U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:56 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I've said this in other posts. Why would democrats do anything for blacks anymore? They know the black vote is a sure thing (at least at a 90% rate). They have them in their pocket... Done deal. The only way blacks would change party affiliation is if the democrats found a way to reinstate slavery. Then again, they don't need to. They already have in a sense. Just look at any failed democratic stronghold. Detroit and Chicago come to mind first.
I have another question. If the persons on this thread are so interested in getting Blacks to vote Republican, then maybe the Republican Party should try harder.

And Detroit and Chicago are some poor examples. Seattle, Minneapolis, Boston. All liberal strongholds. None of those cities are struggling with unemployment and crime issues the way Detroit and Chicago are. Perhaps the problem is not Democrat or Republican.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times
The Democrat vs Republican thing was brought up regarding illegal immigration and Blacks. The fact is, both parties are responsible for this. As far as Blacks and how we fit into this, well, this is the way I see it. I'm against illegal immigration. I'm not against immigration itself. If a person comes to the USA the right way, I welcome that person with open arms. I am in favor of deporting those who come illegally, and making sure illegal immigration doesn't take place.

That being said, it is not as simple as many make it out to be. Businesses that hire illegal immigrants look at them as a cheap source of labor. Want proof? In Alabama, the government got strict on illegal immigrants. What happened next? Farmers turned to prisoners for cheap labor.

This is how I see it as far as Blacks fit in. While deporting illegal aliens might free up some space for jobs, how much would it help African-Americans? I would say not as much as many people try to portray. Blacks had very high unemployment rates before the tide of illegal immigration started taking place. Alot of schools with hardly any immigrants in them are overcrowded, and many are majority Black. Illegal immigrants could be deported today, and many of the problems among African-Americans would still exist. Now, it might help some Blacks living in California and Texas. However, there would still be other problems. I've heard people mention that some employers don't feel comfortable hiring Blacks. If that is the case, and I feel it is the case, then that is major problem.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:53 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The Democrat vs Republican thing was brought up regarding illegal immigration and Blacks. The fact is, both parties are responsible for this. As far as Blacks and how we fit into this, well, this is the way I see it. I'm against illegal immigration. I'm not against immigration itself. If a person comes to the USA the right way, I welcome that person with open arms. I am in favor of deporting those who come illegally, and making sure illegal immigration doesn't take place.

That being said, it is not as simple as many make it out to be. Businesses that hire illegal immigrants look at them as a cheap source of labor. Want proof? In Alabama, the government got strict on illegal immigrants. What happened next? Farmers turned to prisoners for cheap labor.

This is how I see it as far as Blacks fit in. While deporting illegal aliens might free up some space for jobs, how much would it help African-Americans? I would say not as much as many people try to portray. Blacks had very high unemployment rates before the tide of illegal immigration started taking place. Alot of schools with hardly any immigrants in them are overcrowded, and many are majority Black. Illegal immigrants could be deported today, and many of the problems among African-Americans would still exist. Now, it might help some Blacks living in California and Texas. However, there would still be other problems. I've heard people mention that some employers don't feel comfortable hiring Blacks. If that is the case, and I feel it is the case, then that is major problem.
A fair and reasonable post.
I would submit that the resources used to deal with illegals has caused less resources to be available for all others. The cost of providing bi-lingual teachers and tutors specifically to educate the children of illegals has cost school districts nation wide is measured in the billions.
The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers (2010)
That is money diverted from legal citizens. Money that would benefit black children as much as any other. I agree both parties own this and both are parties of weasels. The only difference is the rhetoric they use to con people into voting for them.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Let's just face it. Obama and the Democrats have thrown the blacks under the bus. They already know they have secured the Black vote forever and that there is no more need for them to pander to the Blacks. Obama and the Democrats have now turned their attention to the Hispanics. The days of the Blacks are behind us. The Blacks might as well get used to it.
Agreed. Tho NOT in a way that racists like New Black Panthers like, especially more and more of the younger Black ladies talking proper AND marrying "out"; usually to anglo white dudes.

Look at the history of us "Irish"; copy/paste that for "Black" and that's their future in the US, which ain't too bad at all.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:17 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,144,531 times
Quote:

Then Blacks need to work on their cultural issues.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:27 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,144,531 times
[quote=green_mariner;35736914]Why? Republicans have pandered to Hispanics in the form of amnesty.

If we are "old news", then consider this. Blacks vote more than any other minority group in this nation. A higher percentage of Blacks vote than the percentage of Whites.

What do I want? I want Republican politicians to stop the incendiary comments regarding Blacks. I want people to stop complaining about who Blacks vote for. It's no one's business who Blacks vote for. Blacks aren't interested in who anyone else is voting for. I want to make sure my rights are protected.
I did vote for Bush in 2004. I pretty much turned against him after seeing how the Katrina situation was handled. I felt like I wouldn't be safe. I don't believe that voting Republican would guarantee a job for me because job discrimination based on race still exists. I don't believe Republicans really understand that.

How Republicans Can Win Black Votes | National Review Online

Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Why Republicans have a lot to gain from reaching out to African

What happened in Katrina? The Blacks shot at the rescue helicopters, looted flooded stores, committed rape at the Super Dome. In contrast, what happened when the hurricane hit up north? Nothing. The property of business owners was left unmolested, no one shot at the first responders, no one was raped. You've got to quit acting like barbarians.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:20 AM

62,353 posts, read 27,748,078 times
Quote:
What do I want? I want Republican politicians to stop the incendiary comments regarding Blacks.
Can you give examples? I gave 10 examples of Democrat politicians (some VERY big names, too) making incendiary racial and ethnic stereotyping comments, here:
Interesting twist: Blacks protest illegal alien influx

Can you do the same with Republican politicians so we know what you're talking about?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:

There are unlimited H-2A visas that the farmers/growers can use for legal, foreign ag workers so their excuses were bogus.

Why does it have to benefit blacks in order for them to be vocal about illegal immigration? Isn't the fact that it is against the law good enough for them? You may think that illegal immigration doesn't impact the black community in any way but it does. It impacts them in higher taxes just like the rest of us. Many low income blacks use to hold janitorial jobs but no more and that is just one example of how they have been pushed out of the job market. Many blacks have been pushed out of their neighborhoods also a good example is in So. Calif. where I live.

It's like saying well I haven't had a relative murdered so I don't care about the crime of murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or