Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we let them stay because they are from a living hell?
Yes, they are refugees! 2 1.82%
In most cases, yes... 6 5.45%
NO! There are kids living in hellish conditions all over the world 102 92.73%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times

Advertisements

And obvious adults with gray hair are saying they are 17.
Our government believes them and sets them free to "relatives".

Now they are trying to enter the public schools.

Adult Illegal Immigrants Posing as Children To Enroll in High School | National Review Online
Adult illegal immigrants posing as unaccompanied alien children appear to be attempting to enroll at public high schools, city officials in Lynn, Mass., tell National Review Online.

“Some of them have had gray hair and they’re telling you that they’re 17 years old and they have no documentation,” Jamie Cerulli, the Lynn mayor’s chief of staff, tells NRO. “If my children went to the public schools, I’d be very uncomfortable with all of these unaccompanied minors [that] are placed in the ninth grade.”
On one occasion that she’s aware of, Latham says a relative at one such residence identified an illegal immigrant “child” as between the ages of 30 and 35.

The school system has turned away a handful of people who appeared too old, Latham says, but she’s suspicious of a quite a few other cases.
Latham says any child that plans to attend Lynn Public Schools must make an appointment with the Parent Information Center and provide identification and residency information in order to be accepted and placed into one of the public schools. In one instance, an unaccompanied alien minor brought a warrant for his arrest to the center and provided it to center officials. The minor could not read the English-language document, and presented it to the officials, Latham says. After receiving the arrest warrant from the center, she notified police, and says the Department of Homeland Security became involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 05:58 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Census Bureau showed who is on welfare (all program).

Illegal immigrants use the most (via their kids)
Then comes legal immigrants.
Then comes US citizens.

And our social welfare programs cost us over $1 trillion a year and is growing at 20% annually.

We are literally importing poverty from around the world and enrolling them in welfare programs.
What an incredible and depressing truth.

"Importing Poverty"
- we all should be repeating this phrase every chance we get.

Thank you, HT.

(I am writing the WH, my Senators and Representative, our governor, my state representatives, and anyone else I can think of)

Old 07-11-2014, 06:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What an incredible and depressing truth.

"Importing Poverty"
- we all should be repeating this phrase every chance we get.

Thank you, HT.

(I am writing the WH, my Senators and Representative, our governor, my state representatives, and anyone else I can think of)
Thought I should paste a link.
It's pretty hard to get any current government data though.
Then again it might just be the "transparency issues" with this current administration.

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare | Judicial Watch
The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic (82 %), Mexico and Guatemala (75%) and Ecuador (70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents.

Here's the actual report:
Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 07-11-2014, 06:27 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,873,772 times
Deport and subtract the cost from the aid Programs. the US offers our southern door step. That would get there attention.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:57 PM

15,500 posts, read 10,444,305 times
"When immigrants landed at Ellis Island, they were checked for diseases, both physical and mental. Not all were allowed to stay. Many were put right back on the boat that brought them here."

Yep, and the company who owned the ship that brought them over here had to pay for their passage back.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times
Maybe we should follow Mexico's lead, and just scoot them along to Canada, let them deal with. We obviously can't.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,889,942 times
What's to stop the parents "left behind" from trying to claw their way into the US to look for the kids they allowed to hike hundreds of miles to get here ? Well, send them all back where they came from. They can all go live up in the green mountains of Peru, or something. We cannot save the world, and we do a pretty good job of screwing up our own country. Pack them into transport planes, and ship them out. Stop falling for the sob stories.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Pack them into transport planes, and ship them out.
Cannot do it until the 2008 law is changed. These people are from Central America. They are protected. Mexicans can be sent back immediately. Central Americans have a ton of rights.

Please read - all the details are here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/35613324-post17.html

Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 PM

393 posts, read 503,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Although I think those on welfare should be required to work most of the jobs that illegals are holding are jobs that non-lazy Americans held at one time but got undercut by this cheap, illegal labor. They need those jobs back.
The government could make the welfare people take those jobs or lose their checks!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
The government could make the welfare people take those jobs or lose their checks!
This is a great idea. It makes too much sense for our government to actually put it into practice though. I understand that a lot of illegals are allergic to most everything in the work place, including work itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration