U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 PM

11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I don't really are all that much about those people I just think The United States has an image in regard to how it is treating brown people over the world and criticism of by the right wing is not doing the
GOP any favors. Two adults posing as children and " possibly " a handful more out of 50,000 seems insignificant even for the right wing alarmist rags that are reporting this breaking story.
How is the US treating the so-called "brown people"? (Keep in mind that there is no such race as "brown people") Also, keep in mind that today illegals are treated better than Puerto Ricans were treated when they moved to the Mainland. Or even treated better than Mexican-Americans whose families had been in this country for several generations.

What "criticism of by the right wing" are you talking about specifically?

"Right wing alarmist rags"? Oh, I see...you think that the lamestream media is telling us the whole truth about this crisis.

I suggest that you read through some of the links posted in other threads in this forum and read them with an open mind.

Those of us who have seen the problems caused by illegal immigration up close and personal understand the devastation caused by it. I wish that I lived an insulated existence and was unaware of the problems caused by illegals.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:57 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I don't really are all that much about those people I just think The United States has an image in regard to how it is treating brown people over the world and criticism of by the right wing is not doing the
GOP any favors. Two adults posing as children and " possibly " a handful more out of 50,000 seems insignificant even for the right wing alarmist rags that are reporting this breaking story.
Uh; if your "brown" people are so hated in the US, why would they come here? Unless it's because they're hated even MORE in LatAm for maybe not being "white"? If that's the real deal, those illegal aliens need to stand up to their "masters" back home.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:59 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How is the US treating the so-called "brown people"? (Keep in mind that there is no such race as "brown people") Also, keep in mind that today illegals are treated better than Puerto Ricans were treated when they moved to the Mainland. Or even treated better than Mexican-Americans whose families had been in this country for several generations.

What "criticism of by the right wing" are you talking about specifically?

"Right wing alarmist rags"? Oh, I see...you think that the lamestream media is telling us the whole truth about this crisis.

I suggest that you read through some of the links posted in other threads in this forum and read them with an open mind.

Those of us who have seen the problems caused by illegal immigration up close and personal understand the devastation caused by it. I wish that I lived an insulated existence and was unaware of the problems caused by illegals.
I would say that the "brown people" overall have been treated pretty well in this country including those here illegally. If the brown people being referred to are Mexicans and other Latinos they hold the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country. They are pandered to in Spanish everywhere. Our politicians are falling all over themselves to gain their votes. Those here illegally aren't deported unless they have a criminal "conviction" on their record and now they are flooding our borders and being taken in. Yeah, they're really being discriminated against.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,597,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If the video doesn't pertain to illegal immigration then why post it here? I have seen many pro-illegal protestors carrying those types of signs claiming it is racist to want our immigration laws enforced.
I posted it to show hardship around the globe, and at times in our history. The US can't take everybody, nor can certain countries in Europe. I am not sorry to say, folks have to start taking a stand where they live. America did not get its freedoms easily or without much work and bloodshed. Others have to do that in their "OWN COUNTRIES". That is what the song "make a change" is all about.

I am aware pro illegal protesters think anti illegal folks are racist. But they would think anyone that disagrees with them is racist, so does it really matter. Hell, you are a racist if you want to get rid of the Federal Department of Education

Speaking of education, is it "protester" or "protestor"
Either way, we agree illegals got to go....

Old 07-14-2014, 05:40 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I posted it to show hardship around the globe, and at times in our history. The US can't take everybody, nor can certain countries in Europe. I am not sorry to say, folks have to start taking a stand where they live. America did not get its freedoms easily or without much work and bloodshed. Others have to do that in their "OWN COUNTRIES". That is what the song "make a change" is all about.

I am aware pro illegal protesters think anti illegal folks are racist. But they would think anyone that disagrees with them is racist, so does it really matter. Hell, you are a racist if you want to get rid of the Federal Department of Education

Speaking of education, is it "protester" or "protestor"
Either way, we agree illegals got to go....
A typo has nothing to do with a so-called lack of an education otherwise we are in agreement about the illegal immigration problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or