Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:35 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
According to a LA Times article from 2007 there are over 50,000 illegal aliens in the US from Ireland. In One neighborhood it is estimated that 40% percent of the population are in the US illegally. Why doesn't Obama ask for 3 billion dollars to lock up those punks who are scamming the system? Until the US shows some equity in their outrage of illegal aliens Mexico will not and should not cooperate with any immigration policies.
I'm glad you posted that, I found the article and I also found a follow up piece. Most of them went home after 9/11, they should never have been here in the first place. Yes, Obama should lock up every illegal. I don't care where they come from.

In New York, the Irish Pack It In - Los Angeles Times

"But after Sept. 11, social mobility began to drift out of reach. Driver's licenses expired and could not be renewed. Real Social Security numbers were needed to apply for jobs, open bank accounts, even to join a gym."

Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
So you think we are not governed by a Christian code of ethics in how we respond to this crisis?
How about charity starts at home in our own hemisphere.
I am an atheist and I believe in charity. It doesn't have to be a Christian thing, but since you brought it up.

I think your "Christian code" should have started in these childrens' home countries. They do have Catholic Churches there, don't they? There were many of those churches along their journey. So, If I was religious, I would be asking my Religious organizations why they are failing in their "Christian code of ethics" as you put it.

You know, their religion is part of the problem. They really should be using birth control. A lot of it. Short of Famine, poverty can be controlled. You can't always get what you want, and that includes more children.

They are like rolling stones, so I think they should get what they need (for now) and
then be SENT HOME. Have their home countries step up to the plate. We give them enough aid to do so already.

The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want" May 18, 2013 Anaheim, CA - YouTube

Old 07-11-2014, 05:02 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
The fact remains that Mexicans are the biggest problem in regards to illegal immigration numbers (60%) and other Latino countries make up another 20%. Doesn't mean we don't want all illegals gone and we have stated as such over and over in here.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
All of those little potential reproducers will be cranking out future cannon fodder for wars waiting up ahead, as well as hundreds of offspring to fill the church with sheeple. I wager no Athiest or Wiccan children will be getting "Spiritual food" from the patriarchs. It's all so depressing.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I am an atheist and I believe in charity. It doesn't have to be a Christian thing, but since you brought it up.

I think your "Christian code" should have started in these childrens' home countries. They do have Catholic Churches there, don't they? There were many of those churches along their journey. So, If I was religious, I would be asking my Religious organizations why they are failing in their "Christian code of ethics" as you put it.

You know, their religion is part of the problem. They really should be using birth control. A lot of it. Short of Famine, poverty can be controlled. You can't always get what you want, and that includes more children.

They are like rolling stones, so I think they should get what they need (for now) and
then be SENT HOME. Have their home countries step up to the plate. We give them enough aid to do so already.

The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want" May 18, 2013 Anaheim, CA - YouTube
Your position is indefensible and that is why you have hypotheticals that make you feel better about
turning your back on innocent children. George H Bush ,God bless him, was the last hope for the Republican Party. He kept trying to get people to connect the words conservative and compassionate. It never caught on. Even GW Bush acknowledged that religion can step in where political policy fails with his faith based initiatives.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
According to a LA Times article from 2007 there are over 50,000 illegal aliens in the US from Ireland. In One neighborhood it is estimated that 40% percent of the population are in the US illegally. Why doesn't Obama ask for 3 billion dollars to lock up those punks who are scamming the system? Until the US shows some equity in their outrage of illegal aliens Mexico will not and should not cooperate with any immigration policies.
thrifty: IF an ILLEGAL alien CROSSES through Mexico to get to the US; it's on Mexico then. Sheesh!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm glad you posted that, I found the article and I also found a follow up piece. Most of them went home after 9/11, they should never have been here in the first place. Yes, Obama should lock up every illegal. I don't care where they come from.

In New York, the Irish Pack It In - Los Angeles Times

"But after Sept. 11, social mobility began to drift out of reach. Driver's licenses expired and could not be renewed. Real Social Security numbers were needed to apply for jobs, open bank accounts, even to join a gym."
"There's nowhere in the world where Irish citizens are more marginalized than the United States," said O'Dowd, publisher of the weekly Irish Voice.

Good. I'm of Irish family and I don't want their kind here either if they were in the US illegally. Irish illegal aliens are as bad as Guatemalan ones.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
So you think we are not governed by a Christian code of ethics in how we respond to this crisis?
How about charity starts at home in our own hemisphere. 50,000 children wandering alone in the wilderness Governor Perry wants to dispatch a small army against them, yet we launch a military operation to find a few hundred children in Africa. The Catholic Church has its hands tied in this situation, they have an ethical obligation to treat these children with compassion, just as Jesus did. Bringing the name of Jesus in this debate probably doesn't help your case, I think he would be on the side of the those who respond to these children with compassion.

Conservatives have decided if they change the narrative and make this a political or legal
issue it will quell the uneasiness they fill when they see that room full of desperate children. Sometimes I think it would be hard to be a conservative when it comes to human suffering but then again I remember if you have to look away at suffering you can't be a conservative.
I love how you assume that since I disagree with you that I must be a "conservative". Actually, I'm an independent who does NOT vote the straight party line. That said, I take a very hard line against illegal immigration because I've seen the devastation it causes up close and personal.

I'm guessing that you've been insulated from the harm caused by illegal immigration given that you spout all these platitudes.

"Charity starts at home". In this case, "home" is the USA. We have many suffering Americans who need help. They come first and foremost. Once we've helped them all---including our veterans who are currently not being treated well by our government---and we have paid off our national debt and have money to spare, then, yes, help others. We can't afford to even help our own now and you want to push our suffering people aside for illegal aliens

I'll tell you what you can do---Foster several of these so-called "kids". I say so-called as many are actually adults trying to pass themselves off as kids.

Don't want to take any into your own home and care for them on your dime? Then move to either El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras and volunteer your time and money to help them.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:15 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default We got to set the stage.

I agree with you Illegals have to go and that means nearly most of them. There are exceptions for special cases , but they must go .Good info on Irish Immigrants. I bet you a beer at a pub most of these guys and girls are on over stay on a tourist visa.

If we as a country do need re- establish our boarders we will be the dumping ground of every country that wants to dump their poor or unwanted. President Obama is so caught up in hi political and his parties future they have forgotten America.
I wrote a thread yesterday and if we do enforce the border and deport quickly, it leaves the World to demand our border be "No Mans Land". Its not a stretch to image UN Peace Keepers in America to keep our Gov. from protecting US Soil.

Then this snowballs into the United States putting refugee into prison camps and the human rights people go to town on this issue! I am sure most of us can imagine that scenario of events, just because the President will not allow National Guard Troops on the boarder and the Coast Guard securing the Rio Grand;

We as a country demand the President protect our country Foreign and Domestic and execute the laws of the land, Hmmmmm sounds almost his oath of Office?

Old 07-12-2014, 08:26 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Your position is indefensible and that is why you have hypotheticals that make you feel better about
turning your back on innocent children.
My position is just fine
I feel fine and I don't have to give any scenarios to make me feel better.
I am stating facts.

I'm not turning my back on innocent children, their parents, their country, and churches are. I am compassionate. That does not mean I support illegal immigration though.

Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror - YouTube

Take "your" compassion to the countries they are from.
You'll never make a change in other countries, if you don't start THERE.

Here's a start: DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED VOLUNTEER MAKE A CHANGE
International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC

How you can help - ICRC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration