U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 AM

31,710 posts, read 14,622,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
My position is just fine
I feel fine and I don't have to give any scenarios to make me feel better.
I am stating facts.

I'm not turning my back on innocent children, their parents, their country, and churches are. I am compassionate. That does not mean I support illegal immigration though.

Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror - YouTube

Take "your" compassion to the countries they are from.
You'll never make a change in other countries, if you don't start THERE.

Here's a start: DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED VOLUNTEER MAKE A CHANGE
International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC

How you can help - ICRC
I had to laugh at the sign the man was carrying in the video pulling the race card. What does race have to do with wanting our immigration laws enforced? We allow in one million legal aliens annually and most are from the ethnic group protesting the most.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:59 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,630,167 times
Default The Unites States has helped many countries.

Think about this point for a moment. The Good Nature of America we have share our time ,our money and resources to help out and develop the Countries in Central and South America. America has been doing this since Teddy Roosevelt of 1898.

We send Missionary's and volunteer groups to build village a and drill for water , improve infrastructure. We send our doctors and in many cases do not charge for medical care. We as a country has pumped millions of dollars in Jamaica, with the earthquake. Yet local and primary Gov. leaders steel or waste the good will of America.

Yet they blame us for their downward path and choose to dump their "problems " on the backs of the American taxpayer.

Sealing our border and withholding aid money to pay for their crimes and lack of responsibility to their own people. Colombia's a good example of the People of Columbia taking power away from the Cartel and FAR Rebels. Now we have a good mutual relationship that is the model for the rest of the region.

Secure our border and Deport all. Then we can have a conversation on a up dated legal immigration program.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 07-12-2014 at 10:14 AM..

Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,304,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home"? Do you know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, we help others. This country is deep in debt and we have many suffering Americans who aren't getting the help they need. They come first.

Jesus expected his followers to obey the law of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

Illegal aliens do not obey the laws of this land. Nor do they render unto Caesar that which is his. Once they are in this country, they continue to break even more laws such as ID theft.
I sure have! a principal this Country does not honor any longer Our Country, puts the needs and wants of these people who break laws, to get what they want. Before the needs of American Born Citizens.

We have our own needy, our own homeless shelters, our own on street corner, under bridges, and sleeping on sidewalks.

We have so many on welfare who can count anymore. We have elderly and our vets, and on and on and on. But when we turn our back on our own, and take care of those who were not even born in this Country.

And a current administration, who tell you if you disagree with them, your heartless, and not compassionate and that it is the right thing to do.

Our government has turned it's backs on its very own people, I believe that the President has also, because if he so desired, he could stop this madness.

But the cost to all of this, is going to go up even higher, the diseases, associated with a lot of these people, the cost to feed them, give them shelter, and the kids video games which I heard yesterday, all is a cost to us, we cannot afford.

In one Word, this Country is going to Chit, excuses my French.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:13 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I had to laugh at the sign the man was carrying in the video pulling the race card. What does race have to do with wanting our immigration laws enforced? We allow in one million legal aliens annually and most are from the ethnic group protesting the most.
Agreed and throwing out the "race card" is backfiring on more and more people, even people of that dude's same "race". What really pisses me off is a bunch of fools screaming at how "we" stole the Indians' land considering THEY did the same exact things against each other but, amazing how they forget their own history. Too; MOST Indian tribes were squatters back then, they did NOT even "own" the land they trespassed on.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:14 AM

10,400 posts, read 8,360,335 times
Got to fill up those pews one way or another. Contributions are down

Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,600,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I had to laugh at the sign the man was carrying in the video pulling the race card. What does race have to do with wanting our immigration laws enforced?
The video was not specific to illegal immigration.
I was just trying to make a point about devastation/unfairness around the globe.
I hope you got that part , and that is all that counts.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:20 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,292,342 times
Catholic Charities are doing what they should, as the
Lord has taught all who follow to do.
The Catholics as a group defend even human beings who haven't entered the world yet too! :-)

Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,394,597 times
Quite a few, possibly up to 60% of this most recent wave of Central American
immigrants actually qualify for refugee status according to international laws
which the United States has signed to be a party to.
I wonder what Italians, French, Spaniards, Lebanese, Syrians, Turks, Laotians, etc etc
think about America's choices to induce strife and mayhem in certain areas which
has increased the refugee flow to these places. America's hands are not clean.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:11 PM

31,710 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The video was not specific to illegal immigration.
I was just trying to make a point about devastation/unfairness around the globe.
I hope you got that part , and that is all that counts.
If the video doesn't pertain to illegal immigration then why post it here? I have seen many pro-illegal protestors carrying those types of signs claiming it is racist to want our immigration laws enforced.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,343,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Do you know the meaning of the story of Jesus and the Sumarian woman?
Catholics are obliged to give these children ,though they be illegal, "the water that will make them thirst no more"
The United States government is obligated to enforce the immigration laws of this country.

If people are coming here ILLEGALLY, they are criminals.

This isn't a religious matter, this is a legal matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or