U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:39 AM

673 posts, read 552,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Dandi,
Have you posted this over on Current Events?
Nor sure if CD will allow it - but will be seen by larger audience.
No, I haven't!!! I'll check into it...I haven't yet explored all that City Data has to offer.

Mountainrose or anyone else with more experience here...please repost this information where ever allowable for a wider audience! Also, please repost or otherwise refer to this information in your local city forums.

No matter what the opposition, this is a VERY important turning point in our country, and we must get the word out to everyone!

Thanks, Dandi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 AM

Thumbs down pffffffeh on Lulac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Dandi,
Have you posted this over on Current Events?
Nor sure if CD will allow it - but will be seen by larger audience.
----Can anyone assist me with this??? Also, please repost this information in your LOCAL forums!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm trying to join my state group, Dandi.

Yesterday it said my membership was "pending". Today, I checked and got "join this group". So...I signed up again. Hopefully, I will hear back soon. If there is something near where I live, I will go.

Somebody in another thread in this forum (and I can't find it now) brought up concerns that invasion cheerleaders will show up at these events.

I've faced them before---even had someone from LULAC start screaming at me and pointing his finger at me because I corrected him when he talked about "immigrants". I said to him "illegal immigrants". OMG! Did he get red in the face! He started with the whole "there is no such thing as an illegal person blah blah blah". Then he told me how he is a naturalized US citizen. I was about to ask him why he bothered to become a US citizen when there is no such thing as an illegal person but a well-intentioned man told the LULAC guy to not point his finger at me. Then a police officer approached both the LULAC guy and the other man and told them both to be quiet.

I was sure to thank the man who spoke up in my defense!

So...if any invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas show up, hey---I won't like it but if any want to talk to me, I'll be glad to give them an earful
Bos, LULAC is active up here, too? Good for you that you didn't allow them to intimidate you!!! I bet that red-faced man was comical to watch...yes, both as individuals and as a group, they can be quite irrational and emotional!

Boy, did we have our fill of them in TX!!! I can't begin to tell you all of the ridiculous trouble and problems they tried to cause for everyone...including attacking some historical and preservation Societies around South and Central Texas, "offended" that some may have put some of the Mexican historical figures in an unflattering light.

They inserted themselves in the most unwarranted places, and demanded inserting their revisionist history to honor to Mexican heroes...in the US!!! They are irrational obstructionists at best.

***Keep an eye on their websites and discussions to see if they plan any counter-protests.

However, they don't frighten me one bit. Simply because emotional rants cannot stand up to facts!!!

The very BASIC fact is that this is the United States of America....last time I looked, Mexico wasn't a state, or otherwise a part of the U.S. Also, Spanish is NOT the official language of the U.S.!

Just one itty-bitty example that they continue to push for... instructions, signs, etc. all in Spanish!!!

Do you know just how much extra it costs to print instructions in English AND Spanish on every government document as well as local gov't and other business and school documents? What a waste of time, paper, trees, and money. (hmmm...where are the liberal tree-huggers here???)

Ditto for those pain-in-the-butt long phone directories. Press "1" for English, "2" for Spanish (oprima el numero dos). The U.S. SHOULDN'T have to do this at all!!! Lulac could certainly avail themselves as translators for these people who refuse to learn English, if they are so h*ll-bent on this service.

As one young poster relayed in a different thread, he was DENIED jobs in California, because he didn't speak Spanish!!!!

***Even the most ardent "pro-illegal" supporters can't deny that this is WRONG, and is DISCRIMINATORY against our OWN U.S. Citizens!!!! For heaven's sake!!!!

If for nothing else, get out there and protest for our own jobs without being forced to learn Spanish!!!

LULAC can scream at me all they want, as they are a non-entity without logical merit in my opinion, and are of no consequence. I'll just make sure I protest near some nice American policemen!

Also, I plan on constructing a good, sturdy protest sign - with multiple "flip" pages to change the message periodically.

***So, try to have signs like this, or several large signs with LARGE stand-out colors and letters illuminating your protest information!

I'll have a bunch of the most relevant and striking facts on them, including the COSTS of these new younger illegals from C.A., the aggregate cost of taking care of the 11 ++million illegals already here through their lifetimes....

- remember, it's over $9 TRILLION dollars!!!

Also:
-the 640,000 CRIMES against America in just TWO BORDER COUNTIES in South Texas alone. ----the "OTM" illegals from terrorist countries - Syria, Pakistan, etc.
-the DISEASES brought by these kids
-the GANG MEMBERS slipping in, and so on.

****For those of you relatively new to this discussion and post, I urge you to read through this and other threads for more data (especially try to read through the source articles), and facts posted amongst the threads and posts. Really familiarize yourself with all of the more rational and cogent posts and debates.

Thank you, and I'll post more information as it comes, or I locate it. Please, folks, feel free to add your helpful posts and info here as well!!!

Thank you ---- Dandiday

Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Thank you, Dandi, for another great post!

I've mentioned this before. My dad was born in Puerto Rico and his family moved to New York when he was a young child. He started school not knowing English. In his class were kids of European immigrants who also didn't know English. My dad said that there was no bilingual education then and by the time the school year ended, they all spoke English. As my dad put it, we all knew that we had to learn English if we were to survive.

As for "para Espanol oprime dos", my dad says that it has no place in this country. Even though Spanish is his first language, he refuses to "oprime dos".

Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM

20,791 posts, read 41,427,990 times
Ha - here we have "para Espanol oprime uno" - always. I never hear English until AFTER I first hear instructions in Espanol. And, the first choice is ALWAYS Espanol.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Ha - here we have "para Espanol oprime uno" - always. I never hear English until AFTER I first hear instructions in Espanol.
^That's unacceptable

Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 AM

Default numero uno o numero dos???? Speak English!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you, Dandi, for another great post!

I've mentioned this before. My dad was born in Puerto Rico and his family moved to New York when he was a young child. He started school not knowing English. In his class were kids of European immigrants who also didn't know English. My dad said that there was no bilingual education then and by the time the school year ended, they all spoke English. As my dad put it, we all knew that we had to learn English if we were to survive.

As for "para Espanol oprime dos", my dad says that it has no place in this country. Even though Spanish is his first language, he refuses to "oprime dos".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Ha - here we have "para Espanol oprime uno" - always. I never hear English until AFTER I first hear instructions in Espanol. And, the first choice is ALWAYS Espanol.
Bos, no, I didn't know that! And, this wonderful man served in WWII as well!!! What a PATRIOT!!! My deepest appreciation to him.

Yes, my 4 grandparents all learned English on their own. My mom was raised speaking Ukranian/Polish at home, and like your father, was immersed in English-speaking schools (along with other immigrant children in the mid-30's...mainly from Italy, Ireland, Poland, Russia, and others). Imagine if translators had to be supplied for each foreign-speaking kid??? They all were speaking like Americans within a short time.

Regarding the press one or two for Spanish...yes, the FIRST position should be English. That does raise my ire as well.

OK...I'm going to be posting some more info shortly...hopefully a direct link to all locations of the protests.

Again, please repost in your local city forums, or anywhere CD will allow. Thanks so much for spreading the word! (I could use the help here...dealing with a family emergency...).

thanks, all! Take care, Dandiday

Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Default List of Protest Sites across America

Folks, here's the list of protest sites across the country. Look up your state, and participate!!!

nationwideprotest

If the link doesn't work, cut and paste this into your browser, and hit search. Then, click on the red letters that will help you find your state and city:

(I want to type out the site, but it's not allowing me to do so.

Apologies, I'm not tech-savvy, so I tried to figure out how you can see the site address if you had to retype it in your browser. (If anyone can help me do this in a better way, please repost)

Type the following, all in succession, NO spaces, using the punctuation below: (there is NO "www")

http://

makethemlisten.

wix.com

/nationwideprotest

Or, just type "http:// ", then WITHOUT spaces, add:

makethemlisten.wix.com/nationwideprotest

This site also has links to other sites participating. It also has the facebook page where you can go to download signs and slogans.

***Also, bring your cell phones or other video equipment to record the events and post or send to your local news media! Interview each other about the negative FACTS about illegals:
the cost to care for them, the gang infiltration, the crime they bring. All of these facts can be found in earlier posts in this thread, as well as on other illegal immigration threads.

Please help us EDUCATE AMERICA about the detrimental effect these recent (and current) illegals are having on our country! We MUST save America for our children and grandchildren!!!

thanks, Dandiday

Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM

559 posts, read 1,179,905 times
Try as I may I have yet to be successful in sharing the flier on Yahoo . I've even spelled out the name of the URL and what ever Yahoo has checking posts flags it each and every time. I don't get spanked by Yahoo, the post just goes poof.

Please try and share everywhere and anywhere you can. We all complain to our representatives and get no where. Its time we take the cue from the Illegals and get on the street and protest. They always seem to get acknowledged and it almost got them amnesty.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 AM

Default thank you, Casper324!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Try as I may I have yet to be successful in sharing the flier on Yahoo . I've even spelled out the name of the URL and what ever Yahoo has checking posts flags it each and every time. I don't get spanked by Yahoo, the post just goes poof.

Please try and share everywhere and anywhere you can. We all complain to our representatives and get no where. Its time we take the cue from the Illegals and get on the street and protest. They always seem to get acknowledged and it almost got them amnesty.
Casper, thanks for trying. Yes, I've had trouble with both the fb site and the national protest site. Remember, this is a grass-roots effort, put on by well-meaning people who perhaps don't have the tech support they need.

I'm sure as this gathers steam for future protests, things will improve!

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for all you're doing to get the word out!

Thanks, Dandi

Old 07-15-2014, 01:19 PM

7,939 posts, read 3,928,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
It's finally come to this...ACTION! All of us have been discussing here on City-Data about what we can do to effect change, close our borders, and stop the influx of illegal aliens. We have to stop the crisis at our southern borders!

Well, now we have something concrete to do...protest! Organizations are banding together to hold 220 protests across the nation including a march on Washington July 19-19

Go to the facebook page below, download the flyers, and spread them and the word around to everybody!

Consult the page below for further information. Will you join them and protest the influx of illegal aliens? Push for reform? Change the laws? It's time to save our country!

March On Washington Against The Illegal Alien Invasion

"Fellow Patriots, As of 2 hrs ago we have 220 protests across America !
Tomorrow we will publish the list of all the locations. Thank you for your patience!"

Join the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1476471035921641

Participating organizations include.. www.OverpassesforAmerica.com, www.facebook.com/MakeThemListen.org, www.ALIPAC.US, https://2mbtdc.com/ and others

Share your thoughts...will YOU participate?

It's about dang time!

You watch though,I bet it will NOT be shown on the news.

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 07-15-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or