Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The United States government is obligated to enforce the immigration laws of this country.

If people are coming here ILLEGALLY, they are criminals.

This isn't a religious matter, this is a legal matter.
The laws say they got two years to process those children. This reminds me of a story about a family wandering around trying to find a place to live because their child also would be murdered if they stayed where they were at........oh yeah that was baby Jesus.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The laws say they got two years to process those children. This reminds me of a story about a family wandering around trying to find a place to live because their child also would be murdered if they stayed where they were at........oh yeah that was baby Jesus.
You can attempt to make this into a religious issue........but it's just not.

The "children" need to be deported -- immediately. The Catholic Church -- and yes, I'm sure they've got a few branch offices in Guatamala -- should be focusing on fixing the problem in the home country, not here.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:52 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Catholic Charities are doing what they should, as the
Lord has taught all who follow to do.
The Catholics as a group defend even human beings who haven't entered the world yet too! :-)
If you want to make this about religion, there are several scriptures that make it pretty clear that people are supposed to obey the laws made by man. I'm not real familiar with the bible, but I do remember this from going to church as a youngster. Surely you, being a Christian, would know this.

The Catholic Fathers do a lot of terrible things that they were not taught to do also. They are the last people I would want my children around in this situation.

Last edited by Jess5; 07-12-2014 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 05:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
you don't keep up much do you. Catholic charities are all over the world and have been helping people before you were born.
I have tried in vain to find out how much the US Government pays Catholic Charities in this country, but it's not so easy to find. There is an assortment of articles criticizing the but nothing definitive on how much they provide. I tried "Charity Navigator", which is a very unbiased source of information- no luck. Every once in a while, there used to be criticism where CC would threaten to deny their services as adoption agencies if the government would enforce nondiscrimination clauses against gay couples who wanted to adopt. But you could tell that they really didn't mean it. They like to throw hissy fits to make themselves feel superior. Now, the religious groups are stammering their feet against because of Obama's executive order to enforce nondiscrimination against gays with federal contractors. Again, those religious groups DIG that $$. They'll do whatever the government tells them to do for love of $$- the root of ALL evil. Anyone knows where we can find information on US Gov't funding?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
I love how you bring up Jesus where prior you said "Bringing up the name of Jesus into this debate probably doesn't help your cause..."

I see---it's only okay if YOU bring it up

So...since you say that you are a good Christian, I'l still waiting to hear how many of these "children" (I put "children" in quotes because many of them are grown adults attempting to pass themselves off as children) you are going to foster on your own dime.

Or, have you decided to move to either El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras and volunteer your time and your own money to help the people there?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:41 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I have tried in vain to find out how much the US Government pays Catholic Charities in this country, but it's not so easy to find. There is an assortment of articles criticizing the but nothing definitive on how much they provide. I tried "Charity Navigator", which is a very unbiased source of information- no luck. Every once in a while, there used to be criticism where CC would threaten to deny their services as adoption agencies if the government would enforce nondiscrimination clauses against gay couples who wanted to adopt. But you could tell that they really didn't mean it. They like to throw hissy fits to make themselves feel superior. Now, the religious groups are stammering their feet against because of Obama's executive order to enforce nondiscrimination against gays with federal contractors. Again, those religious groups DIG that $$. They'll do whatever the government tells them to do for love of $$- the root of ALL evil. Anyone knows where we can find information on US Gov't funding?

It's embedding in this, under grants I think.
http://www.usccb.org/about/financial...-2011-2012.pdf

http://www.usccb.org/about/children-...tion/index.cfm

Old 07-12-2014, 08:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
If churches wish to help people, I have no issue with that.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If churches wish to help people, I have no issue with that.

And if those people the churches are helping are here legally, I have no issue with that.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:03 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I love how you bring up Jesus where prior you said "Bringing up the name of Jesus into this debate probably doesn't help your cause..."

I see---it's only okay if YOU bring it up

So...since you say that you are a good Christian, I'l still waiting to hear how many of these "children" (I put "children" in quotes because many of them are grown adults attempting to pass themselves off as children) you are going to foster on your own dime.

Or, have you decided to move to either El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras and volunteer your time and your own money to help the people there?
I don't consider myself a religious person ,never said I was a good Christian nor have I been to a church in well over 40 years. You don't have to be a religious person to accept the fact that the bible is a historic document that pretty much tells us what's been working for 2000 years. The same way you conjured up something about me you conjured up that those are adults and there is no need to follow the rule of law in dealing with them.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:46 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
I don't consider myself a religious person ,never said I was a good Christian nor have I been to a church in well over 40 years. You don't have to be a religious person to accept the fact that the bible is a historic document that pretty much tells us what's been working for 2000 years. The same way you conjured up something about me you conjured up that those are adults and there is no need to follow the rule of law in dealing with them.
Ummm...I didn't "conjure" up that those are adults. Many of them have proven to be adults.

Another poster posted this link in a different thread in this forum:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-ryan-lovelace

Now, after you brought Christianity into this discussion, you are backpedaling and saying that you aren't a "religious person" or a "good Christian". So why bring it up in the first place?

So...answer the question. Are you either going to foster these "children" or are you going to go to either El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras and volunteer your time and money to help people there? Which will it be for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration