Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 01:19 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,940,539 times

Advertisements

Scabies is bad news. It's not life threatening, but it is serious in that it is very hard to get rid of, and extremely contagious. The itch is something that will keep you up nights, scratching your skin to the point of making it bleed. Not all the medications available work on everyone, and many of them are very rough on the system. Making sure the scabies mite is eradicated from your home is tedious, expensive and labor intensive. Your washing machine and dryer will be running night and day. I wouldn't wish scabies on my worse enemy. I ended up with them after a stay in a motel and went through hell to get rid of them. It was a nightmare.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
But pro-illegal immigration advocates are more concerned about the well-being of the illegals - that is, do they have a comfortable place to sleep? Are they getting enough nutritious food and water? Are they receiving free healthcare?

Old 07-05-2014, 01:51 PM

183 posts, read 192,817 times
Another story about scabies...

"Ronald Zermeno, health and safety director for the National Border Control Council union, said the agent told him that he observed several people with open sores while screening them in preparation to be released to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Scabies is caused by a mite that burrows into skin and lays eggs, causing an intense itching and rash, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Border Agent Contracts Scabies After Handling Undocumented Immigrants - NBC News

Old 07-05-2014, 02:11 PM

442 posts, read 800,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obama is here to finish his term.
Finish America, more like.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:21 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
More free doctors and nurses to the border to greet the illegals arriving by the thousands to treat all their health issues. They may even need to take some from the VA clinics as this thing escalates. Many of the illegals are 14 years old and pregnant -- their needs are very great.
Not the VA clinics! It is almost impossible to get an appointment the way things are. Gosh, maybe they are already using the staff and that is why they are always "short" on medical personnel? Of course, pregnant, those little golden nuggets assuring government benefits for the children and then, surely you wouldn't be cold-hearted and uncaring enough to deport the mommas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
As far as scabies -- it's not so different than the bed bugs already brought in by immigrants -- very often the actual cleaning staffs -- and that now wreck havoc on those staying in hotels and motels throughout the US. You don't die from scabies -- and schools with illegal children have had head lice problems for decades now.

It's all just part and parcel of turning the USA into a low rent third world nation.
I also think they transporting in diseases/viruses whatever that will effect our pets. When you have 10 to 15 people living in a residence met for 4 and maybe no running water on top of that, a lot of income coming in being sent to Mexico and, let's face it, this is the way they live so it isn't a big deal to them. I am SO glad that when we moved here that I didn't have children in school! House is going on the market and wish we were leaving the country!

Old 07-05-2014, 04:39 PM

183 posts, read 192,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Not the VA clinics! It is almost impossible to get an appointment the way things are......
So Obumo is giving millions and billions to these illegal aliens while this crap is happening to our veterans.....

From ABC News...Veteran Dies Waiting for Ambulance in VA Hospital

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Jul 3, 2014, 1:42 PM ET
A veteran who collapsed in an Albuquerque Veteran Affairs hospital cafeteria — 500 yards from the emergency room — died after waiting around 20 minutes for an ambulance, officials confirmed Thursday.

Veteran Dies Waiting for Ambulance in VA Hospital - ABC News

Old 07-05-2014, 08:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Another story about scabies...

"Ronald Zermeno, health and safety director for the National Border Control Council union, said the agent told him that he observed several people with open sores while screening them in preparation to be released to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Scabies is caused by a mite that burrows into skin and lays eggs, causing an intense itching and rash, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Border Agent Contracts Scabies After Handling Undocumented Immigrants - NBC News
Scabies in humans is caused by the same mite that causes mange in cats and dogs.

Scabies is people mange.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:00 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Scabies in humans is caused by the same mite that causes mange in cats and dogs.

Scabies is people mange.
I think all this has finally got to me. This is very serious, but it struck me as very funny. I wish I could rep you again.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The funniest (and saddest) aspect of this scenario is that our neighbor to the south seems to handle illegal immigration into their own country quite effectively, and then laughs at the U.S. for its own laxed immigration policies regarding every other impoverished soul that gets to enter with impunity, including those from their own cesspool.
Actually no. They have a substantial problem on their southern border driven by land owners who prefer foreign workers to the locals.

Works just like in Texas...

Old 07-05-2014, 10:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It will not be easy....Obama's handlers will cry racism.....over...and over....and over.

Obama is here to finish his term.
Silliness. All the Repubs have to do is change a few laws. Nothing to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration