U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 PM

553 posts, read 455,838 times

Advertisements

Here is what I sent to my Congressman and both of my Senators:

I understand Resident Obama wants $3.7 Billion to deal with the crisis of unacompanied illegal immigrant children on our Border. Could you please offer an alternative bill of just $10 Million to fly them back home?

Several people have checked on airline tickets on the Internet and come up with costs of $8 Million to $12 Million, so send this to your Congressmen and Senators and we'll end this expenssive silliness.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
Here is what I sent to my Congressman and both of my Senators:

I understand Resident Obama wants $3.7 Billion to deal with the crisis of unacompanied illegal immigrant children on our Border. Could you please offer an alternative bill of just $10 Million to fly them back home?

Several people have checked on airline tickets on the Internet and come up with costs of $8 Million to $12 Million, so send this to your Congressmen and Senators and we'll end this expenssive silliness.
That will work out in three or four years. See you got to hold a hearing on each one before you can deport them. That takes over a couple of years at the moment. And if they maneuver or appeal it may take much longer.

So if we don't appropriate the money there is no lawful resolution for some years.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,860,316 times
[quote=lvoc;35579895] you folk

Just who are you folk?

You might have a better understanding of the crisis if you lived in Texas instead of Las Vegas.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
[quote=BestintheWest;35584124]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
you folk

Just who are you folk?

You might have a better understanding of the crisis if you lived in Texas instead of Las Vegas.
If you want an answer to snarky questions quote it properly. I knows it is hard but some of you folks can do it if you try...

Old 07-10-2014, 08:26 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,249,678 times
Default Surge is the word

I just listened on c-span.com to the border security hearing to fed high commissioners who were all over weight old white guys in $1,000 suits, performing a skit from a three stooges movie in which the stooges all chant "hup, hup, hup" and run back and forth. Each career federal employee stated that their minions were all answering the prez's call of all hand on deck to surge their minions to provide decent, safe, sanitary, room and board, medical exams/care, legal counsel, education, transportation to foreign nationals that would have been the envy of any child in the USA living at the poverty level.

The Prez is staying away from our kiddie camps. Bad optics he said.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:22 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,616,312 times
Quote:
That will work out in three or four years. See you got to hold a hearing on each one before you can deport them. That takes over a couple of years at the moment. And if they maneuver or appeal it may take much longer.

So if we don't appropriate the money there is no lawful resolution for some years.
Most of the older males will be of legal age of an adult in a couple months. Don't even think anyone
has to hold their breath waiting for them to show up for any court hearing. They will just show up in
a jail later down the road.

That is the problem with this type of crisis. It is a lawyer's dream and a national nightmare. I would not
spend an extra penny on anything legal. That means judges, court costs, etc. Let the legal system
that created this mess, live and work in the environment they created.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,149,508 times
Quote:

Why? All Obama has to do is not enforce that law just as he has refused to enforce other laws. Nothing new or above him there. Congress could convene and repeal that law this week if they wanted to. Throwing money at the problem won't solve it when there are laws on the books already. We certainly don't need to add any more laws that Obama will not enforce. Obama can call up the national guard or post active duty military on the border and turn back any man, woman, or child attempting to enter this country illegally. Stop them on the Mexican side of the border and let Mexico handle the problem since Mexico is apparently opening up their border to allow them to come through their country. All Obama and the Democrats ever want is more and more money to spend.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
I just listened on c-span.com to the border security hearing to fed high commissioners who were all over weight old white guys in $1,000 suits, performing a skit from a three stooges movie in which the stooges all chant "hup, hup, hup" and run back and forth. Each career federal employee stated that their minions were all answering the prez's call of all hand on deck to surge their minions to provide decent, safe, sanitary, room and board, medical exams/care, legal counsel, education, transportation to foreign nationals that would have been the envy of any child in the USA living at the poverty level.

He doesn't want to expose himself to all the lice and diseases.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post

Obama doesn't want to expose himself to all the lice and diseases.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:42 AM

[quote=lvoc;35578630]And what is it you think Murietta is doing other than increase the problem in Texas? You think making Texas worse is really a logically desirable outcome?[/quote

One little spark of justice out of this is that California and Maryland are bastions for the Democrat vote. I don't know about Maryland but I do know California is almost bankrupt from years of Democrat rule and a far-left mindset. This couldn't happen to a better bunch of liberal wieners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or