U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:47 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times

Advertisements

Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration - Washington Times

It's insulting that she's using the injustices from earlier time against Americans of Mexican descent. Yes, there were/are plenty of injustices, but LULAC was founded to promote justice for Mexican-Americans, not those Mexicans or central americans across the border. I've never heard of separate water fountains in public buildings for us. I'm sure that my grandparents would have told me that. My grandmother was one of maybe 6 mexican-americans in her high school in Corpus Christi (the only high school in town) who successfully graduated in 1935. I know that she was forced to go a "Mexican school" called Cheston Heath Elementary school, despite that there was an elementary school in her back yard just across the fence called George Evans. It's because they suffered injustices and insults that I feel so strongly against the illegals coming in to ride the coattails on the history of OUR struggles.

Last edited by wehotex; 07-12-2014 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 PM

1,017 posts, read 552,739 times
Ugh. Why am I not surprised?

As much as I like Hillary Clinton, I'll never forget her saying a couple of years ago that the United States is responsible for the Mexican drug cartels because we are buying their products.

Hey, let's have a little loyalty to our fellow citizens, ladies. That goes for you, too, Nancy, Barbara and Diane!

Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration - Washington Times

It's insulting that she's using the injustices from earlier time against Americans of Mexican descent. Yes, there were/are plenty of injustices, but LULAC was founded to promote justice for Mexican-Americans, not those Mexicans or central americans across the border. I've never heard of separate water fountains in public buildings for us. I'm sure that my grandparents would have told me that.
It's also insulting that she thinks we should legalize millions of illegal aliens with so many unemployed Americans. The president said he would create jobs. How does that create jobs or open up jobs for Americans? All it is does is create permanent competition by foreigners for them.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:44 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
It's because they suffered injustices and insults that I feel so strongly against the illegals coming in to ride the coattails on the history of OUR struggles.
---------------
^Very well put! My Dad and his parents plus siblings had their struggles, too. My Dad has told me how when he was a teen looking for part-time work then being told "We don't hire Puerto Ricans". When his brother was in his early 40s and living in a deep south state, he met a blond-haired blue-eyed divorcee. They went to apply for a marriage license and were told that due to miscegenation laws, they couldn't get married in the state where they lived! This was a year before the Civil Rights Act passed.

Despite being treated poorly when they grew up, both my Dad and uncle volunteered to serve their country during WWII and both saw action.

Michelle Obama has some nerve trying to include illegals with American citizens who suffered injustices!

Illegal aliens have no business being here, let alone demanding "justice".

Old 07-12-2014, 06:21 PM

9,273 posts, read 5,784,185 times
I'm not even going to read it. Most of us who grew up down here have friends and family who are Americans of Mexican descent. You're right, it is insulting.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's also insulting that she thinks we should legalize millions of illegal aliens with so many unemployed Americans. The president said he would create jobs. How does that create jobs or open up jobs for Americans? All it is does is create permanent competition by foreigners for them.

President promises a lot of things, such as when he was running, promise them the world, but doesn't mean we listen, we know better.

The Hope and Changey thing, was quite the farce, as was unity for one and all Americans, really!

I find Obama quite the insulter, that he would truly believe that all Americans buy the garbage that he sells. No Mr. President, not those of us with half an intnelligence.

Michelle is as annoying as her husband, they deserve each other.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Michelle Obama is now sputtering out Lies

Now she is sputtering out lies? What has she and her husband been doing ever since they arrived on the political scene?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:32 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's because they suffered injustices and insults that I feel so strongly against the illegals coming in to ride the coattails on the history of OUR struggles.
---------------
^Very well put! My Dad and his parents plus siblings had their struggles, too. My Dad has told me how when he was a teen looking for part-time work then being told "We don't hire Puerto Ricans". When his brother was in his early 40s and living in a deep south state, he met a blond-haired blue-eyed divorcee. They went to apply for a marriage license and were told that due to miscegenation laws, they couldn't get married in the state where they lived! This was a year before the Civil Rights Act passed.

Despite being treated poorly when they grew up, both my Dad and uncle volunteered to serve their country during WWII and both saw action.

Michelle Obama has some nerve trying to include illegals with American citizens who suffered injustices!

Illegal aliens have no business being here, let alone demanding "justice".
That's just weird since 1 of Bull Connor's friends 50 years ago was Leander Perez. Some "Hispanics" like him were in favor of Jim Crow. Too, I read about those laws banning marriage between "anglo whites" and others but, never knew they also applied to Puerto Ricans, I thought it was just Black people and sometimes American Indians and Asians.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Not at all surprised. She lives with the Liar and Chief after all.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:57 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's just weird since 1 of Bull Connor's friends 50 years ago was Leander Perez. Some "Hispanics" like him were in favor of Jim Crow. Too, I read about those laws banning marriage between "anglo whites" and others but, never knew they also applied to Puerto Ricans, I thought it was just Black people and sometimes American Indians and Asians.
Louisiana has a much different history than the other southern states. Leander Perez was not a Hispanic in the way that we think of Hispanics. He was a just a good ol boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or