U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM

26,494 posts, read 24,233,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Following a string of contentious protests and escalating tensions in Southern California, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Thursday it will no longer send busloads of undocumented immigrants to San Diego or El Centro.
Border officials: No more immigrant buses through Southern California

The article goes on to say that the decision is not a result of the protests in Murrieta, but I prefer to believe that there is a connection. Regardless, I still admire the citizens who took the time and effort to demonstrate against the illegal invaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM

23,612 posts, read 31,177,547 times
They'll probably charter a jet now.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,771,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Maybe lots of small private business jets. Those illegals deserve to be flown in style.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,771,950 times
Back to being serious - I wonder where the buses are going to be going instead? I really doubt they're cutting down on transporting busloads of illegals around the country. I guess they could charter more planes though, as BigDGeek pointed out.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:36 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Border officials: No more immigrant buses through Southern California

The article goes on to say that the decision is not a result of the protests in Murrieta, but I prefer to believe that there is a connection. Regardless, I still admire the citizens who took the time and effort to demonstrate against the illegal invaders.

Well I agree with you for once, on this very important issue. Good for the residents of that great town, I love Murrieta, close to Temecula wine country and sampling of the wines, and goodies.

What was to stop them from going to your neck of the woods, or mine here in S.C. you cannot say they would not go here nor there, because we really don't know.

I am proud of the residents of Murrieta, who stuck their ground, and saw to it, that the busses, will no longer be going to their city.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,922,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Actually they were flying in planeloads to San Diego and then busing them from there.
They planned to to that 3 times a week but they also announced that will be stopped as well.

Probably cause the cat got out of the bag.

Now they'll just do it in secret in the middle of the night and no one will know what is going on.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually they were flying in planeloads to San Diego and then busing them from there.
They planned to to that 3 times a week but they also announced that will be stopped as well.

Probably cause the cat got out of the bag.

Now they'll just do it in secret in the middle of the night and no one will know what is going on.
You have any ideas what cities, might get bombareded with these buses.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You have any ideas what cities, might get bombareded with these buses.
ICE is now putting them on commercial flights and dropping them off at Greyhound stations all over the country.

Since this protest DHS/ICE have totally clamped down on talking about any plans whatsoever.

Houston news spotted DHS vehicles at a closed middle school a few days ago walking the grounds.
The Feds were "touring" the closed school.
Of course they wouldn't answer why they were there.

Vacant HISD middle school may house immigrant kids | khou.com Houston

Old 07-11-2014, 04:51 PM

1,938 posts, read 2,733,886 times
What are the people supposed to do at the Greyhound station? Live there? Are they being given money for tickets?

You'd think that if "Americans support the illegals"--like I keep hearing people say on television--they wouldn't need to be so secretive about where they're going.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
What are the people supposed to do at the Greyhound station? Live there? Are they being given money for tickets?

You'd think that if "Americans support the illegals"--like I keep hearing people say on television--they wouldn't need to be so secretive about where they're going.
Yes we are paying for tickets for them. They can go to any city they want and we will buy them tickets.
Airline tickets and bus tickets. I imagine we're also giving them some spending money as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or