U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
What an even-keeled logical response. Historically, we would NEVER have allowed any group of refugees in without "processing" them first - including health screenings. It's amazing that groups of these illegals were bussed/flown in, then immediately flown all around the US. This is medically speaking, irresponsible, at best...with the potential of spreading a variety of diseases (including treatment-resistant TB at worst...).

"O" can, via executive order, turn these people away and send them back...can't he? Well, that's what needs to be done, for the very protection of our own citizens!

Now, I'm NOT saying this is happening...but IF, and what IF the IS terrorists (or Al Qaeda, etc.) are behind this? And sent multi-infected kids in to the US? Resistant TB, even up to anthrax-laden backpacks? Just sayin...nothing is beyond these guys these days. It could be a "dry run"....

~Dandi
Dandi, your concerns are absolutely well intended and correct....what most people do not understand, is from our open boarders is How the Terrorists got in and continue to do so, common sense tells you that.

I don't understand, how America can be so blind...and I'll state this once again....(Gosh, I've said this so often, yet no one seems to understand) after 911 happened, I tried to conceive any good that could have come out of that...I thought, now, finally they will close down our boarders, and re-establish our immigration system, one that works....but, to no avail, they didn't and I was actually shocked, not only that they didn't but that tons of other Americans didn't conceive that this should be done? It was like, what planet am I living on? Honestly, what has happened to common sense?

why is it we don't become concered until it happens to us...what caused that kind of break down in human knowledge and emotion? Self worth is only valuable, when it is shared by many....in other words, when you fail, I fail, and my whole family fails....when you win, I win and my entire family wins....when did we loose that concept....when did we forget that our decissions, and the way we act, the way we speak, we all can either compliment or hurt others.

remember Bill Cosby saying, "if you do wrong, it reflects on your parents!" Welll it does...we all represent each other...if I do a bad job, that reflects on my boss....well, our Presidents have been doing a bad job for years now, and it has relected on us to the point of a great breakdown of a once great power....the United States of America.

And this all goes into play with what is happening now within this discussion....it has to otherwise, we will be lost forever....b/c our country is being taken over....

The terrorists are here, my girlfriends son, worked on Homeland Security....they have camps here in the U.S. that is truth!!!!

We've got to stop this, and stop it now, b/c 911 was nothing compared to what could happen to us and this country.

They want this land....they are coming in in droves....ignoring our laws....actually our whole governmental system should be held accountable for breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The very same type of speculation was talked about the Haitian boat people in Miami.
There's no way those rickety rafts/rowboats made it all the way from Haiti.
Speculation was that freighters/tankers brought them to the 3 mile line and set them off to shore from there.
yes, I agree....totally and this is true....

Old 07-08-2014, 09:13 AM

673 posts, read 552,010 times
Thumbs down The culture of responsibiity is lost....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Dandi, your concerns are absolutely well intended and correct....what most people do not understand, is from our open boarders is How the Terrorists got in and continue to do so, common sense tells you that.

I don't understand, how America can be so blind...and I'll state this once again....(Gosh, I've said this so often, yet no one seems to understand) after 911 happened, I tried to conceive any good that could have come out of that...I thought, now, finally they will close down our boarders, and re-establish our immigration system, one that works....but, to no avail, they didn't and I was actually shocked, not only that they didn't but that tons of other Americans didn't conceive that this should be done? It was like, what planet am I living on? Honestly, what has happened to common sense?

why is it we don't become concered until it happens to us...what caused that kind of break down in human knowledge and emotion? Self worth is only valuable, when it is shared by many....in other words, when you fail, I fail, and my whole family fails....when you win, I win and my entire family wins....when did we loose that concept....when did we forget that our decissions, and the way we act, the way we speak, we all can either compliment or hurt others.

remember Bill Cosby saying, "if you do wrong, it reflects on your parents!" Welll it does...we all represent each other...if I do a bad job, that reflects on my boss....well, our Presidents have been doing a bad job for years now, and it has relected on us to the point of a great breakdown of a once great power....the United States of America.

And this all goes into play with what is happening now within this discussion....it has to otherwise, we will be lost forever....b/c our country is being taken over....

The terrorists are here, my girlfriends son, worked on Homeland Security....they have camps here in the U.S. that is truth!!!!

We've got to stop this, and stop it now, b/c 911 was nothing compared to what could happen to us and this country.

They want this land....they are coming in in droves....ignoring our laws....actually our whole governmental system should be held accountable for breaking our laws.
I, too, am entirely perplexed. Closing our borders would have been the first thing to do.
You bring up some very good points - unfortunately, our culture has declined to one of "me first, and right now!" - it's the "instantaneous gratification" rendered by the technology industry. Psychologists have studied this, and noted the effect, especially on teen boys.

We are now a "dumbed-down" culture...just question the typical young person...under 30??? The lack of knowledge and work-ethic that was prized by our parents and their grandparents is lost. They don't keep up with current affairs...that is, unless it's about Hollywood or the latest "it" girl.

The sense of community is lost....look at the coming-together of the citizens at home during WWII- do you think such mutual support could happen today? I don't think so.

Part of the problem is our education program...we've lost so many courses on current events, civics, and other subjects to the detriment of our youth.

Oh yes...regarding the terrorists...about 4 years ago, I read a gov't publication that said over "20,000" terrorist "sleeper cells" have come up through South Texas, and planted themselves all over the country.

There are people who will doubt this number. For heaven sakes, on the news last night, it was estimated that the IS (changed its name from ISIS), just garnered "10,000" supporters in the past week, ALONE!!!

So, to those who say "radical muslims" make up just a tiny portion of all muslims, educate yourselves!!!

Anyway, great post, as usual, Cremebrulee!
~Dandi

Old 07-08-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I, too, am entirely perplexed. Closing our borders would have been the first thing to do.
You bring up some very good points - unfortunately, our culture has declined to one of "me first, and right now!" - it's the "instantaneous gratification" rendered by the technology industry. Psychologists have studied this, and noted the effect, especially on teen boys.

We are now a "dumbed-down" culture...just question the typical young person...under 30??? The lack of knowledge and work-ethic that was prized by our parents and their grandparents is lost. They don't keep up with current affairs...that is, unless it's about Hollywood or the latest "it" girl.

The sense of community is lost....look at the coming-together of the citizens at home during WWII- do you think such mutual support could happen today? I don't think so.

Part of the problem is our education program...we've lost so many courses on current events, civics, and other subjects to the detriment of our youth.

Oh yes...regarding the terrorists...about 4 years ago, I read a gov't publication that said over "20,000" terrorist "sleeper cells" have come up through South Texas, and planted themselves all over the country.

There are people who will doubt this number. For heaven sakes, on the news last night, it was estimated that the IS (changed its name from ISIS), just garnered "10,000" supporters in the past week, ALONE!!!

So, to those who say "radical muslims" make up just a tiny portion of all muslims, educate yourselves!!!

Anyway, great post, as usual, Cremebrulee!
~Dandi
If I could give you 100 reps I would, you get it....
the moment you start bending laws, is the moment you erode a country....and our law makers and lawyers have been doing this for years....we didn't just get here under the Obama Administration, it's been going on for many many years.....under many Presidents...man is human, and led by greed...and unfortunately we have not learned a thing from history....

Just to prove a point, I'm 65 years old...but, when I was back in junior high school, one of our teachers explained to us about how terrorists operate.

He said, they are a very very extremly patient people....and they will wait years and years for results....they are breeding now as we speak, this henous religion that believes in killing women and children for the sake of religious beliefs. They have been told to infiltrate our country, and pretend to be like us, to smile, to party with us, to obtain jobs, to infiltrate our politics and it is happening now....
Now how many years ago was I in Junior High, and way back then our 9th gread teacher knew this....and why did America allow it? Way back then we were the strongest power in the world, the greatest nation in the world, no more. We have not progressed, we've regressed.

And people thumb their noses at conspiracies, well, let me tell you, the greatest way to take over a nation is thru conspiracy....look at what Hitler did....
he knew if people became hungry enough, both physically and mentally, they'd follow anyone, and that is happening to us right now....our nation cannot logically take care of all these illegals....it is in fact breaking us....

Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 AM

673 posts, read 552,010 times
Default Thoughtful discussions

Quote:
If I could give you 100 reps I would, you get it....
the moment you start bending laws, is the moment you erode a country....and our law makers and lawyers have been doing this for years....we didn't just get here under the Obama Administration, it's been going on for many many years.....under many Presidents...man is human, and led by greed...and unfortunately we have not learned a thing from history....

Hey, I was thinking the same about you - what VERY thoughtful, and though-provoking, logical posts. I've LOVE more of this type of discussion. Great post!
~Dandi

Old 07-08-2014, 11:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 5,444,262 times
Quote:
yes, so would I, what bothers me is people were protesting a bus of illegals coming in, and police arrested the protesters? MY God, what is happening to this country.....
when laws are no longer laws.
The police arrested a few protestors...not all. And it wasn't for protesting, if they were then all of the protestors would have been arrested. Calm down.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The police arrested a few protestors...not all. And it wasn't for protesting, if they were then all of the protestors would have been arrested. Calm down.
LOL, the last thing you tell someone is "calm down", especially when they are not exited.....

anyway, I saw that on the news, and am wondering why and if it is true.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:27 PM

409 posts, read 400,108 times
It is time for action to stop this. Anything less is NOT acceptable.
As another 300,000 are en route to our border.
http://weaselzippers.us/192522-report-300000-central-american-immigrants

Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
http://weaselzippers.us/192522-report-300000-central-american-immigrants
Ugh. Thanks Obama.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
http://weaselzippers.us/192522-repor...can-immigrants
this is exactly what they said would happen if amnesty were given....I swear, and these people went to college?

and what is worse, you (not you Emanon) want another 4 years of this with Hillary after 2016? Unbelievable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration