U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I donít believe there is any group of people with a wider range of skin tones than Blacks in America. We come in EVERY shade -- from the darkest dark, to the whitest white; which is why folks should carefully choose their words when they encounter strangers. Things are not always as they seem. I am reminded of my aunt who was mistaken for being white by a stranger while sitting on a park bench. The stranger used some of the most repulsive language to express her opinion of blacks; never realizing she was speaking to a black person.
Flip side: most people with known Sub Saharan Black ancestry who have white skin tend to self identify as White these days------------especially factoring in they would be in danger if faced by militant Blacks who hate White folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I get pegged into secondary every time I come back from Mex but I don't mind it as I have a passport, DL and can answer any question the BP throws at me. I simply thank them for thoroughly doing their job.
Yeppers: the last few times I flew I got 'profiled' due to my appearance-------------oh well.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 AM

32,829 posts, read 30,110,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yeppers: the last few times I flew I got 'profiled' due to my appearance-------------oh well.
I look more Mexican than most Mexicans and if someone is being continually pulled over they are doing something extremely bizarre and making themselves stand out.

I drive to work in the hood too and I have never been singled out as some of the Pro-Illegals keep claiming.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 PM

291 posts, read 353,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is very easy to tell, unless you have lived a very sheltered life, and are very ignorant of what your suppose to be looking for.

New Order, the difference is, he has a Drivers License, something someone getting deported does not have.

And speaks english!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 16,149 times
Too bad this is occuring 40 years after the fact. 40 years late and 500 trillion dollars short.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 PM

435 posts, read 536,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
And speaks english!
There are Hispanic Americans that live in this country that do not speak English very well are they Illegal?

Old 02-20-2011, 02:26 AM

9 posts, read 3,370 times
well, i agree with most sides on of the immigrant arguement(not going to say wich ones as to now start ANOTHER fight) many people think puting MORE militery personal on the boarder would help.it WOULD help.but due to many being some where else,and posibly the cost of deplyment and wages and suplliesto keep it going.(not sure if it's that substanial) .some sugest digging a canyon/wallwith REALL,REALLY,big tunnel of concrete.and even a few demend militeristic action against the illegals/mexico. meaning such as raids on known illegal or an military force against mexico.other think of a repeal of the anchor babies,work visa,etc. and even the idea of puting the illegals into a military division and sending them to forign places as to earn there citshipment (and to send good people home).another sugestion ive heard is a meddlement in mexico.such as helping the police forces and the (cartel?) corupted goverment to become "uncorupt" (what ever way that may that may be).well soutlitions a stuff-load. think on what i came (thank google/bing mainly) for thing i have found. also if you can post a one/s you like or hate,or maybe come up with one youre self.

Last edited by thatguyoverthereisweird; 02-20-2011 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: meh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or