U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 06:51 AM

673 posts, read 552,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This will never be fixed by either party in government unless THE PEOPLE demand it in large enough numbers
The protesters in Murrieta are already being demonized. We need to stand up as AMERICANS, not as liberals or conservatives, and demand both parties stop this invasion and close our borders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
But as long as we continue to invite them in, more will come, sad as that is. This situation is not going to get better but only worse. How many cities will be effected that we do not know of yet.

This situation is going to get out of control, and pit supporters of and those against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The police arrested a few protestors...not all. And it wasn't for protesting, if they were then all of the protestors would have been arrested. Calm down.

--Yes, the first 2 posters are correct...we DO need to involve both parties to STOP the invasion. Also, "O" just deported ONLY about 1000 or so illegals in 2011 (Bush deported over 8,000 in his last year as prez.)

---It IS getting worse, as MORE illegals are expected to be on their way right now. (see post below).

---Fitzy24, what about the news about the Feds being sent to Murietta, CA, to arrest and attack the protesters, just because they are exercising their right to protest??? Oh, yeah, "O"'s big EGO can't accept any dissent to his plan...that's why! A few were arrested??? Shouldn't THAT even bother you? What would YOU do about the illegals breaking our laws? The gang members "slipping in"? The huge cost to you and me to care for these criminals? Doesn't ANY of that concern you???

---It's been reported (see my thread on the news) that the cartels and possibly, the terrorists are involved. This may have been a "dry run" to see who they could get to "slip in" past our border agents. So far, some gang members have been identified, but allowed in anyway!!!

---The president has blatantly broken the law, or at best, is not enforcing them. Both are wrong, in my book!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
It is time for action to stop this. Anything less is NOT acceptable.
As another 300,000 are en route to our border.
http://weaselzippers.us/192522-repor...can-immigrants
---Agreed!!!

"that has nothing to do with blame, or which party is right or wrong, it has to do with we the people making sure that the people we appoint are going to follow our laws to the letter...which has not been done for years and years." - Cremebrulee

---Very true words....Amen!!!!

~ Dandi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:20 PM

2,586 posts, read 1,742,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This will never be fixed by either party in government unless THE PEOPLE demand it in large enough numbers
The protesters in Murrieta are already being demonized. We need to stand up as AMERICANS, not as liberals or conservatives, and demand both parties stop this invasion and close our borders.
The protesters I seen on tv looked mean. I remember one particular blonde woman who was screaming at those bus loads of little kids at the top of her voice and in a hateful tone " GO HOME!!! WE DONT WANT YOU HEAR!!! GO BACK!!!". She had the most hateful look on her face and screaming at those kids. I bet those kids was scared to death, terrorized. I cannot imagine anybody, especially a woman taking time out of her day to go and protest a bus load of little kids in such a hateful way and to their faces. That woman and the rest of those protestors were not a good representative of the town Murietta. They made the town look bad.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:45 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The protesters I seen on tv looked mean. I remember one particular blonde woman who was screaming at those bus loads of little kids at the top of her voice and in a hateful tone " GO HOME!!! WE DONT WANT YOU HEAR!!! GO BACK!!!". She had the most hateful look on her face and screaming at those kids. I bet those kids was scared to death, terrorized. I cannot imagine anybody, especially a woman taking time out of her day to go and protest a bus load of little kids in such a hateful way and to their faces. That woman and the rest of those protestors were not a good representative of the town Murietta. They made the town look bad.
Uh; those "kids" had help from adults to crossing through Mexico ILLEGALLY to get to the US ILLEGALLY. It's on those adults and, word is most of those "kids" are teenagers, NOT little ones of grade school age.

Lock them up and send them ALL home with all of their illegal families.

Too; la raza with THEIR screaming for amnesty is much worse where copping an attitude is happening.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 PM

183 posts, read 158,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well maybe that's what we need to bring this thing to a head. I just hope it doesn't turn violent.
Violence is what I think our country needs to do. Simple protesting and marching has been happening for some time and nothing has come out of it. There are probably a hundred websites like this one where people fed up with Obama and our governments inaction towards the invasion from 3rd world countries have posted their disgust and anger. Nothing get done. Our government just doesn't care what the people feel about what is happening to our country.

We see other countries protesting in a violent way, burning cars, throwing rocks, molotov cocktails, confronting the authoritative government forces. This is what gets attention. Maybe we should give it a try. What have we got to lose besides America.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:15 AM

1,701 posts, read 884,129 times
Quote:

How would you feel if they dumped a bus load of "children" (up to age 21 and some of them in fact are older) in your neighborhood and let them remain there for several months? Who do you think is going to pick up the tab for sheltering, feeding and clothing these "children"? Most of them had a parent with them and many didn't get a medical exam and were carrying scabies, lice and probably crabs and there is the possibility that they had communicable diseases.

The people of Murietta are looking to save their town and they don't want the burden of paying to take care of these illegals. They don't want their town to turn into a ghetto.

Why don't you get the neighbors together and get in touch with HLS and volunteer to take 1,000 of them into your community? Better yet, why don't you take in one of these "children" yourself and get your neighbors to do the same? You can be responsible for their well being.

BTW, it is "HERE", not "HEAR"

Old 07-30-2014, 11:15 AM

31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Little kids? Um, from what I have read most of them weren't kids. The so-called kids stayed on the bus so I doubt they heard much of anything. Nothing hateful about objecting to thousands of non-citizen kids here being shoved on our neighborhoods to pay for in our communities. I'd say the citizens of Murietta were acting in a patriotic way.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:41 AM

1,938 posts, read 2,735,856 times
Updates from California:

Our "Mexican migrant" (we don't use the word illegal anymore here) that was diagnosed with drug-resistant TB last March in Northern California and refused to be treated (interfered with his drug activities)--he's finally been found in Southern California. They had to get a court order and he will now sit in taxpayer-funded jail for the entire 9 months of the drug treatment. No way of knowing how many people were exposed/infected between March and now.

Our high school seems to have finally gotten a handle on the TB cases started by the "new" student in February. We only ended up with 124 students with TB. That we know of--the school still has hundreds of students that haven't been tested yet.

I wonder if that "lady that looked mean" that was yelling at the bus was maybe just trying to keep her kids safe.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:44 PM

14,295 posts, read 7,431,767 times
This has to be a boon for immigtration attorneys..Stop them at the border, problem solved. Message sent.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Updates from California:

Our "Mexican migrant" (we don't use the word illegal anymore here) that was diagnosed with drug-resistant TB last March in Northern California and refused to be treated (interfered with his drug activities)--he's finally been found in Southern California. They had to get a court order and he will now sit in taxpayer-funded jail for the entire 9 months of the drug treatment. No way of knowing how many people were exposed/infected between March and now.

Our high school seems to have finally gotten a handle on the TB cases started by the "new" student in February. We only ended up with 124 students with TB. That we know of--the school still has hundreds of students that haven't been tested yet.

I wonder if that "lady that looked mean" that was yelling at the bus was maybe just trying to keep her kids safe.
Yanno, when they make arrests, or some kind of disease is started like this in a school, the media does not report that they are illegals, and they should start doing that, b/c it seems like they are a huge root of our problems....

Old 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Little kids? Um, from what I have read most of them weren't kids. The so-called kids stayed on the bus so I doubt they heard much of anything. Nothing hateful about objecting to thousands of non-citizen kids here being shoved on our neighborhoods to pay for in our communities. I'd say the citizens of Murietta were acting in a patriotic way.
well a New Jersey Radio Station keeps reporting that 1,500 of those kids were transported there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration