U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2014, 11:34 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Reputation: 5210

Advertisements

just make the law that anyone without proper US ID shall not get any medical attention from a hospital at all, to include emergency services.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 07-09-2014 at 11:46 AM..

 
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am a registered Democrat, voted for Obama twice, and as far as I am concerned, both parties and government have let Americans down. I only voted for him because I thought he was the lesser of two evils. Even if I wasn't in dire straits, I still find this Administration's actions repulsive.

Let's stop finger pointing (there is enough blame to go around) and start doing something to make our voices heard. Bless those in Murietta for getting the word out, but we have a long way to go.
Like it or not people like you are part of the problem.

D and R are but different sides of the same coin.
You need to wake up and not throw your vote away on D or R.
Vote third party. That is our only hope..5% and they get Fed money for campaigning.
5% and they get their foot in the door.

Stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" because they are one in the same evil.
 
Old 07-09-2014, 12:21 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So protecting our border from the current rush of Illegal Aliens is driven by "racial motive" against the POTUS. Completely Logical
Given the President is simply following a US law and is protecting our border against the rush of illegals as the law provides what other rational reason for the attacks?
 
Old 07-09-2014, 12:24 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I am a registered Democrat, voted for Obama twice, and as far as I am concerned, both parties and government have let Americans down. I only voted for him because I thought he was the lesser of two evils. Even if I wasn't in dire straits, I still find this Administration's actions repulsive.

Let's stop finger pointing (there is enough blame to go around) and start doing something to make our voices heard. Bless those in Murietta for getting the word out, but we have a long way to go.
And what is it you think Murietta is doing other than increase the problem in Texas? You think making Texas worse is really a logically desirable outcome?
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just make the law that anyone without proper US ID shall not get any medical attention from a hospital at all, to include emergency services.
I disagree. That would be inhumane if someone's life is in jeopardy.
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,851,024 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There is nothing to connect this crisis to Obama other than he being President. The law involved was a last act of Bush.

Given the complete irrationality of this logic process is it not reasonable to suspect a racial motive?
race has nothing to do with incompetence, your logic says if any minority is criticized it must be racially motivated, a little convoluted/
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
race has nothing to do with incompetence, your logic says if any minority is criticized it must be racially motivated, a little convoluted/
Uhh no. Please get my argument correct. I claim if there is no available rationale than one must consider racial animosity. And I don't suggest it is true...just that you folk force it to be considered with what appear to be irrational attacks on the President.

For instance he should close the borders. Aside from being physically, diplomatically and practically impossible it is difficult to understand what you would consider success. Simply confiscate a few 100,000 acres of Texas river front land? You really going to support that? Deprive all the river edge owners in TX of access to the river? Can't wait to see how you sell that to the Texans. Build a fence through mountainous virtually impassable territory including roads to service the wall? Prevent all crossings of a border that is crossed 300 million times a year legally?

And with all that if you did seal it you still end up with 50% or so of the illegals anyway...they don't illegally cross the border.
 
Old 07-09-2014, 03:33 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
QFT.

I suspect that no solution -- short of lining up troops every 10 feet along the border and firing at every living thing that moves -- would satisfy the ODS sufferers here.

ODS? Oh, I see... Obama Derangement Syndrome. Yes, we all know that Obama is deranged and despite that there are sycophants and toadies who refuse to see this

I've never seen anyone advocate for shooting illegal aliens. Maybe I missed something that was posted. So go ahead and knock yourself out doing a search for a post that advocates for this
 
Old 07-09-2014, 03:46 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,682,359 times
Reputation: 2797
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, when conservatives think that a fertilized egg is a person but refugee children are not, their concerns are clearly political and not moral.
Good grief.......
 
Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
ODS? Oh, I see... Obama Derangement Syndrome. Yes, we all know that Obama is deranged and despite that there are sycophants and toadies who refuse to see this

I've never seen anyone advocate for shooting illegal aliens. Maybe I missed something that was posted. So go ahead and knock yourself out doing a search for a post that advocates for this
Actually, there have been some in here that advocated for that but most of us don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top