Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:04 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Ciudad Juarez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
These advocates for a completely open border say this would create an incredible boom in America.
That boom would be the sound of the country exploding and destroyed. Becoming Corruption Central would not be attractive.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:36 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
The best part is watching people who can't form a complete sentence fail laughably at attempting to explain economics. These guys are just bigots who don't understand markets.

If you remove welfare, and open the borders, we see the same kind of prosperity that made this country a super-power.

Professor Jacob Vigdor Discusses How Immigrants Bring Jobs and Energize Economy

Again, the ONLY thing that needs done to avoid the doomsday theories, is you MUST repeal welfare. I think it is sad that lazy people in Alabama think they are entitled to my money, but they cry foul if an immigrant does it. (And they do it at FAR LOWER rates)

The problem is the idea that it is ok to rob Peter to pay Paul, it is NOT... And it DOES NOT MATTER if Paul is an immigrant or a citizen.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
The best part is watching people who can't form a complete sentence fail laughably at attempting to explain economics. These guys are just bigots who don't understand markets.

If you remove welfare, and open the borders, we see the same kind of prosperity that made this country a super-power.

Professor Jacob Vigdor Discusses How Immigrants Bring Jobs and Energize Economy

Again, the ONLY thing that needs done to avoid the doomsday theories, is you MUST repeal welfare. I think it is sad that lazy people in Alabama think they are entitled to my money, but they cry foul if an immigrant does it. (And they do it at FAR LOWER rates)

The problem is the idea that it is ok to rob Peter to pay Paul, it is NOT... And it DOES NOT MATTER if Paul is an immigrant or a citizen.
Uh; please tell us how countries like Canada, Sweden and Germany are doing with THEIR fancy welfare AND strict control of their borders are doing? I'd rather do things their way than do things like you want done.

I'm def PROUD to be called a "bigot" since you must think ILLEGAL aliens are a "race". Thanks. LOL!

Old 07-05-2014, 09:43 AM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Bigots? So wanting to enforce laws that every other nation has makes one a bigot?

And if an American citizen needs assistance, that is what welfare is for, paid by taxes in order to support their own in hopes that they will soon find employment and begin contributing to the economy again.

I'm not sure what good it does to compare 1 disadvantaged citizen to thousands or millions of uneducated and unskilled immigrants who will live in poverty just as they did in their home countries.

Also, immigration is different from illegal immigration. I guess that explains why African and Asian immigrants have the highest college graduation rates and often go into medical/engineering fields

Old 07-05-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; please tell us how countries like Canada, Sweden and Germany are doing with THEIR fancy welfare AND strict control of their borders are doing? I'd rather do things their way than do things like you want done.

I'm def PROUD to be called a "bigot" since you must think ILLEGAL aliens are a "race". Thanks. LOL!
Too bad Canada, Germany and Sweden have immigration laws, regardless of their need to help the small populations they have.

Although I do have a girlfriend from Sweden who said in recent years there has been a surge in Muslims from Northern Africa in the Middle East and there is a strong anti Muslim sentiment towards them as the crime rate went up drastically as the immigrant population increased

But I mean, traveling through the neighborhoods infiltrated with illegal immigrants in general is a journey through poverty in itself.

Oh wait, even Mexico has immigration laws. They seem to understand that one cannot move into their country and expect the same benefits as their own citizens

Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Bigots? So wanting to enforce laws that every other nation has makes one a bigot?

And if an American citizen needs assistance, that is what welfare is for, paid by taxes in order to support their own in hopes that they will soon find employment and begin contributing to the economy again.

I'm not sure what good it does to compare 1 disadvantaged citizen to thousands or millions of uneducated and unskilled immigrants who will live in poverty just as they did in their home countries.

Also, immigration is different from illegal immigration. I guess that explains why African and Asian immigrants have the highest college graduation rates and often go into medical/engineering fields
Agreed. Tho many people like to tell lies and that's def more a thing for most pro amnesty fans than us who DON'T want amnesty for illegal aliens.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Those countries are based on authoritarianism, you favor authoritarianism and mob rule over liberty and freedom. Liberty and freedom means no welfare and open borders.

You just want the best possible scenario FOR YOURSELF, not freedom for everyone. The sad thing is, you are so ignorant to economics that you don't realize open borders and repealing welfare would increase your prosperity... unless you are a leach...

Again, you guys show your ignorance, this thread is about OPEN BORDERS, which means NO ILLEGALS.

Quote:

YOU CAN'T USE THE 'ENFORCING THE LAW' ARGUMENT! This thread is about OPEN BORDERS which would mean NO LAWS against immigration.

Either bigoted or dumb. The economics are clear on this issue. If people understand economics, and still say no to open borders, they are probably bigoted.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT OPEN BORDERS, THAT MEANS NO ILLEGALS. This is why you guys can't be taken seriously... you can't even stay on topic.

I think your way of thinking is primitive, collectivist, and can only be enforced with violence upon peaceful people.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, they aren't taking our jobs then, just sitting at home collecting welfare?
That's what Obama's current bunch is all about. You think those Central Americans never heard of our child labor laws? Do you think they're coming here pregnant and carrying infants because they want to our could pay the high day care costs here?

When they work, it's very often a combination of wages and welfare handouts -- like it or not - it's even difficult to make ends meet in this country with a high school diploma and knowledge of English --- most illegals have neither.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 AM

We can't stay on topic?

You made the assertion that Americans are flabbergasted by the thought of your money going to an immigrant before going to a so called lazy American

And the immigrants would who waltz into the US would be the equivalent of illegal immigrants today. Uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking and high teenage pregnancy/high school drop out rates.

Apparently you yourself do not understand economics. If you did, you would know that uneducated and unskilled workers have little to nothing to contribute to the economy--no more than lazy hillbilly Bob sitting in Alabama

Herp derp

Old 07-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
We can't stay on topic?
Uh, yeah, you keep bringing up illegals, in the scenario we are discussing, THERE WOULD BE NONE.

Quote:
You made the assertion that Americans are flabbergasted by the thought of your money going to an immigrant before going to a so called lazy American
Yeah, that is a common argument against immigration. Totally on-topic.

Quote:
And the immigrants would who waltz into the US would be the equivalent of illegal immigrants today. Uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking and high teenage pregnancy/high school drop out rates.
Oh, you mean like the Americans that built this country? You are right. That is the whole point of immigration, is to move your location so you can better your situation.

Legal immigration would NEVER be the same as illegal immigration. You keep the valuable people out by keeping it illegal.

More uneducated, unskilled workers = more prosperity... IF you nix the welfare programs.

Quote:
Apparently you yourself do not understand economics. If you did, you would know that uneducated and unskilled workers have little to nothing to contribute to the economy--no more than lazy hillbilly Bob sitting in Alabama
No, you just proved that YOU don't understand economics, they create more production AND more consumption, both of which INCREASE jobs and prosperity. Seriously dude, take Econ 101.

Quote:
Herp derp
^Thanks for exposing your intelligence level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration