U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we let them stay because they are from a living hell?
Yes, they are refugees! 2 1.82%
In most cases, yes... 6 5.45%
NO! There are kids living in hellish conditions all over the world 102 92.73%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 PM

2,306 posts, read 3,274,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Would you stay someplace where you can't find work or collect welfare?
This would be when they turn to crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM

2,306 posts, read 3,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
When the government isn't compassionate and generous towards its own citizens I'm not sure why anyone with a clue would assume the government should be both towards foreigners
Exactly. Take care of us first.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This would be when they turn to crime.
They've already turned to crime. They have gangs (MS-13, for example). They drive drunk or drive without licenses or insurance, or all three. They engage in ID theft or use fake SSNs, both of which leave the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt. Not to mention many of them engage in welfare fraud.

If we make it impossible for them to find work or access any freebies and they turn to crime, then they go to jail and then get deported.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:12 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
65% of them have already been reunited with their families also here in the US
That ALSO scares me that they might get so comfortable with their families that they just end up living on the lam and not show up to their hearings. the gov't has already proved inept in dealing with even those who commit the least crimes.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:03 AM

2,002 posts, read 3,986,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It would be a bit tight for me to take on new family members but if you are in real need we can make room in the basement, i'd also have no problems having my taxes raised to help out the less fortunate or those in need through social programs.
I think people who want to help so bad like you should do it through non-profit organizations, red cross, or something like that in addition to volunteering. I don't think taxes should be raised, especially for this. Money sent overseas is enough and there are plenty of domestic issues to take care of first.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That ALSO scares me that they might get so comfortable with their families that they just end up living on the lam and not show up to their hearings. the gov't has already proved inept in dealing with even those who commit the least crimes.
Border patrol says that over 90% don't show up for their hearings after 15 days.
Yet they keep giving them these "permisos" and releasing them into society.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It would be a bit tight for me to take on new family members but if you are in real need we can make room in the basement, i'd also have no problems having my taxes raised to help out the less fortunate or those in need through social programs.
Yet medicare, social security and veteran's benefit funds are all in the red and the cry is to cut those programs.

You'd pay for taxes so that illegals are taken care of yet approve of cuts to programs for citizens.
Seems very anti-American to me.

But I guess that is the goal for the globalists.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:14 AM

2,002 posts, read 3,986,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, they shouldn't be allowed to stay. It just sends a signal for more to come. We don't need the added population depleting our resources. These so-called kids are near child bearing age and that just adds more population growth to our country down the road.
And then "oh, poor people, they should be DACA recipients!" and you will have those new permanent residents requesting GCs for the rest of their families. Again, this country has limited resources, many domestic issues already, and an aging population. Not the time to receive people that don't even get proper health screenings (And don't even get me started on the slap in the face received by legal immigrants... )

Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Border patrol says that over 90% don't show up for their hearings after 15 days.
Yet they keep giving them these "permisos" and releasing them into society.
I do not know anyone who went to their hearing.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:07 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,947,722 times
What most governments would do, would be to put bureaucrats at the border, tell the child immigrants to get in line A, and say to each immigrant, "please show your papers." Then, when the child immigrant says "I don't have any papers," the bureaucrat would say "please go to the end of line B." And the child immigrant would grow up in line B.

Does the USA have a shortage of bureaucrats or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or