U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,342,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't hard to get murdered in a gang-infested place, especially if you live in the thick of the violent areas. Gang members have been known to kill even innocent by-standers.
You bet!!!

Wait until the kidnappings start...it is just a matter of time.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:05 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
It isn't hard to get murdered in a gang-infested place, especially if you live in the thick of the violent areas. Gang members have been known to kill even innocent by-standers.

A better question is this: Why wouldn't someone fear for their lives? Alot of Black people living in violent areas of major cities often want to live in safer places.
How often do "innocent" bystanders get killed? No, I disagree. IMO, unless they are involved with the gangs, drug dealers, etc. their lives aren't that much in jeopardy or they can move to a safer place in their own countries. They are using it as their excuse to come here, however.

I have no issue with anyone moving to a safer place but if it includes violating another country's borders then no. One would have to be a genuine refugee/asylum seeker to do that and I think most of their claims are bogus encouraged by own government and a loophole in our laws.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How often do "innocent" bystanders get killed? No, I disagree. IMO, unless they are involved with the gangs, drug dealers, etc. their lives aren't that much in jeopardy or they can move to a safer place in their own countries. They are using it as their excuse to come here, however.

I have no issue with anyone moving to a safer place but if it includes violating another country's borders then no. One would have to be a genuine refugee/asylum seeker to do that and I think most of their claims are bogus encouraged by own government and a loophole in our laws.
There is very few "safe" places in Honduras.

The gangs rule.....if you own anything much...you will pay them.

It is nothing like it is here.....nothing.

I am not into drugs.....I pay a gang near Tela.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There is very few "safe" places in Honduras.

The gangs rule.....if you own anything much...you will pay them.

It is nothing like it is here.....nothing.

I am not into drugs.....I pay a gang near Tela.
How many of these poor own businesses or anything else to be extorted in that manner? I'm not sure what your interest is in Honduras but if I were you I would end all ties to that country if you are here as a U.S. citizen.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Not where I live. Almost every call I make has Espanol first, including my bank and utility company, Social Security and Medicare. Want to report a gas or electric emergency or check their hotline??? Navigate that disgusting "Espanol" first. Call my cable/internet company? First I gotta choose a language - and the first language I hear is NOT English - gotta wait through all the Espanol gobbledygook before I even hear there is an English option.

For now, I live in a lily-white' suburb. I avoid using the telephone for anything these days if it can be handled online - because of this. Drives me up a friggin' wall and has - for years.
In Wisconsin? I'd be more likely to say that'd be a SoCal or New Mexico thing.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:32 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:

A better question is this: Why wouldn't someone fear for their lives? Alot of Black people living in violent areas of major cities often want to live in safer places.
This may all be true, but why should we make it our problem? WE have our own issues to deal with and now these illegals are adding to our burden. Send them hop, post haste and be done with it. We can't save the world.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,190,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He hasn't lived there for 14 years. I don't think I'd consider him to be an authority on the issue. Just one guy's opinion.
And how long have you lived there? I would think he knows more than your political spin.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:38 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And how long have you lived there?
I am certain that someone who came from the country and has family there knows a little more about the topic than say, the presidents press secretary or a man who seems to get all his intel from the news.
These criminals will say anything if it means they get to stay. Only a fool accepts the word of a criminal.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 AM

9,985 posts, read 6,412,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Snowball7, don't want to put you on the spot so don't answer if you don't want to. Have you asked or do you know whether your gardener is here legally or not? Just curious regarding someone who's been here for 14 yrs. Also curious to know if people generally ask.
Very few of them come here through the so-called legal naturalization process. Very few.
People don't understand that it's not functionally illegal for them to come here and stay,
and get a social security card, and a driver's license, without being citizens and without
even entering the citizenship process. Millions are here and millions more are coming because the laws are not enforced. The system allows them to be here, collect benefits here, work here, get an SS and drive in many states without being Americans.
They receive food vouchers, housing assistance, medical care, education assistance
and if they have children, it's a ticket to ride free for the rest of their lives.
Typically the women and children get the bennies (the more children, the more bennies), and the man works or sells drugs and lives in the woman's house which is taxpayer funded. So his income, from whatever source, is off the books. This game is not
exclusive to foreign migrants living here, however, it's commonplace in the
black community (12% of the population receiving 40% of the welfare) and increasingly
is becoming a lifestyle choice for single, young white women also. It is also
a way of life for chabad/hasidic jewish communities all around New York.
The reason why such a high percentage of children are born into a single-mother
situation is so that they can receive benefits. The women are in reality "married",
to a man who lives with them, but not on paper.
There are many thousands of people collecting SS benefits in Mexico and other
countries. Pretty much everyone in Puerto Rico collects SS but doesn't pay
or file a US tax return.
There are people with criminal records and bad driving records in their home
countries on the roads in the USA. Nothing is done to stop them.
I also have known others who had multiple social security numbers. Once I was
working with a man who was being paid with one identity and collecting benefits on
another. The more kids they have, the more free everything they get.
Some states are more generous than others, so they tend to flock to those states
which have the most extensive benefits and are sent information on these states
and why to go there by organized groups of lawyers that form a network of
support and recruitment to bring them here. This is why there is an uptick in
Central American migration into the US now. They are specifically targeting the
President's Dream Act (which was never passed, but is being implemented by the
federal agencies via executive order, which is why the Speaker of the House is
attempting to sue the President for acting unconsitutionally).
It's the federal government which allows this to happen, then the states and
cities are burdened with the results. In reality, the agenda of
the federal government is to assimilate these people into their system because
the federal government wants more non-nationals under its umbrella. We are
entering a globalist form of society. Some of these foreigners serve in the US
military and are paid just as much as Americans. The feds want them because
their allegiance is not to the American public. In my state, foreigners have also
voted in elections. Another thing they do is collect SNAP (food stamps) with multiple family members collecting, then sell the surplus benefits or food to others on the side.
This pays for their booze and cigarettes, and whatever else they want to enjoy.
They also rent rooms and overnight stays at their taxpayer-funded apartments.
It's getting to the point now, however, especially with Obamacare, which expands
free health coverage to all including single men, that there is an incentive for them
to become citizens or somehow part of this healthcare without having to pass a
citizenship exam, and the Democrats and many Republicans are working hard on
normalizing (amnesty) all so they will all get free health care and be able to vote
legally. The only thing stalling it is the so-called "far right" of the GOP in the House.

Last edited by Snowball7; 07-14-2014 at 06:15 AM..

Old 07-14-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many of these poor own businesses or anything else to be extorted in that manner? I'm not sure what your interest is in Honduras but if I were you I would end all ties to that country if you are here as a U.S. citizen.
It is just the way things are there.

I own land just south of Tela....I have family all over Honduras.

BTW.....I pay the police too.

You can't think thing there are just like here...very little is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or