Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 PM

439 posts, read 616,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I don't either since I am brown and of Mexican descent but I would be more than willing to fight the illegals and those that love them.

You will not have the chance they will deport you because you look Illegal. You are brown and Mexican thats good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
It is very easy to tell, unless you have lived a very sheltered life, and are very ignorant of what your suppose to be looking for.

New Order, the difference is, he has a Drivers License, something someone getting deported does not have.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM

439 posts, read 616,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is very easy to tell, unless you have lived a very sheltered life, and are very ignorant of what your suppose to be looking for.

New Order, the difference is, he has a Drivers License, something someone getting deported does not have.
So having a drivers licence makes you legal? I know some Hispanics that don't drive and are Americans.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 PM

14 posts, read 12,618 times
Wait I thought some states allowed illegals to get a license? I guess this means the possibility of all Hispanics getting deported.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
You will not have the chance they will deport you because you look Illegal. You are brown and Mexican thats good enough.

You are so full of BS, it is coming out of your keyboard now. That won't happen because I speak English and I can prove I am a citizen, especially since I have a passport. Stop trying to come up with excuses.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
A good friend of mine is Hispanic, his grandparents immigrated legally from Mexico decades ago. He barely even speaks Spanish. He is harassed a few times a year by police in cities like Irving and Farmer's Branch in the DFW area for the crime of "DWH", or "Driving While Hispanic."

But he does not assume they are racist even though he knows they are profiling him. He is not angry at them. He is angry at the illegal hordes who have created this atmosphere. He says this only started to happen in the last few years, before that nobody ever bothered him.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, I am brown of African descent, and I will gladly join you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
There ya go! All of us brown people will defend this country by any means necessary and fix it too.
And; I am a 'White Boy' who will be right alongside you guys

Us American 'raza' come in all colors.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
FYI: not all 'brown' people are Hispanic.

My next door neighbors are Navajo Indians and can definitely pass for Latino---------much to their disgust.

I have met a few Anglos who get mistaken for stereotypical Mexican a lot as well.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

My next door neighbors are Navajo Indians and can definitely pass for Latino---------much to their disgust.

I have met a few Anglos who get mistaken for stereotypical Mexican a lot as well.
I don’t believe there is any group of people with a wider range of skin tones than Blacks in America. We come in EVERY shade -- from the darkest dark, to the whitest white; which is why folks should carefully choose their words when they encounter strangers. Things are not always as they seem. I am reminded of my aunt who was mistaken for being white by a stranger while sitting on a park bench. The stranger used some of the most repulsive language to express her opinion of blacks; never realizing she was speaking to a black person.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

I get pegged into secondary every time I come back from Mex but I don't mind it as I have a passport, DL and can answer any question the BP throws at me. I simply thank them for thoroughly doing their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration