U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,958,198 times

Advertisements

LA Times

Reading this article, it says that the kid Alvarez was granted status because he was an orphan. The article does not state if he provided a death certificate for the mother or the father. I'm just wondering which kind of PROOF that they ask for to show that he's orphaned. Do they get documents from the home country? Can these doc be forged? Are these immigration judges lenient or strict? The article makes Judge Martinez seem like a big sister. The typical case takes 578 days, with delays typically making it longer. Now, the immigration rights hacks are asking that these immigrants be represented by legal help (no doubt at taxpayers' expense).

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/60.../p2p-80761960/

Of the $3.7 Billion requested by Obama, $300 million of it will be used to reintegrate the immigrants back into their native countries as well as to address the factors that cause the younguns to run away. If the Honduran president couldn't make time to meet with Biden to discuss this because of a soccer game, why should we believe that he would use this money for its intended purpose?

I'm ashamed of the way that this country conducts its business.

Last edited by wehotex; 07-10-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 05:13 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Odd but legals have to provide proof and verification for their claims. Why is it that illegals don't? Why are legals told that if they work here before they gain permanent residency that they will be deported? Why are legals told that if they commit document fraud that they will be deported, but illegals don't have to answer for their crimes. Oh thats right if they are convicted they will. Yet s.744 states they will have to pay back taxes. Legals aren't given that option.
This pandering to illegals sickens me.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:39 AM

25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
LA Times

Reading this article, it says that the kid Alvarez was granted status because he was an orphan. The article does not state if he provided a death certificate for the mother or the father. I'm just wondering which kind of PROOF that they ask for to show that he's orphaned. Do they get documents from the home country? Can these doc be forged? Are these immigration judges lenient or strict? The article makes Judge Martinez seem like a big sister. The typical case takes 578 days, with delays typically making it longer. Now, the immigration rights hacks are asking that these immigrants be represented by legal help (no doubt at taxpayers' expense).

LA Times

Of the $3.7 Billion requested by Obama, $300 million of it will be used to reintegrate the immigrants back into their native countries as well as to address the factors that cause the younguns to run away. If the Honduran president couldn't make time to meet with Biden to discuss this because of a soccer game, why should we believe that he would use this money for its intended purpose?

Very well said, and good perspective to consider, no, I don't think you are being skeptical at all. I believe we need to look at every situation like this, and re-think what ripple effects could happen due to these situations....well done!

Old 07-10-2014, 05:41 AM

25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd but legals have to provide proof and verification for their claims. Why is it that illegals don't? Why are legals told that if they work here before they gain permanent residency that they will be deported? Why are legals told that if they commit document fraud that they will be deported, but illegals don't have to answer for their crimes. Oh thats right if they are convicted they will. Yet s.744 states they will have to pay back taxes. Legals aren't given that option.
This pandering to illegals sickens me.
I don't know, I do know, my son being a cop, that they are not allowed to ask them if they are illegal, and yet, these people are driving without drivers license or car insurance.

Yes, and rightfully so sickens a lot of us....I really believe we should start writting our congress and senate about this issue, maybe if they were hounded by enough people, they would stop it?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,937,493 times
They don't need to provide any proof. They're illegals so our government just takes their word.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Like I've said before: ANY illegal alien who tries to claim being in danger back home needs to be locked up till he can prove his case in the courts. None of this being turned loose on the streets nonsense.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,600,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Of the $3.7 Billion requested by Obama, $300 million of it will be used to reintegrate the immigrants back into their native countries as well as to address the factors that cause the younguns to run away.

I posted this on another thread (they all really should be just one thread because they are so related) but I would not spend a penny on the legal aspect of this crisis. That means for judges, court costs, etc.
Let the legal system that created this mess, live and work in the environment they created.

Now I will add in, I would not spend a penny of taxpayer dollars on "reintegrating them back
into their native countries either" We don't need to spend more money on this crisis, we need
to change the law, and we already pay our Congress.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:47 AM

2,687 posts, read 1,767,361 times
Quote:
Am I too skeptical about the immigrants' testimony/records?
Probably.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:35 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,280,375 times
If these immigrants coming to the US are children in danger, then what I don't understand is why these women are having children if they know that they will be brought into that dangerous environment and they will have to send them off to the US to be safe? Are these particular women being raped? Or do they just don't have access to birth control? I don't know.

I mean they must have some smarts if they are shipping them to the US so they should be smart enough to try to prevent having the children.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 AM

183 posts, read 158,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like I've said before: ANY illegal alien who tries to claim being in danger back home needs to be locked up till he can prove his case in the courts. None of this being turned loose on the streets nonsense.
There was a story on the NBC News website about a Honduran kids' trip North to America. He said the hardest part of the trip was the heat and going without water for a couple of days. He also said that if he had to do it all over again, he would stay home in Hondura. No mention of gangs, murder, violence. Apparently life in Hondura wasn't too bad for all those who come to America.

I just tried to find that article. It has disappeared. I wonder if NBC News took it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or