Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 03:54 PM

183 posts, read 192,817 times

Advertisements

The city of Los Angeles announced Monday that it will no longer honor requests from federal immigration officials to detain undocumented immigrants for possible deportation without either a court order or arrest warrant, citing constitutional concerns raised by recent court decisions.

LAPD to Halt Detention of Undocumented Immigrants at Request of ICE - NBC News

So if as a US citizen I commit a crime (or am a suspect), I'll be detained and appear before a judge. If I'm not in the US legally, I'll be set free. Guess I know what to tell the officer next time I'm detained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 04:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
We used to be a land of laws that were followed and upheld.

Bye-bye America as we once knew it

Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 PM

409 posts, read 511,867 times
Mindless mess that spends billions of tax dollars for NOTHING but increased criminality.

Legal American citizens who pay all these taxes gain absolutely NOTHING from any of this lawlessness and illegal immigration nurtured by federal policies.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:31 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Sloppy journalism by NBC . The headline makes it sound like ICE requested LAPD stop detaining illegals. That's not true. A federal judge in Oregon said it was a violation of the illegals 4th amendment rights (you're kidding right?) to detain them.

LAPD and that sad excuse for a police chief Charlie Beck made the decision to ignore ICE's request to detain these intruders.

They also cited that waste of a attorney general Kamala (I'll enforce whatever laws I please) Harris.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 PM

183 posts, read 192,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Sloppy journalism by NBC . The headline makes it sound like ICE requested LAPD stop detaining illegals. That's not true. A federal judge in Oregon said it was a violation of the illegals 4th amendment rights (you're kidding right?) to detain them.

LAPD and that sad excuse for a police chief Charlie Beck made the decision to ignore ICE's request to detain these intruders.

They also cited that waste of a attorney general Kamala (I'll enforce whatever laws I please) Harris.
It is sad to think that an illegal alien, swimming across the river, taking one foot step onto America soil, suddenly has constitutional rights the same as an American citizen.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:23 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
The city of Los Angeles announced Monday that it will no longer honor requests from federal immigration officials to detain undocumented immigrants for possible deportation without either a court order or arrest warrant, citing constitutional concerns raised by recent court decisions.

LAPD to Halt Detention of Undocumented Immigrants at Request of ICE - NBC News

So if as a US citizen I commit a crime (or am a suspect), I'll be detained and appear before a judge. If I'm not in the US legally, I'll be set free. Guess I know what to tell the officer next time I'm detained.
Garcetti is such a wimp. Can no politician stand up for what's right anymore?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Garcetti is such a wimp. Can no politician stand up for what's right anymore?
No and the dbags will label those against illegal immigation as racist, when the opposite shows the truth . It's all the pro illegal crowd has in their arsenal, nothing but lies.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
No and the dbags will label those against illegal immigation as racist, when the opposite shows the truth . It's all the pro illegal crowd has in their arsenal, nothing but lies.
Agreed and the "race card" ain't working real well in 2014 against us who DON'T want illegal aliens in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration