U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,606 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I understand, but like you said my friend, take care of yourself, and let karma take care of them

Be happy, because inner peace and happiness is the only thing that you really posses, and the only things that you can really control!

use the power of wisdom to stay away from those of wicketh nature, but don't hate them because that hate is just a reflection of the evil in you.

ॐ Shiva Mahadeva!!
Can't seem to stay away from the wicked in this group since there are so many. I am sure you know what I mean.

BTW, I don't hate and I am not evil but pro-illegal people are evil and show a hate toward their own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Can't seem to stay away from the wicked in this group since there are so many. I am sure you know what I mean.

BTW, I don't hate and I am not evil but pro-illegal people are evil and show a hate toward their own country.
Again with the name calling. Btw there is no such thing as pro-illegal, we are just pro- logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 06:38 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I have tried it and i can't find one but i found this for you

Illegal Latino immigrants do not cause a drag on the U.S. health care system as some critics have contended and in fact get less care than Latinos in the country legally, researchers said on Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/us_nm/immigrants_health_dc (broken link)
Guess what? They should be getting zero US health care because they shouldn't be here in the first place. And they most assuredly do 'cause a drag' on the US healthcare system. Just try telling any MD along the border that unreimbursed care for illegals does not put any stress on the healthcare system. They'll laugh in your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Guess what? They should be getting zero US health care because they shouldn't be here in the first place. And they most assuredly do 'cause a drag' on the US healthcare system. Just try telling any MD along the border that unreimbursed care for illegals does not put any stress on the healthcare system. They'll laugh in your face.
Then please post the facts to back it up. Why is it soo hard to produce studies,facts, research etc to back up claims? Because you say so i should believe you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then please post the facts to back it up. Why is it soo hard to produce studies,facts, research etc to back up claims? Because you say so i should believe you?
As a matter of fact..............maybe you should. I spent the longest 3 months of my entire life working in an extremely busy OB hospital in TX as part of my training. At the time I was there it had literally been overrun with illegal alien women giving birth to anchor babies. With the hapless US taxpayer left to pay the bill. Believe whatever you want.

Last edited by andreabeth; 12-19-2007 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 PM
 
1,149 posts, read 5,164,976 times
Reputation: 587
Bring the troops back from countries they should not be in the first place and let them defend the borders of USA.

"End Illegal Immigration
Ron Paul does not oppose legal immigration, nor a fair and innovative approach to receiving immigrants from other nations. He opposes a wide-open and undefended border which has resulted in over twenty million illegal immigrants entering the country, many who now overburden and compromise the quality of the state education and healthcare systems. He would end the subsidies that act as incentives to illegal immigration such as birthright citizenship. He would bring troops home to defend our borders and would adequately fund the program from money saved from having ended the wars and the “empire building”. He would restore reason and responsibility to federal immigration policy."
http://citizensforronpaul.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Guess what? They should be getting zero US health care because they shouldn't be here in the first place. And they most assuredly do 'cause a drag' on the US healthcare system. Just try telling any MD along the border that unreimbursed care for illegals does not put any stress on the healthcare system. They'll laugh in your face.
And I tend to believe you as well: and ex G/F of mine who was a paramedic in Southern Arizona about 10-15 years ago used to pick up pregnant women about to give birth who were here illegally by a payphone in Nogales, Az. about 500 ft from the actual border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
As a matter of fact..............maybe you should. I spent the longest 3 months of my entire life working in an extremely busy OB hospital in TX as part of my training. At the time I was there it had literally been overrun with illegal alien women giving birth to anchor babies. With the hapless US taxpayer left to pay the bill. Believe whatever you want.
Anybody can make up that story you just wrote. I need research and facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Anybody can make up that story you just wrote. I need research and facts.
It is a very fortunate thing that you are talking to me and not my husband.

Quote:
Jan 2007

AUSTIN — They work as maids and busboys. They build homes and highways. They bone chickens on the way to market.

They are worth billions of dollars to the Texas economy, but as members of the working poor they also are a drain of hundreds of millions of dollars from taxpayers.

They are the 1.4 million illegal immigrants that the federal government estimates live in Texas.

Half are divided evenly between the Dallas and Houston areas
, according to the Center for Immigration Studies, with an additional 20 percent in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Less than 5 percent live in the traditional Hispanic capital of Texas: San Antonio.

Their numbers in Texas grew by 270,000 in five years, and an estimated 70 percent of the 26,000 births at Houston and Dallas public hospitals in 2005 were to mothers who are undocumented immigrants. Unreimbursed care cost the Harris County Hospital District $97 million in 2005.

<snip>

Then-Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn recently issued a report saying illegal immigrants are worth at least $17.7 billion to the state's economy. She said the taxes they pay cover the cost of state services, but she also said they are a drain of about $929 million on local governments, mostly because of the costs associated with indigent health care.

Berman said he thinks Strayhorn's report seriously underestimates the cost of illegal immigrants to the state. Citing research by the conservative Lone Star Foundation, Berman said illegal immigrants cost the state $3.5 billion a year.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4440332.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then please post the facts to back it up. Why is it soo hard to produce studies,facts, research etc to back up claims? Because you say so i should believe you?
Did you read your own article?

Quote:
Illegal immigrants not U.S. health care burden: study

Mon Nov 26, 4:14 PM ET

Illegal Latino immigrants do not cause a drag on the U.S. health care system as some critics have contended and in fact get less care than Latinos in the country legally, researchers said on Monday.

Such immigrants tend not to have a regular doctor or other health-care provider yet do not visit emergency rooms -- often a last resort in such cases -- with any more frequency than Latinos born in the United States, according to the report from the University of California's School of Public Health.

The finding from Alexander Ortega and colleagues at the school was based on a 2003 telephone survey of thousands of California residents, including 1,317 undocumented Mexicans, 2,851 citizens with Mexican immigrant parents, 271 undocumented Latinos from countries other than Mexico and 852 non-Mexican Latinos born in the United States.

About 8.4 million of the 10.3 million illegal aliens in the United States are Latino, of which 5.9 million are from Mexico, the report said.

"One recurrent theme in the debate over immigration has been the use of public services, including health care," Ortega's team wrote in the Archives of Internal Medicine.

"Proponents of restrictive policies have argued that immigrants overuse services, placing an unreasonable burden on the public. Despite a scarcity of well-designed research ... use of resources continues to be a part of the public debate," they said.

The researchers said illegal Mexican immigrants had 1.6 fewer visits to doctors over the course of a year than people born in the country to Mexican immigrants. Other undocumented Latinos had 2.1 fewer physician visits than their U.S.-born counterparts, they said.

"Low rates of use of health-care services by Mexican immigrants and similar trends among other Latinos do not support public concern about immigrants' overuse of the health care system," the researchers wrote.

"Undocumented individuals demonstrate less use of health care than U.S.-born citizens and have more negative experiences with the health care that they have received," they said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/us_nm/immigrants_health_dc&printer=1;_ylt=AguCfxkPXXJq_c xM9Ux_AOkXIr0F (broken link)

OK!.............so this 'study' which claims to prove that illegal aliens are not a burden to the US health care system is based on a telephone survey of random citizens of CA? Did anyone at any point consider looking at actual hospital data re: care provided to illegal aliens? Apparently not. I guess that if the phoned illegal alien said, "Nope, we have never been to the ER" (having just pulled into the driveway from their latest ER visit), that was good enough for Alexander Ortega and his fellow researchers. What a hoot!

I am pleased to know that you have based your opinion that illegals are not a burden to the US healthcare system on such stellar research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top