U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:00 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Theunbrainwashed is thinking probably about the same amount as the self-professed CD millionaires on here
Really....a million isn't much money anymore.....sad to say that.....but, it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 11:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Colorado's DMV website overwhelmed by non-citizen license requests | Fox News

When we came here over a decade ago we had to show a lot or proof before being able to get a drivers license and it was something to be proud of to be able to get and proof of doing things right and coming through the front door.

Illegals were afraid to be seen and caught. Right now illegals are on tv, showing themselves off every where and not afraid to speak up an demand all kind of stuff while hardly anyone will be able to determine who they really are.

Legal aliens are screened, paid fees for visa's and to get here and being known for who they are and where they are staying so the government can keep a track on them.

It seems to me that illegals are getting so bold that it makes more sense to come her illegal even from countries that you easily can get a visa from to stay here.

Why not go to Mexico and enter illegally and save all the money to go through the legal system?

It seems this government is promoting that and why not take advantage of that. After all you can get a drivers license, get a job and a path to a green card something E2 visa holders won't be able to get.

That means the benefits are bigger for illegals incl. the president willing to use his pen to sign for illegals to stay here and as a bonus you get welcomed by Pelosi!
Illegals get far more benefits. They get completely free health care and Obama made them exempt from his Obamacare. Illegals don't have to worry about driving licenses or passing the tests, they cannot even be asked to show a drivers license or they claim racial profiling.

They pay no fees at all, fill out no papers, endure no waiting period to come here, they simply decide they're coming and they come. Illegals don't have any income requirements whatsoever, they don't need to have a job. Just like the illegals coming over now in this huge flood of illegals, many are children too young to work but Obama is getting them billions of dollars in free health care -- no wait at all like the VA. They're being fed very well, given free transportation to where they want to go. Nothing at all expected of them.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
And BTW - it's been reported a number of times now, that passage for these kids through Mexico cost thousands of dollars. How can any of these people or their families afford thousands of dollars? And if they can afford thousands of dollars they could have done it the way I (and other law abiding people) did. Through the legal immigration process.

This whole thing makes me want to puke.
Our government is paying their way -- I'm pretty convinced of that. They've got shelters, transportation, legal services, free health care all lined up for them as soon as they arrive -- unlike our own homeless American citizens.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:34 AM

25,334 posts, read 37,463,648 times
When you discuss e2 visa holders and that their kids have to go back when they turn 21 and than many people stating that they should have known and why would we care...

At least E2 visa holders pay taxes, we know who they are, they have to hire American citizens to be able to keep an E2 visa and they spend legal money here and paid their fees to be here.

I agree with another poster about the voter ID's but these liberals are all about whining and complaining and getting more people to vote for them.

I wonder how much they would favor illegal immigration if the republicans would allow them to stay with never being allowed to vote as a condition.

But we all know Mickey Mouse and dead people vote for the Democrats....

Old 07-04-2014, 11:35 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Theunbrainwashed is thinking probably about the same amount as the self-professed CD millionaires on here
This husband of a legal immigrant and now citizen knows exactly what it takes, how much it costs and the huge difference in accountability that illegals are held to v.s legals. I can back up the differences with USCIS web sites and immigrant friendly web sites. There is very little illegals have to do compared to legals. especially the all important first step of applying for a VISA.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
And BTW - it's been reported a number of times now, that passage for these kids through Mexico cost thousands of dollars. How can any of these people or their families afford thousands of dollars? And if they can afford thousands of dollars they could have done it the way I (and other law abiding people) did. Through the legal immigration process.

This whole thing makes me want to puke.
They don't qualify to immigrate under our laws, and they know that enforcement here is a joke. So they just walk across instead of doing it the legal way, since they have no respect for our laws and believe they are entitled to their own "American Dream." Problem is, their dream is a NIGHTMARE for the rest of us!!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 AM

11,626 posts, read 17,035,814 times
I came here legally, worked for 10 + years and finally applied for my citizen ship last year. I did it the right way and I can tell you I would not have done it any other way. First off, it makes you feel good knowing that you didn't break laws, took advantage of people, this countries hospitality, benefits etc. Also, most people don't like illegal immigrants. They will never be accepted like immigrants who comes here the "right way". I would not want to be not welcomed. When I tell people where I come from, I am always met with a possessive attitude; that is important to me. I don't want to hide anything and work under the table and potentially risk being sent back. What kind of life is that?

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 07-04-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 07-04-2014, 11:56 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Other states have been issuing drives licenses for a long time to anyone who applies and has appropriate identification. law enforcement generally supports expanding drivers licenses as a means of identification. Nebraska and Arizona are the only two states that didn't expand Dream Act drivers licenses. That means almost every Republican conservative state is issuing licenses ton non-citizens. I would like to see thumbprints, or facial recognition software along with the licenses as a way of identification. Better to have licensed drivers on the street and hopefully with insurance than have unlicensed drivers and no insurance.
The ONLY way I MIGHT be "Ok' with ANY kind of US ID for an illegal alien is if those ID's say "Illegal Alien" on them AND the police CAN take them in for just being in the US illegally.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:58 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I came here legally, worked for 10 + years and finally applied for my citizen ship last year. I did it the right way and I can tell you I would not have done it any other way. First off, it makes you feel good knowing that you didn't break any laws or took advantage of people, this countries hopitality, benefits etc. Also, most people don't like illegal immigrants. They will never be accepted like immigrants who comes here the "right way". I would not want to be not welcomed. When I tell people where I come from, I am always met with a possessive attitude; that is important to me. I don't want to hide anything and work under the table and potentially risk being sent back. What kind of life is that?
People like you I WANT to come to the US because you follow OUR rules. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,583 times
Quote:
I went through the legal process in the mid-90's. Paid all the money, filled out all the paperwork, waited in all the lines, was interviewed by all the smug bureaucrats at INS (at that time), had the fingerprints and the background checks and health inspections, swore that I wasn't a druggie or a commie or a prostitute and had never engaged in genocide.

Did much of the above all over again when I became an American citizen.

Should have just flown down to Mexico and walked across the border. Would have been easier, cheaper, less aggravation and a whole lot faster than the crap I had to go through.

Silly Juneaubound!
LOL, this is exactly what happened to us. I married my wife overseas and we went through all the paperwork, exams, fees and interviews. She got her conditional green card. Two years later went through more paperwork, fees and interviews. She got the permanent green card. Then she became a US citizen after MORE paperwork, fees and citizenship test.

I've told her many times it would have been cheaper and faster to have just dropped her in Tijuana and had her come across illegally. It would have been the same end result. But then, I guess some of us obey the law and some don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or