Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wish your last sentence were true but the polls, marches, advocacy groups prove the opposite.
You won't find me or any of my family members voting for amnesty.

I also believe that Hispanics who have been in this country for a few or more generations don't like illegals either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You won't find me or any of my family members voting for amnesty.

I also believe that Hispanics who have been in this country for a few or more generations don't like illegals either.
It's true that some Hispanics aren't for amnesty or aren't pro-illegal but the fact still remains that the majority of them are. I wish that weren't true I really do. Thank you for not being one of them and being a patriotic American.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Thank you, Oldglory.

We have neighbors who are legal immigrants from South America and they hate illegals. The wife told me that there is no excuse for illegals to not learn English.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Ever heard of the hispanic community? It's sort of a big issue for them and they've tended to vote one way lately for some reason.
This argument can be used for any group. Gays vote for Democrats for gay rights, gun lovers vote for Republicans for gun rights, evangelical Christians vote for Republicans for social issues, Union members vote for Democrats for Union rights etc. Most Americans vote for what is best for them personally and not necessarily what is best for the whole country (depending on the issue). Both sides do this.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
This argument can be used for any group. Gays vote for Democrats for gay rights, gun lovers vote for Republicans for gun rights, evangelical Christians vote for Republicans for social issues, Union members vote for Democrats for Union rights etc. Most Americans vote for what is best for them personally and not necessarily what is best for the whole country (depending on the issue). Both sides do this.
Agreed.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Will illegal immigration determine the 2016 Presidential election?
Considering that both political parties are not really doing anything about illegal immigration, I think it should have no impact on the outcome. However, what will make an impact is how people perceive each party is handling illegal immigration.

[who puts on a better dog and pony show?]

Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Considering that both political parties are not really doing anything about illegal immigration, I think it should have no impact on the outcome. However, what will make an impact is how people perceive each party is handling illegal immigration.

[who puts on a better dog and pony show?]

Well I will tell you this. Our good friends who do live in Murrieta, in a gorgeous custom home on 2 acres. And had to put up with the most hellish week ever.

Hold no person responsible except for Obama, who in their opinion, never lived up to his end of the bargain, as what he said in 0/9 and 0/10. That he would see to it that our borders would become secure and border city's would become safe. Yes he did say that, because I taped him saying this and have him on tape.

Perhaps I should send him a copy of that tape, just saying to refresh his memory.

Forget past, this is here and now, and things were never so out of control like now. He has made them feel more welcome, and the welcome machine from him is out.

He has not been tougher on this issue, make these people feel they will get amnesty and live the American dream and they will come in groves.

They hold him responsible, and they were die hard democrats, no more. They are fed the hell up with him and this administration and feel let down by our government.

When these things happen and hit so close to home, you change, and that is what happened to this couple.

Some of those illegals had scabies, and other diseases. Which do not need to be spread, and some of the teens were actually men pawned off as teens. Just not a good situation, Our Country has it's own share of problems, with the black race, and high unemployment, our poor, our homeless those on welfare, our vets, and one gosh damn marine in Mexico, that he can't get out of jail. We need to step it up with Mexico, and get tougher with them.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
I don't believe that most "patriotic" Americans advocate for something that is a detriment to this nation as a whole and in fact is a detriment to themselves personally also. Illegal immigration is a negative to us all and we don't get to vote on this issue.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well I will tell you this. Our good friends who do live in Murrieta, in a gorgeous custom home on 2 acres. And had to put up with the most hellish week ever.

Hold no person responsible except for Obama, who in their opinion, never lived up to his end of the bargain, as what he said in 0/9 and 0/10. That he would see to it that our borders would become secure and border city's would become safe. Yes he did say that, because I taped him saying this and have him on tape.

Perhaps I should send him a copy of that tape, just saying to refresh his memory.

Forget past, this is here and now, and things were never so out of control like now. He has made them feel more welcome, and the welcome machine from him is out.

He has not been tougher on this issue, make these people feel they will get amnesty and live the American dream and they will come in groves.

They hold him responsible, and they were die hard democrats, no more. They are fed the hell up with him and this administration and feel let down by our government.

When these things happen and hit so close to home, you change, and that is what happened to this couple.

Some of those illegals had scabies, and other diseases. Which do not need to be spread, and some of the teens were actually men pawned off as teens. Just not a good situation, Our Country has it's own share of problems, with the black race, and high unemployment, our poor, our homeless those on welfare, our vets, and one gosh damn marine in Mexico, that he can't get out of jail. We need to step it up with Mexico, and get tougher with them.
That is just horrible.

The USA can not guard our borders....very telling.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Indeed they do. The Democrats have bought a whole lot of votes by giving away food stamps at a record rate, giving away free Obamaphones, giving away subsidies to Obamacare, making special carveouts to Obamacare, giving women access to abortions and contraceptives. This border situation is simply another way the Democrats have discovered to grow future entitlement dependency through amnesty. The attack on Christianity is an all out effort on the Democrats to promote gay rights, abortion, and contraceptives. A large part of this vote buying is on the taxpayer dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration