Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 07:47 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Why were we so concerned about the Iraqui people a few years back and not these children today? The Iraq experience had a far more profound effect on taxes.
We were concerned then too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Does that mean white taxpayers?
I'm a white taxpayer. I don't like my money being used on stupid foreign interventions in the Middle East but there's nothing I can do about it.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Going 5 mph very slowly. If they don't move too bad.
I know two of the guys protesting. They aren't White and one of them has a CCW. Good luck with that.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I know two of the guys protesting. They aren't White and one of them has a CCW. Good luck with that.

Ah, there it is! The proverbial "guns solve everything" rebuttal. So you would shoot at a bus driver for simply doing the job they were hired to do - to transport immigrants? Standing in front of the buses and stopping them was quite silly and stupid. It didn't solve anything at all because the immigrants were just sent to another facility.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:31 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Ah, there it is! The proverbial "guns solve everything" rebuttal. So you would shoot at a bus driver for simply doing the job they were hired to do - to transport immigrants? Standing in front of the buses and stopping them was quite silly and stupid. It didn't solve anything at all because the immigrants were just sent to another facility.
You conveniently leave out the word "illegal". They are not immigrants. They are illegal aliens. What they did by blocking the buses was to be commended.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Running over people isn't a job for a bus driver. Were you ok with the illegals and their friends protesting downtown LA? Stopping traffic? If the whole reason is to bring light to the subject than so be it. You can't be behind the illegals protesting and then be against Americans protesting. Do you know how many Mexican born Americans HATE Guatemalans, much the less illegal ones. Your use of the race card in this is tired.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:42 PM

546 posts, read 817,443 times
Shame on the protesters in Murrieta. Yes, the situation is a mess with no easy answers.

But screaming down buses filled mostly with children who have fled dangerous/horrendous circumstances? ....and I thought Murrietta was populuated with folks with good "Christian" values. What a crock of sh*&t that is!

Not a proud moment to be an American...

There are thousands of children who are so scared to die that they are willing to take the most dangerous journey of their lives for the chance of a better future. I am not implying that the US government should assume responsibility for every single one of these children. I also do not think we should drop them off at the border like unwanted animals. As I said, there are no easy answers but we have a choice to make as a country. We can allow fear and self-centeredness to drive the conversation, or we can chose to look at these children for exactly what they are: traumatized, scared, and vulnerable human beings.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
Shame on the protesters in Murrieta. Yes, the situation is a mess with no easy answers.

But screaming down buses filled mostly with children who have fled dangerous/horrendous circumstances? ....and I thought Murrietta was populuated with folks with good "Christian" values. What a crock of sh*&t that is!

There are thousands of children who are so scared to die that they are willing to take the most dangerous journey of their lives for the chance of a better future. I am not implying that the US government should assume responsibility for every single one of these children. I also do not think we should drop them off at the border like unwanted animals. As I said, there are no easy answers but we have a choice to make as a country. We can allow fear and self-centeredness to drive the conversation, or we can chose to look at these children for exactly what they are: traumatized, scared, and vulnerable human beings.
We don't have the resources for them or don't you understand that? Pretty stupid post to bring Christian values up. It has nothing to do with it. Try reading a few posts about the destruction of some employment fields, overcrowding schools and putting a drain on the system.

They are illegal. Period. You take some in and use your finances to support them. I hope they deport every last one.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
We don't have the resources for them or don't you understand that? Pretty stupid post to bring Christian values up. It has nothing to do with it. Try reading a few posts about the destruction of some employment fields, overcrowding schools and putting a drain on the system.

They are illegal. Period. You take some in and use your finances to support them. I hope they deport every last one.
Wish I could rep you! They are illegal! Period.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post

Repped you! Totally agree! There is no easy solution. Many people have a black and white thought process with things like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration