U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
GREAT list, Oldglory!!!

Thank you! Do you intend on participating in one of the protests?

I am...going to see which one is closest. May even try the drive to DC.

Please spread the word...please have your friends post their lists as well! We need to educate the other posters here as well. take care, Dandiday
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Great info, Dandi!

Unfortunately, the group for my state won't give any info until you join their page. I applied to join and my request is "pending". So, I don't know if I will get the info in time
I'm guessing you're close to DC since you live in Virginia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 11:19 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm guessing you're close to DC since you live in Virginia?
Yup. I'm in the DC area.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:10 AM

222 posts, read 184,929 times
Better come prepared for the worst since the people in Murrieta got hackled by counter protesters.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 AM

673 posts, read 552,010 times
Thumbs up keep on going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'd love to but it is very hot here, I am a senior and I have some health issues. I do other things behind the lines to combat illegal immigration. Hope there will be a good turnout everywhere though.
I know you're doing so much, Oldglory...and I appreciate all you've done here on CD! Please advise us what else to do...

I'm further from DC...a good 3-4 hour drive, but I'll try to make it up there. Yes, my join status is "pending" too...this is an early grass-roots effort. Sounds like they have to work out some bugs, and the next protest weekend may be more successful.

Just keep trying, keep writing, and keep making your voices heard!

Thanks, Dandi

Old 07-13-2014, 07:26 AM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I know you're doing so much, Oldglory...and I appreciate all you've done here on CD! Please advise us what else to do...

I'm further from DC...a good 3-4 hour drive, but I'll try to make it up there. Yes, my join status is "pending" too...this is an early grass-roots effort. Sounds like they have to work out some bugs, and the next protest weekend may be more successful.

Just keep trying, keep writing, and keep making your voices heard!

Thanks, Dandi
Yes, constantly be in touch with your politicians on all levels. Form or join local political groups with similar ideals. Every little bit helps.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 AM

Thumbs up Thank you and keep on postin' Oldglory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, constantly be in touch with your politicians on all levels. Form or join local political groups with similar ideals. Every little bit helps.
As ever, thank you for your wisdom, guidance, and advice!

Keep on posting, Oldglory! We all will learn from you...

-Dandiday

Old 07-13-2014, 08:32 PM

Default Locations for the protests against the illegal invasion!!!

here's the latest link I found. Scroll down, find your state, and PROTEST!!!!!! July 18 and 19!!!! This upcoming weekend!!!!

nationwideprotest

(for some reason, the site is not coming up as copied. It's under "makethemlisten.wix.com)

In DC, apparently the protest will be in front of the Mexican embassy.

Also, here's the Facebook page that is organizing it all:

https://www.facebook.com/March.Against.Amnesty?fref=nf

I'll post more info as I find out...

Dandiday

Old 07-13-2014, 09:41 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
I'm trying to join my state group, Dandi.

Yesterday it said my membership was "pending". Today, I checked and got "join this group". So...I signed up again. Hopefully, I will hear back soon. If there is something near where I live, I will go.

Somebody in another thread in this forum (and I can't find it now) brought up concerns that invasion cheerleaders will show up at these events.

I've faced them before---even had someone from LULAC start screaming at me and pointing his finger at me because I corrected him when he talked about "immigrants". I said to him "illegal immigrants". OMG! Did he get red in the face! He started with the whole "there is no such thing as an illegal person blah blah blah". Then he told me how he is a naturalized US citizen. I was about to ask him why he bothered to become a US citizen when there is no such thing as an illegal person but a well-intentioned man told the LULAC guy to not point his finger at me. Then a police officer approached both the LULAC guy and the other man and told them both to be quiet.

I was sure to thank the man who spoke up in my defense!

So...if any invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas show up, hey---I won't like it but if any want to talk to me, I'll be glad to give them an earful

Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 AM

69 posts, read 80,141 times
Thanks! Shared on facebook and I'm planning on going to the DC protest!

Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 AM

5,761 posts, read 2,955,896 times
Dandi,
Have you posted this over on Current Events?
Nor sure if CD will allow it - but will be seen by larger audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or