Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 AM

12,909 posts, read 13,584,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home"? Do you know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, we help others. This country is deep in debt and we have many suffering Americans who aren't getting the help they need. They come first.

Jesus expected his followers to obey the law of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

Illegal aliens do not obey the laws of this land. Nor do they render unto Caesar that which is his. Once they are in this country, they continue to break even more laws such as ID theft.
So you think we are not governed by a Christian code of ethics in how we respond to this crisis?
How about charity starts at home in our own hemisphere. 50,000 children wandering alone in the wilderness Governor Perry wants to dispatch a small army against them, yet we launch a military operation to find a few hundred children in Africa. The Catholic Church has its hands tied in this situation, they have an ethical obligation to treat these children with compassion, just as Jesus did. Bringing the name of Jesus in this debate probably doesn't help your case, I think he would be on the side of the those who respond to these children with compassion.

Conservatives have decided if they change the narrative and make this a political or legal
issue it will quell the uneasiness they fill when they see that room full of desperate children. Sometimes I think it would be hard to be a conservative when it comes to human suffering but then again I remember if you have to look away at suffering you can't be a conservative.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-11-2014 at 04:20 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 05:14 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,238,123 times
Not sure if this applies to illegals coming across the border as much as it does to those deemed by the UN to be refugees but is a very interesting read about religious agencies and resettlement money.

Religious Agencies and Refugee Resettlement | Center for Immigration Studies

Here is another one from Canada in which immigrants are told if they are selected they have a year to pay back any money spent on getting them here.

Refugee Resettlement in Canada Information Bulletin No. 2

Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 6 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,804,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It's ironic that we punish families who want to be together, corralling their children like rabid animals, and just in the news is a father and mother who viciously killed their infant by leaving him to helplessly bake in a place the child thought was secure, and another man bust into a home killing his family. While the children from Guatemala are in limbo lets see how many atrocities against American children make the news with nary a protester to beg their cause.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "illegal"?

That's what the "children from Guatamala" are. Illegal aliens. Yes, the media can attempt to spin them as "cute" and "adorable", but in the end, they are illegal aliens.

If they want to be together, I suggest they stay in their home country.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

That's what the "children from Guatamala" are. Illegal aliens. Yes, the media can attempt to spin them as "cute" and "adorable", but in the end, they are illegal aliens.

Do you know the meaning of the story of Jesus and the Sumarian woman?

Old 07-11-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Catholics are obliged to give these children ,though they be illegal, "the water that will make them thirst no more"

Old 07-11-2014, 06:54 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,862,775 times
Default I have walked out of the Holy Spirt in Tempe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. They hide behind the cloak of Christianity while they aid and abet illegal aliens.
The first go around with AZ1070 the Priest were talking politics in church so I walked out. Even Jesus said as followers we must respect man's law.

I do like when Churches speak to this and yet there is no way to properly process theses people and integrate these people in American Society.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times
Quote:
Catholics are obliged to give these children ,though they be illegal, "the water that will make them thirst no more"
Then it's on Mexico to take care of business, since those "kids" came through there to get to the US. Like I've said before; lock 'em up till they can PROVE they're real refugees or just punks who are trying to scam the system here.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,862,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then it's on Mexico to take care of business, since those "kids" came through there to get to the US. Like I've said before; lock 'em up till they can PROVE they're real refugees or just punks who are trying to scam the system here.
Cut aid to Mexico, Put travel warnings for their country and release our Marine. Force Mexico to be a partner, not a enemy!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
According to a LA Times article from 2007 there are over 50,000 illegal aliens in the US from Ireland. In One neighborhood it is estimated that 40% percent of the population are in the US illegally. Why doesn't Obama ask for 3 billion dollars to lock up those punks who are scamming the system? Until the US shows some equity in their outrage of illegal aliens Mexico will not and should not cooperate with any immigration policies.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,151,082 times
Quote:
According to a LA Times article from 2007 there are over 50,000 illegal aliens in the US from Ireland. In One neighborhood it is estimated that 40% percent of the population are in the US illegally. Why doesn't Obama ask for 3 billion dollars to lock up those punks who are scamming the system? Until the US shows some equity in their outrage of illegal aliens Mexico will not and should not cooperate with any immigration policies.

I want them ALL gone, I don't care where they come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration