U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 12:28 PM

9,303 posts, read 5,801,995 times

Advertisements

So, they had to scrub the entire McAllen station down.

Border Patrol Controls Scabies Outbreak at McAllen Station | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories

Meantime, I'm stocking up on Deep Wood Off.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:34 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,963,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

Border Patrol Controls Scabies Outbreak at McAllen Station | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories

And what about the busses and bus stations ?
What about the planes ?

They shipped off illegals all over the US.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:48 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

Great.

Just leave some Off for the rest of us.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 PM

3,031 posts, read 2,870,938 times
Default Speaking of contagious illnesses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Great.

Just leave some Off for the rest of us.
More than 20 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child, it was discovered that I had no record of being inoculated from Rubella aka "German Measles". Not sure why, and my mother didn't know why either.

When my doctor discussed this with me, he told me that Rubella isn't usually a big deal, but it's very dangerous to an unborn child, then asked me if I was working and if it was in a public place.

I told him I worked part time in the school yard at my son's school in San Juan Capistrano right across from the Mission and church known for having a large Mexican population and yes, many "undocumented" children as it is a city with deep historical roots in Latino culture, and a "safe haven" for illegal aliens.

He was very familiar with this school and he advised me to quit my job immediately! While it's common for Americans to be vaccinated against Rubella, many across the boarder were not. I would be very curious if when these people are processed if they are being inoculated with against diseases we take for granted we're protected against?

BTW, I was given the vaccine the next morning after giving birth before I even left the hospital!

Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
More than 20 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child, it was discovered that I had no record of being inoculated from Rubella aka "German Measles". Not sure why, and my mother didn't know why either.

When my doctor discussed this with me, he told me that Rubella isn't usually a big deal, but it's very dangerous to an unborn child, then asked me if I was working and if it was in a public place.

I told him I worked part time in the school yard at my son's school in San Juan Capistrano right across from the Mission and church known for having a large Mexican population and yes, many "undocumented" children as it is a city with deep historical roots in Latino culture, and a "safe haven" for illegal aliens.

He was very familiar with this school and he advised me to quit my job immediately! While it's common for Americans to be vaccinated against Rubella, many across the boarder were not. I would be very curious if when these people are processed if they are being inoculated with against diseases we take for granted we're protected against?

BTW, I was given the vaccine the next morning after giving birth before I even left the hospital!
Isn't that great. Illegal aliens in the area and the American citizen is advised to quit HER job. Yup. It's an alternate universe.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,289,036 times
This is an awful thing to say.....but, when I visit my family in Honduras the girls think I am being cool because I come home with nothing.....I leave my clothes .... shampoo.....all but what I wear home.

The truth is I am afraid of bringing something home I do not want.

And their house is very clean....I just bring nothing back.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,159,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Isn't that great. Illegal aliens in the area and the American citizen is advised to quit HER job. Yup. It's an alternate universe.
You aware of where she was working? My stars even illegals there are worth 10 million and have help doing their neighbors lawns.

God knocked the place down twice. She should have known better.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,159,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This is an awful thing to say.....but, when I visit my family in Honduras the girls think I am being cool because I come home with nothing.....I leave my clothes .... shampoo.....all but what I wear home.

The truth is I am afraid of bringing something home I do not want.

And their house is very clean....I just bring nothing back.
You need to get over it. A dose of all the fun bugs while you are young and healthy will be a great help late in life.

My problem is the GD genetic part...things keep not working quite right...

Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,289,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You need to get over it. A dose of all the fun bugs while you are young and healthy will be a great help late in life.

My problem is the GD genetic part...things keep not working quite right...
The kids love my clothes.....now they would be heartbroken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration