Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times

Advertisements

I just don't understand... You can ask for billions to to temporarily deal with the illegal aliens. But you can ask 4 billion to build a fence? Are we missing something?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:12 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Cost benefit?

Has anyone divided the number of illegal immigrants by the tax payer money we have paid and are asked to pay to fix the problem? Yipes!

Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
[quote=the_human_being;35590728]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
And what is it you think Murietta is doing other than increase the problem in Texas? You think making Texas worse is really a logically desirable outcome?[/quote

One little spark of justice out of this is that California and Maryland are bastions for the Democrat vote. I don't know about Maryland but I do know California is almost bankrupt from years of Democrat rule and a far-left mindset. This couldn't happen to a better bunch of liberal wieners.
Various places in CA are to the right of Rush. And you did not answer the question. Why do you believe that keeping illegals in TX is better than moving them to CA?

And CA is not in financial trouble. In fact they are trying to deal properly with a significant surplus at the moment.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
[quote=lvoc;35592871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

Various places in CA are to the right of Rush. And you did not answer the question. Why do you believe that keeping illegals in TX is better than moving them to CA?

And CA is not in financial trouble. In fact they are trying to deal properly with a significant surplus at the moment.
I'm not for keeping them in Texas. I'm for flying them back to their home countries and turning them over to the authorities in their home countries where they are citizens. There have been news reports of California towns and cities in deep financial troubles. The simple reason I said it's a small justice is because you folks elect Democrat governors and mayors and Obama carried California. Look at some of your senators like: Nancy (ugh) Poloski, you just re-elected Charlie Rangle. You have many left-wing Democrats in Congress and at the state and local levels. These folks all want amnesty so you take care of the kids.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
[quote=the_human_being;35593778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

I'm not for keeping them in Texas. I'm for flying them back to their home countries and turning them over to the authorities in their home countries where they are citizens. There have been news reports of California towns and cities in deep financial troubles. The simple reason I said it's a small justice is because you folks elect Democrat governors and mayors and Obama carried California. Look at some of your senators like: Nancy (ugh) Poloski, you just re-elected Charlie Rangle. You have many left-wing Democrats in Congress and at the state and local levels. These folks all want amnesty so you take care of the kids.
And they cannot be flown to their home country until they receive a court ruling on their request for permanent status. That requires processing which they have to receive somewhere and if not in Murietta than in TX or somewhere else. So why should Murietta be able to refuse to do their part.

California has cities in some financial trouble as do many states. Almost always a local issue do to a variety of causes. In general not particularly a partisan issue. Most CA cities however are quite sound.

Rangel is a NY Representative.

The kids are a nit. And many may well qualify for residence.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:28 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Quote:
Flying them home is against the law. The Mexican kids who are covered under other laws have already been sent home. Please read about something before you dream up opinions not based in fact.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Flying them home is against the law. The Mexican kids who are covered under other laws have already been sent home. Please read about something before you dream up opinions not based in fact.
And articles say the kids from Mexico are being told to say they are from Honduras or Guatemala so they aren't being sent back.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:57 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Easy Peasy

The c-span federal high commissioners per usual didn't know specifics like how many paroled aliens released into the general population actually showed up for their immigration hearing to determine whether they stayed or were sent back, but the range of testimony was one in 20 or 5 in 10. USCIS long ago stopped giving out performance statistics after it issued flight school permits to the 9/11 hijackers after 9/11. OOPS!

USCIS or USDOJ immediately should schedule determination hearings to every alien, and the ones that skip are issued warrants for their deportation. Now pressure Obama to find and deport those guys trying to hide.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:16 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Why not 5 billion? How about 10? It doesn't matter. Our zero enforcement policy will just keep more people pouring in and we will need more and more money. The country was completely broke before, now it's broke and doomed. What do you think will happen when the US loses all of its credit and can't afford to pay for the basic needs of a the world's poor that are steaming in? All those cute "kids" are going to come knocking at your door, with a pitchfork.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They are invaders.

Not "refugees".
They are children who are vulnerable and innocent and who need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration