you grow up and have a family of your own, you (hopefully) will get it.

As I get older, I could say to myself "hey, I won't be around long enough to see the total destruction of the USA." However, I can't think that way. I have a child and grandkids and I want better for them than a third world existence.

One has to wonder why you are pushing so hard for a policy (open borders) that will be the eventual demise of the USA.

What is so amazing is that YOU call others bigoted (huh? there is no such race as illegal alien) and unaware

Old 07-05-2014, 02:55 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,820,009 times
Increasing disease, crime, terrorism, political strife, class warfare, economic breakdown, civil war...or maybe not

and it will be Camelot

Old 07-05-2014, 09:02 AM

877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
The hope is that allowing the uneducated and unskilled immigrants into the US will result in a Democratic House & senate allowing with president

If we portray setting them up for poverty as welcoming them with open arms then the immigrants will hopefully vote for them and/or encourage family members and friends to do the same.

But let's be realistic: moving into a foreign country when you don't speak the common language, have no education or degree and are unskilled is not living a better life. It's having the desire to live a life being supported by Americans and their taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or