U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:28 AM

25,334 posts, read 37,471,570 times

Advertisements

Colorado's DMV website overwhelmed by non-citizen license requests | Fox News

When we came here over a decade ago we had to show a lot or proof before being able to get a drivers license and it was something to be proud of to be able to get and proof of doing things right and coming through the front door.

Illegals were afraid to be seen and caught. Right now illegals are on tv, showing themselves off every where and not afraid to speak up an demand all kind of stuff while hardly anyone will be able to determine who they really are.

Legal aliens are screened, paid fees for visa's and to get here and being known for who they are and where they are staying so the government can keep a track on them.

It seems to me that illegals are getting so bold that it makes more sense to come her illegal even from countries that you easily can get a visa from to stay here.

Why not go to Mexico and enter illegally and save all the money to go through the legal system?

It seems this government is promoting that and why not take advantage of that. After all you can get a drivers license, get a job and a path to a green card something E2 visa holders won't be able to get.

That means the benefits are bigger for illegals incl. the president willing to use his pen to sign for illegals to stay here and as a bonus you get welcomed by Pelosi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,190,597 times
Other states have been issuing drives licenses for a long time to anyone who applies and has appropriate identification. law enforcement generally supports expanding drivers licenses as a means of identification. Nebraska and Arizona are the only two states that didn't expand Dream Act drivers licenses. That means almost every Republican conservative state is issuing licenses ton non-citizens. I would like to see thumbprints, or facial recognition software along with the licenses as a way of identification. Better to have licensed drivers on the street and hopefully with insurance than have unlicensed drivers and no insurance.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:06 AM

4,908 posts, read 3,486,368 times
I went through the legal process in the mid-90's. Paid all the money, filled out all the paperwork, waited in all the lines, was interviewed by all the smug bureaucrats at INS (at that time), had the fingerprints and the background checks and health inspections, swore that I wasn't a druggie or a commie or a prostitute and had never engaged in genocide.

Did much of the above all over again when I became an American citizen.

Should have just flown down to Mexico and walked across the border. Would have been easier, cheaper, less aggravation and a whole lot faster than the crap I had to go through.

Silly Juneaubound!

Old 07-04-2014, 09:09 AM

4,908 posts, read 3,486,368 times
And BTW - it's been reported a number of times now, that passage for these kids through Mexico cost thousands of dollars. How can any of these people or their families afford thousands of dollars? And if they can afford thousands of dollars they could have done it the way I (and other law abiding people) did. Through the legal immigration process.

This whole thing makes me want to puke.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,339,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Other states have been issuing drives licenses for a long time to anyone who applies and has appropriate identification. law enforcement generally supports expanding drivers licenses as a means of identification. Nebraska and Arizona are the only two states that didn't expand Dream Act drivers licenses. That means almost every Republican conservative state is issuing licenses ton non-citizens. I would like to see thumbprints, or facial recognition software along with the licenses as a way of identification. Better to have licensed drivers on the street and hopefully with insurance than have unlicensed drivers and no insurance.
Child, please.

People that break the law -- and that's what ILLEGAL ALIENS do -- are not going to magically fall into line and get insurance. A lot of idiots in state/local government, to say nothing of the moron in the Blight House, seem to think that "hey, giving them driver's licenses will make them play by the rules."

I have a far better idea -- enforce the LAWS on the books, deport people, and show ILLEGAL ALIENS that they are not welcome here if they choose to come here ILLEGALLY.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 AM

6,502 posts, read 4,863,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I went through the legal process in the mid-90's. Paid all the money, filled out all the paperwork, waited in all the lines, was interviewed by all the smug bureaucrats at INS (at that time), had the fingerprints and the background checks and health inspections, swore that I wasn't a druggie or a commie or a prostitute and had never engaged in genocide.

Did much of the above all over again when I became an American citizen.

Should have just flown down to Mexico and walked across the border. Would have been easier, cheaper, less aggravation and a whole lot faster than the crap I had to go through.

Silly Juneaubound!
And if you just break the laws, you get Congresswomen to bring you lollipops and praise and welcome you to America.

If you follow the rules, when you finally get sworn in, you have Michelle Obama push for amnesty for illegals right in front of you and others who actually followed the rules.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:38 AM

12,172 posts, read 6,697,957 times
Well since even illegals can easily get licenses that pretty much kills the opposition to voter id laws...

Old 07-04-2014, 09:51 AM

14,212 posts, read 9,611,695 times
Lucidkitty wonders how many of the people who are claiming they immigrated to this country are pulling it out of their asses to make their point seem more valid.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:53 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Lucidkitty wonders how many of the people who are claiming they immigrated to this country are pulling it out of their asses to make their point seem more valid.
Theunbrainwashed is thinking probably about the same amount as the self-professed CD millionaires on here

Old 07-04-2014, 09:59 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Ask them a few questions about their experience......that should answer your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or