U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I don't consider myself a religious person ,never said I was a good Christian nor have I been to a church in well over 40 years. You don't have to be a religious person to accept the fact that the bible is a historic document that pretty much tells us what's been working for 2000 years. The same way you conjured up something about me you conjured up that those are adults and there is no need to follow the rule of law in dealing with them.
Uh; I might take you mores serious if you're Ok with facing arrest and possible prison time for what you believe in.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:20 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,940,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, that's 68% of their receipts!!! Next time you see those Catholics "volunteering" to tend to these illegals, please remember that!!! Catholic Charities would die on the vine without all of those federal contracts.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 AM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball7 View Post
quite a few, possibly up to 60% of this most recent wave of central american
immigrants actually qualify for refugee status according to international laws
which the united states has signed to be a party to.
I wonder what italians, french, spaniards, lebanese, syrians, turks, laotians, etc etc
think about america's choices to induce strife and mayhem in certain areas which
has increased the refugee flow to these places. America's hands are not clean.
yawn !?!?

Old 07-13-2014, 03:49 AM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
The laws say they got two years to process those children. This reminds me of a story about a family wandering around trying to find a place to live because their child also would be murdered if they stayed where they were at........oh yeah that was baby Jesus.
Hilarious, now you're really grasping at straws.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:19 AM

8,789 posts, read 9,617,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ummm...I didn't "conjure" up that those are adults. Many of them have proven to be adults.

Another poster posted this link in a different thread in this forum:
Adult Illegal Immigrants Posing as Children To Enroll in High School | National Review Online

Now, after you brought Christianity into this discussion, you are backpedaling and saying that you aren't a "religious person" or a "good Christian". So why bring it up in the first place?

So...answer the question. Are you either going to foster these "children" or are you going to go to either El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras and volunteer your time and money to help people there? Which will it be for you?
If many of them are being proven to be adults then that means the system in place is working. I have no more desire to foster a child than you have the desire to go to the border with your guns and volunteer to spend the rest of your life standing guard. Conservatives do plenty of back pedaling when Religious leaders don't back up their political position. That is the subject of this thread. Religion is always stepping in to offer a solution to a social, legal, or humanitarian problem.

Many of these people are not sneaking into the US they are taking advantage of George Bush's law and turning them selves in at the border. This issue should be a no brainier except both sides need to score points with Hispanic voters. Sometimes in order to solve a problem we must first conclude is this a convergent or a divergent problem. But before that is decided it must be decided if this is a legal or humanitarian problem. What the bible does prove is hatred has never won a battle or solved a problem in thousands of years so to use hatred and fear to address this issue is futile.

Knowing how to use the bible and not being a religious person is no different than not being a scientist but using science to make tea, mow my lawn or clean my house. Why not rely on a sound method ?

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-13-2014 at 07:07 AM..

Old 07-13-2014, 01:57 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
If many of them are being proven to be adults then that means the system in place is working. I have no more desire to foster a child than you have the desire to go to the border with your guns and volunteer to spend the rest of your life standing guard. Conservatives do plenty of back pedaling when Religious leaders don't back up their political position. That is the subject of this thread. Religion is always stepping in to offer a solution to a social, legal, or humanitarian problem.

Many of these people are not sneaking into the US they are taking advantage of George Bush's law and turning them selves in at the border. This issue should be a no brainier except both sides need to score points with Hispanic voters. Sometimes in order to solve a problem we must first conclude is this a convergent or a divergent problem. But before that is decided it must be decided if this is a legal or humanitarian problem. What the bible does prove is hatred has never won a battle or solved a problem in thousands of years so to use hatred and fear to address this issue is futile.

Knowing how to use the bible and not being a religious person is no different than not being a scientist but using science to make tea, mow my lawn or clean my house. Why not rely on a sound method ?
You won't foster any of them? Well, why not? After all, your heart bleeds for them. Until I posted the link that proved that they are not all "children", you refused to believe it, instead opting to think that they are all sweet, innocent children.

"Hatred" and "fear"? Apparently, when I speculated that you've been insulated from the devastation caused by illegal immigration, that I was correct.

Perhaps if you saw your neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal immigration, then you would understand how it is to "fear" having to go out at night in your own community, where before it was infested with illegals, going out at night was never a problem.

Obama has repeatedly has said that he has a pen and knows how to use it. So why isn't he using it now to do something about this problem? Instead, he is the one who encouraged this current influx.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:12 PM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Why would these So. Americans suddenly be taking advantage of a law that was signed clear back in 2008? Hmm.

How does one score points with Hispanic voters? Aren't they obligated to respect our immigration laws just like very other American is?

Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You won't foster any of them? Well, why not? After all, your heart bleeds for them. Until I posted the link that proved that they are not all "children", you refused to believe it, instead opting to think that they are all sweet, innocent children.

"Hatred" and "fear"? Apparently, when I speculated that you've been insulated from the devastation caused by illegal immigration, that I was correct.

Perhaps if you saw your neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal immigration, then you would understand how it is to "fear" having to go out at night in your own community, where before it was infested with illegals, going out at night was never a problem.

Obama has repeatedly has said that he has a pen and knows how to use it. So why isn't he using it now to do something about this problem? Instead, he is the one who encouraged this current influx.
I don't really are all that much about those people I just think The United States has an image in regard to how it is treating brown people over the world and criticism of by the right wing is not doing the
GOP any favors. Two adults posing as children and " possibly " a handful more out of 50,000 seems insignificant even for the right wing alarmist rags that are reporting this breaking story.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would these So. Americans suddenly be taking advantage of a law that was signed clear back in 2008? Hmm.

How does one score points with Hispanic voters? Aren't they obligated to respect our immigration laws just like very other American is?
The rising murder rate is whats bringing those people here. The speaker of the house himself called it a humanitarian crisis. The law is pretty clear on people from Guatemala. The GOP wants the president to use an executive order to change a law that they think will help the issue, the president wants them to change the law the old fashion way. When the law gets changed they can send those people back the same way Mexicans are sent back. Thanks to the President illegal immigration from Mexico is moving in the right direction, back south.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Quote:
The rising murder rate is whats bringing those people here. The speaker of the house himself called it a humanitarian crisis. The law is pretty clear on people from Guatemala. The GOP wants the president to use an executive order to change a law that they think will help the issue, the president wants them to change the law the old fashion way. When the law gets changed they can send those people back the same way Mexicans are sent back. Thanks to the President illegal immigration from Mexico is moving in the right direction, back south.
No, it's not. There are so many loopholes for these illegals, it's ridiculous. For instance, say there are 17 adults and 17 kids living in a house. Say one of the women has a warrant out for her arrest. If one of those children is hers, they can't take mom. It doesn't matter how many other relatives the kid may have there, the mom or dad of that child isn't going anywhere. They say they don't have the manpower to send all of these illegals back. I think we have all seen police busting into a house during the night, waking and scaring the children. (Americans) They drag dad out right in front of their crying kids. They have plenty of manpower to arrest the Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or