U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,612,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now she's back in her country telling the world that there is no crime and the kids are lying.
Good, I hope they use her statement in their "asylum hearings"

Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 PM

31,921 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They are children who are vulnerable and innocent and who need help.
Innocent children? Come on, how many children do you know that have a mustache or a beard and wear men's underwear?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:36 PM

11,584 posts, read 5,559,958 times
Quote:
Which is why these children want to escape from all of that.

jojajn---We're waiting to hear how many of these "children" you are planning to foster on your own dime.

BTW, Jim Webb is no longer a senator. So much for your link being relevant

Old 07-11-2014, 05:39 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Quote:
Which is why these children want to escape from all of that.
MS-13 recruits in elementary school.
Over 70% of these "innocent vulnerable kids" drop out of school by 5th grade.
They work the streets.

You can bet that many are not "escaping" at all but importing it to the US.
Border Patrol agents have told the press MS-13 and Barrio 18 gang members are among those "kids" and their signs are being found in all the centers and military holding spots.

A bit dated (2012).

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-bri...rgarten-report
Street gangs such as the MS-13 and Barrio 18 in the Honduran city of San Pedro Sula are recruiting kindergartners and forcing transfer requests from teachers fearing for their lives.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:46 PM

327 posts, read 239,442 times
Quote:
Because we all know that this has always been a high priority issue with conservatives and the GOP.
Exactly. All of this is partisan garbage, again. Detroit has no water, do you see conservatives saying lets send money to Detroit?

No, they are saying let Detroit go, it's a Democratic wasteland, this is how Obama wants Detroit, and other horrible things about ACTUAL LIVING PEOPLE living there, right now.

So sorry if I don't think conservatives really care about our problems at home.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdscott View Post
Exactly. All of this is partisan garbage, again. Detroit has no water, do you see conservatives saying lets send money to Detroit?

No, they are saying let Detroit go, it's a Democratic wasteland, this is how Obama wants Detroit, and other horrible things about ACTUAL LIVING PEOPLE living there, right now.

Fine start a help Detroit threat in the Detroit forum, or Conservatives don't care about Detroit in the Politics and controversies forum. This forum is about illegal immigration. Most posters her have already acknowledged that the GOP owns their share of blame when it comes to illegal immigration.
The problem today, the 240,000 illegals that have surged across our borders is owned by Obama. He is the POTUS after all. As a politician he understands that words have meaning and he absolutely understands his target audience. The rate of crime in the countries the illegals came from has not surged. So why the sudden surge? Could it be our Presidents words about slowing deportations? About providing a path to citizenship? Could it be Obama selling snake oil? Something gave the illegals the idea that they would be allowed in.
Even now Senators and Congress people are being blocked from visiting these so called children. WHY? They had no problem letting Pelosi in. Oh thats right she is sympathetic to Obama's agenda.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Fine start a help Detroit threat in the Detroit forum, or Conservatives don't care about Detroit in the Politics and controversies forum. This forum is about illegal immigration. Most posters her have already acknowledged that the GOP owns their share of blame when it comes to illegal immigration.
The problem today, the 240,000 illegals that have surged across our borders is owned by Obama. He is the POTUS after all. As a politician he understands that words have meaning and he absolutely understands his target audience. The rate of crime in the countries the illegals came from has not surged. So why the sudden surge? Could it be our Presidents words about slowing deportations? About providing a path to citizenship? Could it be Obama selling snake oil? Something gave the illegals the idea that they would be allowed in.
Even now Senators and Congress people are being blocked from visiting these so called children. WHY? They had no problem letting Pelosi in. Oh thats right she is sympathetic to Obama's agenda.
Sheila Jackson Lee said she went down there and was able to hand out lollipops to those poor children.
They let her in as well.

It seems only the Republicans are being blocked and not allowed in.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee greets illegal immigrant children with candy - Washington Times

Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 558,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Like it or not people like you are part of the problem.

D and R are but different sides of the same coin.
You need to wake up and not throw your vote away on D or R.
Vote third party. That is our only hope..5% and they get Fed money for campaigning.
5% and they get their foot in the door.

Stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" because they are one in the same evil.
I agree with you, HappyTexan, but I am not blaming one party or the other. I am a non identifying voter now. But at the time, I felt Obama was better than McCain/Palin and Romney. Believe me, I have been around long enough to know what a screwed up government we have, no matter who is in office.

The problem with casting a vote for a third party is that the vote is thrown away. I would love to hear some strong voices that aren't silenced by the "you're a racist" or "we are all immigrants" pro-illegal alien groups. I doubt I will see in my lifetime a change in the direction of our government. JMHO.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I agree with you, HappyTexan, but I am not blaming one party or the other. I am a non identifying voter now. But at the time, I felt Obama was better than McCain/Palin and Romney. Believe me, I have been around long enough to know what a screwed up government we have, no matter who is in office.

The problem with casting a vote for a third party is that the vote is thrown away. I would love to hear some strong voices that aren't silenced by the "you're a racist" or "we are all immigrants" pro-illegal alien groups. I doubt I will see in my lifetime a change in the direction of our government. JMHO.
If there are enough votes to get them to 5% then all is not wasted.
I stopped voting D or R in Presidential elections.

To me "throwing away your vote" is not voting at all.

I don't consider that I threw away my vote.
I will continue to vote a third party for Presidential elections with the hope that more people follow suit.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,148,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdscott View Post

Why should we bail them out. They continuously elect Democrats. Most of these cities that are in financial difficulties have Democrat mayors who tax the people and squander the collected taxes. If we bailed them out, they would just vote in the same corrupt and incompetent Democrats again and be bankrupt yet again. People get the governments they elect and should pay for their choices themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or