Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 12:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3gd View Post
Woo Woo! I support my fellow Americans in Murrieta! Don't let the media try and brand you guys as racist; the NY Times yesterday tried to label the town as a "conservative" enclave, despite me seeing Blacks and even a few Latinos there too protesting on the anti- illegal side. I'm Black Democrat, and I oppose it and I'm no conservative.
And MSNBC has labeled the protesters as a bunch of "hateful, white racists". Like you, I've seen a lot more than just white people there.

Andrea Mitchell actually said that Murrieta is "the modern-day, Ellis Island." Unbelievable.

I'm sick of being demonized for being white, and I'm sick of being demonized for believing that our border should be secure.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And MSNBC has labeled the protesters as a bunch of "hateful, white racists". Like you, I've seen a lot more than just white people there.
Word is in 2014 that ANY person who's AGAINST amnesty for illegal aliens is a card carrying KKK member, even Black dudes the color of a car tire. LOL!

Old 07-05-2014, 12:55 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
I also posted this in the other thread about Murrieta:

It is sad to see the invasion cheerleaders show up in this thread It's even sadder to see them denigrate the good people of Murrieta who get how much illegal immigration has damaged this country.

I'm assuming all those invasion cheerleaders have gotten in touch with the government and each of them have agreed to foster at least a dozen of these kids. Yet somehow I doubt it. Most invasion cheerleaders expect others to pick up the tab. In other words, they don't put their money where their mouths are.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Yeah!!! Lets celebrate ignorance!!! So you stopped the buses in Murrieta. That was silly and stupid. All that happened was the immigrants found asylum at another facility so really there is nothing to celebrate about. I agree that the immigrants should not get a free ride once they are released, but think about the desperate situations they are in. A lot of them were children that came alone. They came to America because they heard it was the land of opportunity and they get here to a crowd of white rednecks screaming and shouting. It probably scared most of them.

I believe that we should process them and then call the embassies in their home countries to help them reunite with their families over in their home country. Instead of spending billions on the Middle East, why don't we focus on fixing our immigration system.

'MERICA!!!!
These 3, 4, 6, 11 year olds pouring into the USA by the many thousands every day did not hear about opportunities.

Supposedly they're fleeing their countries because of the gangs that are going to kill them -- very doubtful anything scares them --- and they wouldn't begin to know what anyone was shouting -- these kids will never learn English and they sure don't know it now.

Stop the "it's for the children" crap --- some of these children being exploited in Obama's little plan have already lost their lives.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:04 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I'm sick of being demonized for being white, and I'm sick of being demonized for believing that our border should be secure.
aww poor white people. We've all just been so discriminated against throughout history. We were slaves and forced to work on plantations, we had our land savagely stolen from us, we get better education opportunities and make much more money on average than our minority counterparts. Our lives are just so hard!

Old 07-05-2014, 03:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Yeah!!! Lets celebrate ignorance!!! So you stopped the buses in Murrieta. That was silly and stupid. All that happened was the immigrants found asylum at another facility so really there is nothing to celebrate about. I agree that the immigrants should not get a free ride once they are released, but think about the desperate situations they are in. A lot of them were children that came alone. They came to America because they heard it was the land of opportunity and they get here to a crowd of white rednecks screaming and shouting. It probably scared most of them.

I believe that we should process them and then call the embassies in their home countries to help them reunite with their families over in their home country. Instead of spending billions on the Middle East, why don't we focus on fixing our immigration system.

'MERICA!!!!
Actually what it did was show that American citizens are not happy with Obama's handling of the issue. As these people made a stand, many many others call out their support. This causes the Administration a problem. Their agenda of passing amnesty like laws will not go as smoothly as they had hoped. Another question begs to be answered. How did the Obama administration get caught so completely unprepared? How did all of these people migrate 1200+ miles in waves and no one knew? This is an absolute gross failure by the Obama Administration or it was a calculated event. Either way Obama owns it and needs to answer for it.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:23 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
aww poor white people. We've all just been so discriminated against throughout history. We were slaves and forced to work on plantations, we had our land savagely stolen from us, we get better education opportunities and make much more money on average than our minority counterparts. Our lives are just so hard!
Nice racist post. How many of the illegals have you taken into your home? Put up or shut up.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ok; you call it being "ignorant" stopping the busses full of illegal aliens, I call it "drawing a line in the sand". Meaning people are about ready to step up and take care of business AGAINST the kind who want amnesty for illegal aliens. Those kind would be the Pelosis and Reids of the world because they're just traitors IMHO.
And to think that our nation's first immigration laws were enacted just a little over one hundred years ago - before then, WE were the immigrants. Unless you were native American or Mexican living on land belonging to Mexico (now called California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Nevada), we were ALL immigrants once, and our forefathers traveled here for the same reasons these people are coming - safety, freedom, and economic. These Murrieta protestors, some of whom speak with accents themselves, seem shamefully ignorant of their own pasts. I know, I know, these children and some of their parents immigrated illegally, but in doing so, they are demonstrating their desperation, and for that, we should have a modicum of empathy.

That argument, that resources are needed to help our own, would hold water if anyone in D.C. was doing anything to pass job legislation, unemployment extension and upholding the ACA. As it is nobody is benefiting, American citizens included.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right, and neither does revenge.

Quote:
we were ALL immigrants once, and our forefathers traveled here for the same reasons these people are coming - safety, freedom, and economic.
I don't know about your ancestors, but all of my ancestors came here legally.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
And to think that our nation's first immigration laws were enacted just a little over one hundred years ago - before then, WE were the immigrants. Unless you were native American or Mexican living on land belonging to Mexico (now called California, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Nevada), we were ALL immigrants once, and our forefathers traveled here for the same reasons these people are coming - safety, freedom, and economic. These Murrieta protestors, some of whom speak with accents themselves, seem shamefully ignorant of their own pasts. I know, I know, these children and some of their parents immigrated illegally, but in doing so, they are demonstrating their desperation, and for that, we should have a modicum of empathy.

That argument, that resources are needed to help our own, would hold water if anyone in D.C. was doing anything to pass job legislation, unemployment extension and upholding the ACA. As it is nobody is benefiting, American citizens included.
That doesn't mean a thing in 2014 except in history. ALL countries including Mexico now have immigration laws and WILL enforce them. Too; more and more countries are slamming the door on aliens, even legal ones. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration