U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,917,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post

Looks more like a South American prison release program..
I'll raise you...

It looks like the parking lot of the local HD on any given weekday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 PM

673 posts, read 553,878 times
Angry "O" takes another vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
The Obama's will be gone from something like the 7th to the 24th at another rented multi-million dollar mansion somewhere. At least Bush went back to his own house on his vacations.

I know the Republicans are trying to push to add border control language to the spending bill and the Democrats are pushing back. Even if the bill is amended and makes it to the Senate, will Harry Reid even allow it on the floor?

We are at a national impasse. The Republicans want to secure the border FIRST, then start dealing with everyone already here. There's differences of opinion regarding amnesty or path to citizenship, but I think they can be negociated. But the border control is Job One in this issue.

The Democrats don't seem to want any border control--I've heard various reasons why, or talk-arounds ("lets do amnesty and then talk about border control later") and don't seem to want to negociate at all.

The Republicans will not sign a bill allowing 5 years for the eventual securing of the border, which is what is currently pending.

National impasse. And in the meantime, we continue the threads about the gang members, the communicable diseases, wondering who will care for/feed/support all these people.
Cb73...another great, succinct, informative post.

I agree- job #1 is to secure the border...that's what Gov. Perry tried to get across to "O". But as tinman01 and others have pointed out, "O" WANTS these people in...for a variety of reasons, some of which pertain to increasing the voting base (dems/Hispanic) as well as some other back-door dealings.

So much for the "transparency" he PROMISED during his grandiose acceptance speech 'way back when. (He thinks we've forgotten about that...)

Isn't is just LOGICAL to plug the leak, first and foremost?

Gov. Perry asked him for 1,000 National Guard last week. Nothing. No follow-up or follow-through. "O" just gave Perry lip-service and false, misleading assurances.

And now, he's going on vacation??? AGAIN? At least when Bush went to his ranch, they were almost ALL "working" times. I wouldn't even call them vacations.

Also, there's a HUGE financial difference here...Bush spent the time on his ranch..."O" and family pay exorbitant amounts for hotels, travel for the friends and entourage. OUR tax money!!!!!!

It's disgusting in these times of economic strife. This person "O" is obviously focused on his own self-gratification and ego than interest in our country and its struggling citizens. (hey, why doesn't "O" take a group of these guys in this picture with him??? It looks like these poor, downtrodden, mistreated, scared "boys" could use a break!!!)

Yes, the Repubs have their hands in this problem, too. They should be meeting and insisting on border closure right now - and pushing "O" on this matter!!!

We, the people, MUST fight for it, then!

Again, I urge you all to go on a letter-writing campaign about these issues, about the gangs and older males (called "kids" in the papers), about our porous border, about the crimes the illegals are perpetrating against our Americans living near the border, against the money spent on illegal aliens rather than our OWN citizens.

Protest! Make your voice heard this weekend! Go to the marches across the US!
If no one else than you or me, then who will fight for America???

Thanks, Dandi

Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,608,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Are all of our politicians/government officials on some type of high grade dope? What seems to be the problem here?
I was wondering the same thing. Or possibly they are in the drug trade one way or another.
Because no one in their right mind, or without some financial tie, would allow this **** to continue...

Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,373,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
DEAD CHILDREN WASH UP ON BANKS OF RIO GRANDE

What a disgrace the Democrats are...and especially scumbag Obama.
...Indirectly caused by the 2008 law and the Obama administration implying the message that once they get here after the perilous journey, they'll get to stay.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,701,147 times
This trash is pouring over our border and is callously pushed on the next generation to cope with in the streets of our cities and towns while our government claims it's concerned about children. How about our children?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:53 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,932,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
MS-13 and Barrio 18 gang graffiti have been found in these "welcome centers" where ICE/DHS are processing these innocent young children.
All gang members have tattoos that ar easily recognized. Shouldn't be that hard to weed them out.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:16 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,746,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
All gang members have tattoos that ar easily recognized. Shouldn't be that hard to weed them out.
Border Patrol guy was being interviewed two nights ago. Yes, they are easily identifying them. But they don't have the authority to do anything, and the gang members are going on the busses north with everyone else.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Agreed. Tho the law def needs to changed to deport ALL of those illegal aliens, gang tats or not.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:33 PM

9,318 posts, read 5,816,300 times
Outrage in Parker County after man deported four times attacks child | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 PM

26,503 posts, read 24,267,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
There was a period in time, years ago, when I thought about becoming a border patrol agent. I'm so glad that lapse in judgement didn't come to fruition. What a complete pile of bovine excrement this is turning out to be!
Actually, I think you're exactly the type who should be a BP agent. I want militarized guards at the border - not a bunch of social workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or