Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 AM

671 posts, read 690,104 times

Advertisements

Additional information for us fighting ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ....

Black Chicagoans have taken to the streets to protest the billions of dollars that are going to fund/house /help illegal aliens, instead of helping African-Americans with high-crime in their neighborhoods, as well as allowing the illegals to compete for jobs that they have or are vying for.

This is from:

Black Chicagoans Slam Obama for Funding Illegal Immigrants; ‘Worst President Ever’ : Sandra Rose

“For the president to set aside all of these funds for immigrants and [have] forsaken the African-American community, I think that’s a disgrace,” the man told the blog Rebel Pundit. “He will go down as the worst president ever elected. Bill Clinton was the African-American president.”

--So, we also need to protest the fact that the Billions of dollars that is slated to support the influx of new illegals is WRONG and misdirected....it needs to go to our OWN CITIZENS in every sector...the poor, the wounded warriors, and our OWN problems. We can't take on the world's problems!!!

Another great article:

The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

This is an incredibly comprehensive and well-researched article, explaining that illegals are taking jobs away from our own citizens, that "cheap labor" does NOT ultimately result in savings passed on to the U.S. Citizen, and that any small amount of taxes paid by illegals PALES in relation to the cost of caring for them during their time here, and over their lifetime!!!

quote: The Bottom Line.

"It is almost certain that they also create a large fiscal deficit at the state and local levels.... That having been said, we find strong and convincing evidence that the costs of illegal immigration are significant at the federal level and those costs would grow dramatically if illegals were legalized."

The article also slams amnesty, saying it will only ADD to the overall cost burden that illegals place on our country:

"But given the costs of illegal aliens and of any amnesty, it would probably make more sense to enforce immigration laws and reduce illegal immigration."

Add these things to your armamentarium of facts!!!

thanks, Dandiday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM

671 posts, read 690,104 times
Default bottom line about illegal aliens

I am growing very weary of the emotional rants without substance from the pro-illegals.
I have posted article after article of facts, stats, data, that have been cross-referenced and proven to show that illegal immigration is NOT good for our country...in fact, it's detrimental in EVERY way...costs (net deficits), abusing our hospitals and educational systems, using up welfare and other resources that are earmarked for our OWN CITIZENS, crime against our citizens, terrorists sneaking through, and a host of other problems.

It's a matter of our sovereignty and very SURVIVAL as a nation. Bottom line.

The following are just some various articles you may wish to read:

Rick Perry: What Obama Missed on the Border - WSJ

Great article in the WSJ by Gov. Perry - he's been pleading with "O" for help in patrolling our Texas border for years, but "O" turns a blind eye. Texas alone, has paid over $500 MILLION DOLLARS since 2005 to secure our border with "strategic fencing". Perry also says the "O" administration, as well as the rest of the country has no idea concerning the magnitude of cost and danger to our country with these illegals pouring in.

http://csis.org/files/publication/13...derControl.pdf
great, even-keeled approach to handling the illegal immigration problem - we must rethink our border control strategies.

The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

A great study that again, demonstrates that the problem of illegals in this country (for cheap labor or whatever reason) is causing our country a multitude of problems and tremendous costs/ net DEFICITS.
Illegals cost us through means-based testing (such as welfare, WIC, SNAP, school lunches, and various other aids) as well as through the high cost of services, such as police, fire, maintaining roads and bridges, as well as one of the most expensive costs being education.

We can argue all day about the actual numbers, but the BOTTOM LINE is that having an open border without good regulation of who is coming into our country is foolish, expensive, and absolutely dangerous.

Crime: The US Border Patrol reports over 640,000 illegal alien crime incidents ranging from burglaries to rape and murder in South Texas:
Rick Perry takes Sean Hannity on border tour - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

Hezbollah terror threat on U.S.-Mexico border is real | Arizona Capitol Times

Those are just a few examples of terrorists who were identified or captured. We have no idea how many other terrorists may have slipped across our unprotected border undetected. We do know that U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 59,017 “Other-Than-Mexican” illegal aliens through October 7, 2010. Of those, more than 800 came from terrorist-watch or Middle Eastern countries, such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Cuba, Somalia, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.

Read more: Hezbollah terror threat on U.S.-Mexico border is real | Arizona Capitol Times

and more OTM's/terrorists crossing:

Terrorists: The Other Illegal Immigrants - Islamic terrorists are using the Southwest border as a gateway to the United States, House Report Shows

and more:

We can be attacked from within:

Iran Warns It Can Attack US 'from Within'
Iran has said it is "ready and able" to attack us from within, because of sleeper cells who have slipped in across the borders.

Muslim Terrorists are Paying $50,000 to Sneak Across U.S. Southern Border |

Terrorists are paying up to $50,000 to be transported across our borders.

If you are against illegal "immigration", then Alipac.us has resources, links to stats, and more information here:

illegal immigration news, illegal immigration information

I don't know what else to say, except when, on balance, one looks at both sides of the issue, the absolute bottom line as well as the TRUTH dictates that America must maintain its sovereignty...

WE CAN'T TAKE ON THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS ANYMORE, NOR ALLOW MORE POOR INTO OUR COUNTRY, TERRORIST, AND CRIMINALS.

My continuing question to those pro-illegals is, WHEN DOES IT END? IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WE WILL LET IN??????

Analogy...you can't put 1,000 people on a 10 x 10 liferaft!!! IT WILL SINK!!!

End of story.

----Dandiday

Old 07-18-2014, 08:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Any word on how the anti illegal alien protests did today?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:42 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
The protests and a walk on WA sounds like it could very well be effective in getting the Admin to sit up and take notice and finally do something.

I am curious about something: why is it that the media has not mentioned one thing about any of the protests? If it's a political thing, then at least Fox would report it.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The protests and a walk on WA sounds like it could very well be effective in getting the Admin to sit up and take notice and finally do something.

I am curious about something: why is it that the media has not mentioned one thing about any of the protests? If it's a political thing, then at least Fox would report it.
I just came from a protest in Scranton. I didn't stay long, only about an hour or so. There was no media there when I was there with about 150 people. More were arriving as I left. There were some angry people at the protest. Scranton is a democrat stronghold and they were not happy with Obama.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:27 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I just came from a protest in Scranton. I didn't stay long, only about an hour or so. There was no media there when I was there with about 150 people. More were arriving as I left. There were some angry people at the protest. Scranton is a democrat stronghold and they were not happy with Obama.
Tinman01---I'm so glad to hear that the crowd was that big! This is really encouraging news! Thank you for going. Perhaps the media showed up after you left? I do hope so.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend any local ones today as my husband had to work and we have just one car However, I will attend one in the future. There is a group not too far away that periodically schedules them so I'm keeping an eye on that.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:28 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Originally Posted by katie45

Quote:
For the same reason our government-controlled media does not report on the Obamavilles/tent cities,or even the Occupy protesters ,they are not allowed to! Didn't you wonder how many homeless must have died in our nationwide 'Polar-Vortex' winter,and the hellacious summer before that?

I had little doubt that the media would not report these protests, either. No way does the government want Americans to support a revolution in America,which is exactly what it will take to get all the thieves out of Washington!

Old 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
I wasn't able to go to Murrieta today as planned as my wife hurt her back last night and needed my assistance at home today. I am hoping to see something on the local news about how the protest went there. I'll report anything I hear.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Originally Posted by katie45

For the same reason our government-controlled media does not report on the Obamavilles/tent cities,or even the Occupy protesters ,they are not allowed to! Didn't you wonder how many homeless must have died in our nationwide 'Polar-Vortex' winter,and the hellacious summer before that?

I had little doubt that the media would not report these protests, either. No way does the government want Americans to support a revolution in America,which is exactly what it will take to get all the thieves out of Washington!
Why Autumn for once we kind of agree on a topic. There must be hope for America after all. The thieves in Washington starting with the Panderer in Chief. Reid with his claiming dreams are here legitimately i.e. legally. His staunch refusal to allow any bill on the floor that doesn't reward illegals. The house that refuses to move. The gridlock over power is strangling this nation. Fortunately a good share of my retirement is invested over seas in the form of gas stations and property near a beach.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM

409 posts, read 511,900 times
An idea for a protest sign...

“Just say NO, to the new Obama Kamps!!!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration