U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2014, 08:51 AM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Reputation: 2449

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Letting private volunteers house these people is the way to do it....and let them be responsible for them....100%.

Deputized trained volunteers and deploy the National Guard. The Guard is perfect for this role. I know, because I as a retired Guardsman we were trained for such missions. I do not mean combat role either.

Guard unites work with Border patrol advisors does very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 AM
 
Location: East Coast
673 posts, read 554,002 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
The reports that have caused me a great deal of concern are the ones listed here about possible jihadis and MS-13 gang members coming through.

One report stated that workers at the detention centers started noticing MS-13 graffiti on the walls. Upon interviewing some of the teenagers, they admitted to torturing and murdering people before coming here. Why they would actually admit this I'm not sure. But, they are now trying to recruit other youth in the detention centers.

What normal country allows this chaos to continue?
But, isn't that the complaint? We are NOT "normal" anymore...we are NOT "America" anymore...we are a shell of our former self!!! I'm very disappointed and sad to say that we have "allowed" "O" to destroy our country! We cannot allow this anymore!!!

Can you please post your source for those others who doubt?? (I, too, saw this, btw.)
*** These gang members admitted committing murder! Why didn't they put these "kids" in jail immediately? This so-called "kids" are being put in with the true young ones...who the h*ll is the bright guy who did this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Deputized trained volunteers. Plus the National Guard. We need to use the tools at hand.
-OK, GET THE WORD OUT!!! I'd also post cameras every 50 yards along the border, and have us citizens monitor them, and get the word out to the border patrol to investigate and turn around the illegals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Deputized trained volunteers and deploy the National Guard. The Guard is perfect for this role. I know, because I as a retired Guardsman we were trained for such missions. I do not mean combat role either.

Guard unites work with Border patrol advisors does very well.
Another great post, as above...let's do it! I'm sure there are also retired soldiers willing to lend a hand, mercenaries, bounty hunters, and even well-trained citizens. I'd be willing to "man" a vehicle driving guardsmen and the like up and down the border, and do whatever I could to help.

Can you guys organize your buds and former co-workers to go down there? Post ads on forums? Get the word out there?

Thanks for the news!!! Keep on posting, and don't forget your sources!!!!

~Dandi

Breaking News:

I'm watching CNN at 10:10 to 10:30 EST. Finally, there are some news and journalists at the border and in Texas reporting on this crisis. (From CNN) - Some quotes of note:

Dana Bash, CNN reporter, commented that Henry Cuellar, (A Democrat, who is a U.S Representative for Texas's 28th Congressional district, serving since 2005) is questioning and fighting against "O"'s request for money to "throw" at the border crisis.
He said, and I quote,
" We can't just trust the President" , when asked if he would support the $3.7 Billion dollars "O" asked for to "handle" the crisis. He said this problem has been "developing for over a year" now, and "O" has not addressed it until now. "What exactly" is the money to be used for?

He also said:

"Congressman Henry Cuellar says 48,000 illegal immigrants were arrested in the month of May.
He says deportations need to be done more quickly to stem the tide.
"[Until] we send the message that we are going to remove mothers and kids, and I know that sounds harsh, but we do that with Mexicans right now under the law," Rep. Henry Cuellar said, "The law just says we can do the expedited removal for Mexicans but we're not doing that for central Americans and other countries. We need to change that law so we can have more immediate deportation."

Folks, now THIS is from an educated Democrat, who KNOWS what is going on, as he LIVES down there and SEES what actually is going on!!!

____+++++++________+++++++

Finally, SOME reporting from CNN. However, they STILL skirt the other very important issues of the gang members squeezing through, the public health crisis, and finally, the COST of caring for these "kids" if they stay for both a few years, or for the rest of their lives.

WHEN do we stop taking in ALL of the world's poor? criminals? and those terrorists intended on bringing us down???

PLEASE post what you are seeing...perhaps in real time? Thanks!

~Dandiday

here are some more, great viewpoints about illegal immigration. the young man makes a great point that we can't take in "6 more kids" if you "can't take of your own"!!! The attractive young lady apparently is very well-informed, and talks about the cost of caring for these illegal kids and other illegals is just "not possible, given our National Debt." Finally!!!

Video: Black protesters confront pro-Illegal immigrant supporters with raw passion - BizPac Review


Comments?

Last edited by Yac; 07-10-2014 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 05:16 PM
 
156 posts, read 112,138 times
Reputation: 128
Sure wish the MSM were doing their jobs.


https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...mbers-n1860014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,603,270 times
Reputation: 15599
After reading articles, I usually scan the comments. Since border officials are being censored, sometimes someone with firsthand knowledge leaks some info as to what is actually happening. I came across this one from a border official responding to this article Breitbart Texas Involved in Car Chase and Capture of 20 Smuggled Illegal Immigrants

'I encountered a female subject while on duty one day and ran her information. (actually gave me the correct name and DOB) She had a warrant for her immediate deportation. I detained her and sent off to ICE for the confirmation and for them to pick her up. Well, while waiting for confirmation, I received a call on my cell from ICE. They asked all the standard questions, they asked does she have a child with her and I replied yes an 8 year old girl but her grandma and another lady were in the car as well. ICE immediately said we can't deport her, she has a child with her....I asked if he was kidding and he said no. I had no further action to take. She walked away. If the feds would swear state and local police in to enforce immigration laws, it would take no time at all.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM
 
11,577 posts, read 5,555,146 times
Reputation: 9910
For years, volunteers who clean up trash that illegals have dumped on fragile desert eco-systems have been reporting that in this trash they have found Korans, prayer rugs and diaries written in Arabic. One diary, several years back, was turned over to the FBI who said, after looking at it, that it was someone's personal diary that chronicled their trip sneaking into this country. One woman, who lives near the border in AZ, left the door to her home unlocked since she was at home at the time. She went into her kitchen and found several Iranians crowded in there.

People who live on land that abuts the border have reported illegals who have torched their storage sheds and killed their dogs.

Despite all these stories, the lamestream media refuses to cover them and our government refuses to secure the border.

The lamestream media is now worthless. About 20 years ago, 60 Minutes did a story about Americans who worked in IT being displaced by Indians on H1-Bs. The story exposed how these Americans were expected to train their replacements. If they refused, they were denied any severance pay. Fast forward to today---60 Minutes would never go near a story like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Reputation: 27524
The Fed has an agenda. DHS is blocking any attempts to see these facilities and has closed off all local roads down at the border.
DHS has pretty much taken over and ICE is right alongside doing absolutely nothing.

Border Patrol is taking their orders from DHS. And the Border Patrol don't seem too happy about this coverup.


Where's Janet.."Our borders have never been more secure" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Reputation: 27524
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
For years, volunteers who clean up trash that illegals have dumped on fragile desert eco-systems have been reporting that in this trash they have found Korans, prayer rugs and diaries written in Arabic. One diary, several years back, was turned over to the FBI who said, after looking at it, that it was someone's personal diary that chronicled their trip sneaking into this country. One woman, who lives near the border in AZ, left the door to her home unlocked since she was at home at the time. She went into her kitchen and found several Iranians crowded in there.

People who live on land that abuts the border have reported illegals who have torched their storage sheds and killed their dogs.

Despite all these stories, the lamestream media refuses to cover them and our government refuses to secure the border.

The lamestream media is now worthless. About 20 years ago, 60 Minutes did a story about Americans who worked in IT being displaced by Indians on H1-Bs. The story exposed how these Americans were expected to train their replacements. If they refused, they were denied any severance pay. Fast forward to today---60 Minutes would never go near a story like that.
I can tell you that this still happens today.
Thankfully I retired rather than get my pink slip and I didn't train my Indian replacement..just sent an email with a huge attachment of documents.

But my office mate got layed off and he had to train his Indian replacement before he left.
That was part of the stipulation to receive his severance pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 PM
 
31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8506
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
After reading articles, I usually scan the comments. Since border officials are being censored, sometimes someone with firsthand knowledge leaks some info as to what is actually happening. I came across this one from a border official responding to this article Breitbart Texas Involved in Car Chase and Capture of 20 Smuggled Illegal Immigrants

'I encountered a female subject while on duty one day and ran her information. (actually gave me the correct name and DOB) She had a warrant for her immediate deportation. I detained her and sent off to ICE for the confirmation and for them to pick her up. Well, while waiting for confirmation, I received a call on my cell from ICE. They asked all the standard questions, they asked does she have a child with her and I replied yes an 8 year old girl but her grandma and another lady were in the car as well. ICE immediately said we can't deport her, she has a child with her....I asked if he was kidding and he said no. I had no further action to take. She walked away. If the feds would swear state and local police in to enforce immigration laws, it would take no time at all.'
So I guess all it takes to get into this country and remain here is to bring a kid with you? Unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 07:27 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,627 posts, read 31,274,902 times
Reputation: 26702
Today it was wall to wall coverage about Obama's visit to Texas and his steadfast refusal to visit the border. Wouldn't want the problem he helped to create staring him in the face now, would he? Nah, he's too busy going to a fundraiser at a mansion in Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,327,718 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
For years, volunteers who clean up trash that illegals have dumped on fragile desert eco-systems have been reporting that in this trash they have found Korans, prayer rugs and diaries written in Arabic. One diary, several years back, was turned over to the FBI who said, after looking at it, that it was someone's personal diary that chronicled their trip sneaking into this country. One woman, who lives near the border in AZ, left the door to her home unlocked since she was at home at the time. She went into her kitchen and found several Iranians crowded in there.

People who live on land that abuts the border have reported illegals who have torched their storage sheds and killed their dogs.

Despite all these stories, the lamestream media refuses to cover them and our government refuses to secure the border.

The lamestream media is now worthless. About 20 years ago, 60 Minutes did a story about Americans who worked in IT being displaced by Indians on H1-Bs. The story exposed how these Americans were expected to train their replacements. If they refused, they were denied any severance pay. Fast forward to today---60 Minutes would never go near a story like that.

Extremely good post touching on some important matters. I have heard those very stories of those who live at the border, have had odd buildings torched.. I have heard about women being raped and beaten. Lets not even get into the trash, that is for another time.

Your point is valid stating how the media the lame duck media, and its refusal of covering this whole mess the bad included, is a hint of what is yet to come. We are a point it seems, where we are useless.

Here is the thing, if we have a media, who seems to not want to report anything of negativity, on certain subjects. Then what the hell good are they.

Hey our friends who live in Murrieta in a gorgeous custom home on 2 acres, is at the point of brink. She is ready to just break, and I mean that. This Country has its own problems with homeless, the poor, the elderly, our vets, but yet we can find this money to help the plight of illegals. None of this makes sense. I have my ideas on this, and sure some of you do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top