U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,321 posts, read 8,344,376 times
Reputation: 10504

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
This thread is rediculous fear mongering.

Economists agree, if you opened every border, world gpd would double... If just the U.S. opened it's borders, production would at least quadruple, which also means more consumption and more wealth.
LOL. You lost me at "economists agree". Are you talking about the same economists that agreed to "quantitative easing" and how that would bring back jobs?

 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 AM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,837,140 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
LOL. You lost me at "economists agree". Are you talking about the same economists that agreed to "quantitative easing" and how that would bring back jobs?
No, we are not. We are talking about free market economists that COMPLETELY disagreed with quantitative easing. Nice strawman, too bad it didn't work.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:26 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,433,565 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Those countries are based on authoritarianism, you favor authoritarianism and mob rule over liberty and freedom. Liberty and freedom means no welfare and open borders.

You just want the best possible scenario FOR YOURSELF, not freedom for everyone. The sad thing is, you are so ignorant to economics that you don't realize open borders and repealing welfare would increase your prosperity... unless you are a leach...

Again, you guys show your ignorance, this thread is about OPEN BORDERS, which means NO ILLEGALS.



YOU CAN'T USE THE 'ENFORCING THE LAW' ARGUMENT! This thread is about OPEN BORDERS which would mean NO LAWS against immigration.

Either bigoted or dumb. The economics are clear on this issue. If people understand economics, and still say no to open borders, they are probably bigoted.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT OPEN BORDERS, THAT MEANS NO ILLEGALS. This is why you guys can't be taken seriously... you can't even stay on topic.

I think your way of thinking is primitive, collectivist, and can only be enforced with violence upon peaceful people.
I don't care about what a bunch of messed up countries want. Respect is earned, NOT demanded. I'm of Irish family; we had the rep of being drunkards, hooligans and so on and a LOT of that was true. Guess what: when WE got our act together like in cutting down that stupid behavior and so on, that's when attitudes towards us changed from hate and contempt to respect. The SAME can be said about Mexico, Iraq, Congo, Pakistan and so on once they take care of business. Sheesh!

If it means copying cultures that are good like the Jews, Japanese, northern Europeans and so on; I'd def Ok with that.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,837,140 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't care about what a bunch of messed up countries want. Respect is earned, NOT demanded. I'm of Irish family; we had the rep of being drunkards, hooligans and so on and a LOT of that was true. Guess what: when WE got our act together like in cutting down that stupid behavior and so on, that's when attitudes towards us changed from hate and contempt to respect. The SAME can be said about Mexico, Iraq, Congo, Pakistan and so on once they take care of business. Sheesh!

If it means copying cultures that are good; I'd def Ok with that.
Weird, my post that you quoted doesn't say a word about culture or assimilation.... regardless Latinos are just as capable of assimilation as Irish people.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:08 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,468,080 times
Reputation: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Weird, my post that you quoted doesn't say a word about culture or assimilation.... regardless Latinos are just as capable of assimilation as Irish people.
I am not so sure Latinos can completely assimilate into our culture.

From what I have witnessed they have every little desire to try......and for some our culture to just to much for them.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,837,140 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am not so sure Latinos can completely assimilate into our culture.
EXACTLY what they said about the Irish.

Quote:
From what I have witnessed they have every little desire to try......and for some our culture to just to much for them.
EXACTLY what they said about the Irish.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:22 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,468,080 times
Reputation: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
EXACTLY what they said about the Irish.



EXACTLY what they said about the Irish.
I am not just saying this.

It is something that has had a huge effect on my life.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:25 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,837,140 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am not just saying this.

It is something that has had a huge effect on my life.
Yeah, and that is what they said about the Irish! LOL!

How many times does an argument have to be wrong, and for how long, before it finally loses credibility? I suppose the answer must be nearly infinite, because the "they will not assimilate" argument is rising again, despite being about 0 for 19 on the groups to which it has been applied. Germans, Irish, Italians, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, and now Mexicans. This argument always seems to be treated seriously in real time and then looks stupid 20 or 30 years later.

People, when they were saying that the Irish would not assimilate were claiming that they had a huge effect on their lives as well.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:31 PM
 
877 posts, read 1,035,304 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Uh, yeah, you keep bringing up illegals, in the scenario we are discussing, THERE WOULD BE NONE.



Yeah, that is a common argument against immigration. Totally on-topic.



Oh, you mean like the Americans that built this country? You are right. That is the whole point of immigration, is to move your location so you can better your situation.

Legal immigration would NEVER be the same as illegal immigration. You keep the valuable people out by keeping it illegal.

More uneducated, unskilled workers = more prosperity... IF you nix the welfare programs.



No, you just proved that YOU don't understand economics, they create more production AND more consumption, both of which INCREASE jobs and prosperity. Seriously dude, take Econ 101.



^Thanks for exposing your intelligence level.
I think the fact that you've come to the conclusion that a population of uneducated and unskilled people means more consumption and prosperity shows your lack of intelligence in itself.

You're an embarrassment to liberals LOL

And they aren't valuable when they have nothing to contribute

And FYI, we were a nation of immigrants. But now we are a developed nation with laws and regulations. It's called history. Try reading up on it
 
Old 07-05-2014, 12:34 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,468,080 times
Reputation: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Yeah, and that is what they said about the Irish! LOL!

How many times does an argument have to be wrong, and for how long, before it finally loses credibility? I suppose the answer must be nearly infinite, because the "they will not assimilate" argument is rising again, despite being about 0 for 19 on the groups to which it has been applied. Germans, Irish, Italians, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, and now Mexicans. This argument always seems to be treated seriously in real time and then looks stupid 20 or 30 years later.

People, when they were saying that the Irish would not assimilate were claiming that they had a huge effect on their lives as well.
You do not know me.....or, know that I have family and own land in Honduras......and also a X-sister-in-law that lives in Little Havana.

I go to Honduras most years......and my X-sister-in-law has visited me many times.

I see how her life would be much better if she would assimilate into our way of doing things......she just will not try.

She say she is fine......and she is....as long as she stays in her area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top