Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 05:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes we are paying for tickets for them. They can go to any city they want and we will buy them tickets.
Airline tickets and bus tickets. I imagine we're also giving them some spending money as well.

They should be getting a one way bus ticket to the Guatemalan border along with a Happy Meal.

Bub-Bye, don't try it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 05:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
ICE is now putting them on commercial flights and dropping them off at Greyhound stations all over the country.

Since this protest DHS/ICE have totally clamped down on talking about any plans whatsoever.

Houston news spotted DHS vehicles at a closed middle school a few days ago walking the grounds.
The Feds were "touring" the closed school.
Of course they wouldn't answer why they were there.

Vacant HISD middle school may house immigrant kids | khou.com Houston

Figures thanks for the info.

If we did not have such an open border policy, these people would not come. Make it easy, they will flood our flood gates.

I do not see why Obama could not secure our borders as he went on and on about when I taped him in 09/and 01/10 because that is exactly what he stated he would do. To secure and keep our borders safe, none have which have happened.

And he has the gall to laugh at Bush, Bush runs circles around this freaking clown. I think this could be in part political , these people stay and live here, are thrilled with the President, and in turn vote D.

And this ignorant vicious circle, continues on.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:32 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You have any ideas what cities, might get bombareded with these buses.
I heard Oklahoma mentioned, and why not? They get treated like royalty there. No sleeping on the floor for these esteemed guests. They get nice comfy beds, boys and girls separated, men and women separated also. 3 hot meals and 3 snacks a day, the latest movies in Spanish, all kinds of indoor games. They have boom boxes. Want to go outside? Theres parks and all kinds of outdoor equipment. They have Skype, and whats funny (not really) is when they call their relatives, saying they love it here. They were inviting their relatives (even the ones in other countries) to come there! The media talked to a few of them when the governor went there. They are having a ball. I tried to find the pictures I saw on TV somewhere on here, but my computer keeps freezing.

Don't believe anyone that says they are children only. There are just as many adults, and there are a lot from Mexico. I don't know why they are saying most of them aren't from Mexico. Damn liars.

What I don't understand (any of it) Ft. Sill is an active military base. I don't know how they have the extra room for over 1,000 illegals to live there.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I heard Oklahoma mentioned, and why not? They get treated like royalty there. No sleeping on the floor for these esteemed guests. They get nice comfy beds, boys and girls separated, men and women separated also. 3 hot meals and 3 snacks a day, the latest movies in Spanish, all kinds of indoor games. They have boom boxes. Want to go outside? Theres parks and all kinds of outdoor equipment. They have Skype, and whats funny (not really) is when they call their relatives, saying they love it here. They were inviting their relatives (even the ones in other countries) to come there! The media talked to a few of them when the governor went there. They are having a ball. I tried to find the pictures I saw on TV somewhere on here, but my computer keeps freezing.

Don't believe anyone that says they are children only. There are just as many adults, and there are a lot from Mexico. I don't know why they are saying most of them aren't from Mexico. Damn liars.

What I don't understand (any of it) Ft. Sill is an active military base. I don't know how they have the extra room for over 1,000 illegals to live there.
One school district has reported that "children" are showing up with grey hair and obviously much older than 17 to register for 9th grade.

This school called up one home to verify someone and was told they were between 30 and 35.

This is what our government is doing to us. Read it and weep.

Adult Illegal Immigrants Posing as Children To Enroll in High School | National Review Online

Old 07-11-2014, 06:11 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
One school district has reported that "children" are showing up with grey hair and obviously much older than 17 to register for 9th grade.

This school called up one home to verify someone and was told they were between 30 and 35.

This is what our government is doing to us. Read it and weep.

Adult Illegal Immigrants Posing as Children To Enroll in High School | National Review Online
I just read the link---and it is very disturbing. MA is a very blue state so, in one way it's good that the chickens are coming home to roost. Maybe that will wake up the bleeding heart libbies there.

That said, if my daughter was in a class filled with 30 year old men pretending to be 14 years old, I would be both angry and worried. She is grown now but if I were facing that, I think that I would be scraping together as much money as I could to try and send her to a private school. Barring that, I would look into home schooling.

I fear for the future of this country

Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I just read the link---and it is very disturbing. MA is a very blue state so, in one way it's good that the chickens are coming home to roost. Maybe that will wake up the bleeding heart libbies there.

That said, if my daughter was in a class filled with 30 year old men pretending to be 14 years old, I would be both angry and worried. She is grown now but if I were facing that, I think that I would be scraping together as much money as I could to try and send her to a private school. Barring that, I would look into home schooling.

I fear for the future of this country
Same type of stories are coming out of Miami.
Seems these illegals have been coming here for a while since school has been over for at least a month in Miami.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If we did not have such an open border policy, these people would not come. Make it easy, they will flood our flood gates.

I do not see why Obama could not secure our borders as he went on and on about when I taped him in 09/and 01/10 because that is exactly what he stated he would do. To secure and keep our borders safe, none have which have happened.
BECAUSE.....

This particular invasion is bifurcated.

Under current law:
  • Mexicans who are caught can be immediately returned.
  • Central Americans - are NOT being caught - they are VOLUNTARILY turning themselves in as refugees/asylum seekers - and, under current law, can remain here until their "immigration status" is determined - court dates set two years hence, for which they never appear.
Meanwhile, because these Central Americans are neither legal nor illegal, they can receive many benefits not available to actual illegals - including food stamps, medical care, etc.

The 2008 trafficking law signed by Bush - requires DIFFERENT processing for CENTRAL AMERICANS.
Quote:
For children coming from "contiguous countries" – in other words, Mexico and Canada – a Border Patrol officer has the authority to determine whether the child is eligible to stay in the country. Because the child can be directly and safely handed over to officials from his or her home country, the process can move very quickly.

But for children from all other countries, any repatriation to their home country involves a plane flight and more preparation. The law dictates that after being caught, the child must be turned over within 72 hours to the Department of Health and Human Services to care for them and find them safe housing. HHS is also urged to find them legal counsel and child advocates who can explain the process of applying for asylum or identifying other ways to stay in the country.

Obama seeks change to law that protects immigrant kids
This is the law:

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

There is bipartisan movement now in both houses of Congress to AMEND this 2008 law so that Central Americans now invading the US can be IMMEDIATELY returned - without a hearing - just as we do for Mexicans.

https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th...ouse-bill/5053
https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th...house-bill/898

and, there are others afoot:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ries-dont-bor/

Last edited by Ariadne22; 07-11-2014 at 07:54 PM..

Old 07-11-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
BECAUSE.....

This particular invasion is bifurcated.

Under current law:
  • Mexicans who are caught can be immediately returned.
  • Central Americans - are NOT being caught - they are VOLUNTARILY turning themselves in as refugees/asylum seekers - and, under current law, can remain here until their "immigration status" is determined - court dates set two years hence, for which they never appear.
Meanwhile, because these Central Americans are neither legal nor illegal, they can receive many benefits not available to actual illegals - including food stamps, medical care, etc.

The 2008 trafficking law signed by Bush - requires DIFFERENT processing for CENTRAL AMERICANS.
This is the law:

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

There is bipartisan movement now in both houses of Congress to AMEND this 2008 law so that Central Americans now invading the US can be IMMEDIATELY returned - without a hearing - just as we do for Mexicans.

https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th...ouse-bill/5053
https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th...house-bill/898

and, there are others afoot:

Texas congressman says immigrant minors from countries that don't border the U.S. can stay | PolitiFact
None of these kids are saying they were kidnapped so how can they use this "trafficking" law ?

Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
None of these kids are saying they were kidnapped so how can they use this "trafficking" law ?
Gotta ask the lawmakers. There's language in there (which I haven't read) which allows these people to stay until their "status" is determined - and which allows them to disappear permanently into the country because it takes two years or more for a hearing.

This bifurcation has been all over the news and C-Span for a couple of weeks, now.

Congressman Cuellar from TX has been a talking head on every cable station and C-Span on this issue daily. He and Cornyn are planning to draft an amendment similar to the other two.

Cuellar wants - he is very clear about that - these Central American "refugees" to be treated EXACTLY the same as Mexicans.

People have a hard time getting through their heads these illegals (as we feel they are) have different legal rights under American law - depending on the country of origin.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Unlike us sheeple that live here all they need to get through TSA is a notice to appear at an immigration hearing.NO ID no nothing.Feel safe sheeple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration