U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 06:29 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times

Advertisements

Obviously DACA is more than a rumor and the fact that Obama is allowing them to stay and even spending tax dollars getting these smuggled children right to the doorsteps of the parent having them smuggled in is driving much of this.

This mother abandoned her children 10 years ago -- now with DACA they're very convenient to her.

More than rumors drive Central American youths toward U.S.*-*Los Angeles Times

A couple of weeks ago, sisters Karen and Sindy Laucel joined the exodus of youths from Central America, hoping to reconnect with their mother, who had left this farming village a decade ago in search of work in the U.S.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:07 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,283,023 times
Rumor???

It was broadcast on TV in Tela that minors would not be sent back.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 PM

5,491 posts, read 4,566,174 times
Coming here illegally, and then being treated like welcome guests, does not represent consequences they should be facing .
But this is democrat MO. and the rest of the country will be paying for it years to come.
Especially because there are so few jobs to pay taxes to pay for all this.
Environmentalists and liberals have been driving out business for years . They simply don't care about people and fall right in with the UN agenda 21.
California is the worst. stupidest bunch of dim whits I am ashamed .

Old 07-05-2014, 08:32 PM

It was the perfect storm in Honduras.

They never recovered from hurricane Mitch.

Then Obama meddled in their politics....and picked the wrong side.

Now, they deal with the fall out.

They have to deal with their own problems......we have to stop letting them in the USA.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:38 PM

26,500 posts, read 24,241,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
California is the worst. stupidest bunch of dim whits I am ashamed .
Uh.. Have you been paying attention to the news over the last few days? There are millions of Californians who are concerned about this issue.

And my understanding is that California has a double-fence along it's southern border. That's why the majority of illegals now are crossing into Arizona and Texas, where they do not have a double-fence.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:44 PM

11,547 posts, read 5,530,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It was the perfect storm in Honduras.

They never recovered from hurricane Mitch.

Then Obama meddled in their politics....and picked the wrong side.

Now, they deal with the fall out.

They have to deal with their own problems......we have to stop letting them in the USA.
"They never recovered from hurricane Mitch".

Recently, I visited Chicago and learned more details about the Chicago fire of 1871. What struck me was how American citizens and immigrants all rolled up their sleeves and set about to not only rebuild Chicago but to make it even better.

People in these third world holes don't do any such rebuilding after a major disaster. Instead, they expect first world countries to show up and fix everything. Either that, or they do nothing about rebuilding.

Along those lines, I worry about our country. Years after hurricane Katrina hit, we still haven't totally rebuilt all the damaged areas. That's not the American can-do spirit that we've seen since the beginning of our nation.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Recently, I visited Chicago and learned more details about the Chicago fire of 1871. What struck me was how American citizens and immigrants all rolled up their sleeves and set about to not only rebuild Chicago but to make it even better.

People in these third world holes don't do any such rebuilding after a major disaster. Instead, they expect first world countries to show up and fix everything. Either that, or they do nothing about rebuilding.

Along those lines, I worry about our country. Years after hurricane Katrina hit, we still haven't totally rebuilt all the damaged areas. That's not the American can-do spirit that we've seen since the beginning of our nation.
There was money sent to help.....but, most of it went to the government rebuild.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:09 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Speeches like this one.
Obama on Immigration: 'We Should Be Making It Easier' | CNS News
The message he is sending is I will help you. I am with you. Many uneducated believe that the President is all powerful like the leaders from their own countries.
I agree with the President. We should be making it easier. For the best and the brightest. We should also be raising the bar for who we deem acceptable.
Actions like this one:
US activists hopeful about delayed deportation
Delaying indefinitely a deportation of an illegal. What message does this send? That even if caught, that even if ordered to be deported, you won't be. So come one come all.
This is part of Obama's spin machine. It is meant 100% to jerk at heart strings and justify his poor policies. What job has this woman taken from a legal citizen? How much has she and her children cost the tax payer since entering our country? She is a criminal, make no mistake about that. Like all criminals she has a sob story to justify her actions. In this case we don't know if she is telling the truth or if it is a complete lie. Obama will use her to further his agenda and distract from his failed border policies.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:42 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

"3rd world" ain't a race; it's a way of life. Black dudes taking care of business ain't 3rd world, hood rats are. Same thing for any other "race" of people.

Haiti and Dominican Republic are both "Black" countries but; the DR is so far ahead of Haiti it's just crazy. Too, both places are "Latin" based, Haiti is "French" and the DR is "Hispanic or Spanish" so the cultures are kinda sorta close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or