U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2014, 02:42 PM
 
Location: US
3,071 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Reputation: 1619

Advertisements

Really surprised to see the relocation being blocked in Obama's blue states. I thought they wanted undocumented immigrants here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Pelosi and Harry Reid and all the other "open borders" proponents.

here's a map showing where they are being transported to, which states have blocked such moves

feds-efforts-relocate-illegal-aliens-border
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Status: "MAGA" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: New Jersey
10,422 posts, read 5,979,636 times
Reputation: 10258
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Really surprised to see the relocation being blocked in Obama's blue states. I thought they wanted undocumented immigrants here.
No. In fact, aside from out illegal-loving, corrupt, prostitute buying senator, I have never met a single person in my state who supports illegal immigration. Not one conservative, liberal, independent, libertarian, or anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
9,173 posts, read 5,376,464 times
Reputation: 7655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Hillary wants them deported. She made that statement this week. Is she a neo-con?
No, she's just an outright liar. You know if she were ever actually in position to deport them she wouldn't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:04 PM
 
20,979 posts, read 15,614,915 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Hillary wants them deported. She made that statement this week. Is she a neo-con?
No, but everything she does and says has a political end. Like obama, lick finger, stick it in the air, see which way the political winds are blowing at the moment, support that. When it goes wrong, blame the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:04 PM
 
2,654 posts, read 2,820,987 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She epitomizes NIMBY.
Many would say Bimby too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:16 PM
 
Location: The Great Outdoors
442 posts, read 662,130 times
Reputation: 573
^Barack In My Back Yard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Florida
19,649 posts, read 8,216,795 times
Reputation: 16086
And of course, John Boehner & Co. are such angels, having absolutely nothing to do with any of this, since they basically do nothing at all other then collect a salary and have decided that doing nothing but obstructing is how to do their jobs.

Another useless thread contribution by the "Base" who would just as soon dump the Statue of Liberty in the harbor than do anything humane or constructive other than whine, whine, whine. Such patriots and humanitarians. And Rick Perry has incredible nerve complaining about getting help from the government after all of his constant empty babble about secession.

Obama Seeks Congress Action on Children Crossing Border - Businessweek

The awful reason tens of thousands of children are seeking refuge in the United States - Vox

The Pathetic Conclusion of Immigration Reform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:47 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No, she's just an outright liar. You know if she were ever actually in position to deport them she wouldn't do it.
One would hope so. It is against US law to deport these minors. Period. If we had managed to revise our immigration laws we would likely have been in a much better place to deal with all this. It is basically enabled by multi year back logs in courts. The actual laws involved were signed by Bush. And it is not clear there is any reasonable way to fix them save in the light of comprehensive immigration reform which is blocked in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 04:54 PM
 
3,216 posts, read 1,766,851 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And of course, John Boehner & Co. are such angels, having absolutely nothing to do with any of this, since they basically do nothing at all other then collect a salary and have decided that doing nothing but obstructing is how to do their jobs.

Another useless thread contribution by the "Base" who would just as soon dump the Statue of Liberty in the harbor than do anything humane or constructive other than whine, whine, whine. Such patriots and humanitarians. And Rick Perry has incredible nerve complaining about getting help from the government after all of his constant empty babble about secession.

Obama Seeks Congress Action on Children Crossing Border - Businessweek

The awful reason tens of thousands of children are seeking refuge in the United States - Vox

The Pathetic Conclusion of Immigration Reform
Perry is merely asking President Obama to do something about the crisis on the border. What a novel concept, being expected to do one's job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2014, 05:01 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Reputation: 2437
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Perry is merely asking President Obama to do something about the crisis on the border. What a novel concept, being expected to do one's job.
Only a racist would expect Obama to do his job OR not lie.
LOL !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top