U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 02:53 PM

1,017 posts, read 555,286 times

Advertisements

I am disgusted. Trying to keep afloat since I was laid off; only "assistance" I ever received was UI benefits for 13 weeks. Have drained my 401(k) funds, hit my meager savings, and am over 50. I don't expect the government to do a thing for me, yet MY tax dollars are going toward people who are here illegally?

Trust me, this is the tip of the iceberg as far as money being drained for nothing.

Hey, President Obama, what about the American taxpayers? Our veterans? Homeless, disabled, old folks? And while I am asking how come the SSA offices are full of non-English speaking people signing up for benefits? I had to wait over two hours in line to get a duplicate SS card, and saw dozens of young people accompanying their elders. No one can convince me that the flood of non-English speaking people that day weren't there for benefits. Grrrrr.

No one can make this up!!!

Last edited by Annie1004; 07-08-2014 at 03:06 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 03:04 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am disgusted. Trying to keep afloat since I was laid off; only "assistance" I ever received was UI benefits for 13 weeks. Have drained my 401(k) funds, hit my meager savings, and am over 50. I don't expect the government to do a thing for me, yet MY tax dollars are going toward people who are here illegally?

Trust me, this is the tip of the iceberg as far as money being drained for nothing.

Hey, President Obama, what about the American taxpayers?

No one can make this up!!!

I am so sorry for what your are going thru, I really am. I know friends in the same bolt. They are draining their savings account, and believe me not happy in the process. They too are in their fifties and husband and wife both laid off of work

These are the kind of issues that should concern all of us. I already made phone calls this morning, sent a lot of email out, and believe me voiced my opinion.

I have friends who built from scratch around 5 or 6 years years ago in Murrieta, a custom built home that is gorgeous. At this point, they are so upset In an area where there are other custom homes on acres.

They are so pissed right now and they are Democrats, when stuff hits close to home, even die hard dems change their outlook. Sometimes we don't really pay as much attention as we should to these matters, until we are faced with them. And they hit close to home.

We cannot even get one marine out of jail in Mexico, one, but we can do this for people who break the law. None of this makes sense to me. I am fed up, totally fed up. The way things are going, only a matter of time, before illegals come to a city near you.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:06 PM

409 posts, read 400,860 times
Meanwhile, our Vets are dying due to lack of proper care.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 PM

1,709 posts, read 995,373 times
Default easy!

Take the 3.7 billion out of the foreign aide budgets of the kid's home countries.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:39 PM

18,315 posts, read 11,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
According to the article, some of the money is going toward "care for the children while they are in the country." Say what? That means this money will be used to support kids who don't even belong here in the first place?
Not *some* but nearly three quarters of the money (IIRC from news sources) will be going to DHS to provide for the care and whatever of these children. Only a very small amount of Obama's request will go for judges and or increased border security.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:42 PM

31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, when conservatives think that a fertilized egg is a person but refugee children are not, their concerns are clearly political and not moral.
Where did anyone in here say that these so-called refugee children are not humans?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM

31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The VA has no money, SS has no money, medicare has no money but we can find $4 billion to take care of illegals ?
Our government certainly has their priorities screwed up don't they ?
It's the million dollar question, isn't it? Our programs to assist our Vets, seniors and our own needy are running dry but somehow billions can be found to assist illegal foreigners.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:03 PM

18,583 posts, read 13,704,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did anyone in here say that these so-called refugee children are not humans?
True, and it's this administrations policies that have encouraged the children to make the Trek here, where they are kidnapped, raped and killed. We all know where the buck stops.

Female immigrants sneaking into US 'know they're going to be raped' | Mail Online

Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's the million dollar question, isn't it? Our programs to assist our Vets, seniors and our own needy are running dry but somehow billions can be found to assist illegal foreigners.

Exactly and a good valid point. Maybe as Americans we ought to start demanding that our vets are treated with the upmost respect and dignity.

And should get the best of care also. We have poor families that are in dire need of help, and they get none. Middle Class families having a hard time staying afloat.

This Country is broke, but we can find the money for these illegals.

At some point we as a Country have to take care of our own, before the needs of those who break laws.

Does not make sense, and if your against this situation right now, then your mean, non compassionate, non human, and every other name Pelosi and the Dream Team can throw at us.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, when conservatives think that a fertilized egg is a person but refugee children are not, their concerns are clearly political and not moral.
How many do you volunteer to take into your own home, take full financial responsibility for and raise to adulthood? 5? 25?
You believe we owe it to them to care for them right? Be the first to step up. Talk is cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or