U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not illegals. These are green card migrant workers. The bus belongs to a local farm that brings them to Walmart for regular shopping trips.

Post #6
Video: migrant workers in school buses at NC Wal-Mart
Just got off the phone with a very nice & informative lady with Patterson Farms in China Grove,NC. It is verified the bus belongs to them, and on Sunday, did transport their workers to the Kannapolis Walmart for supplies. All workers are here through a federal government program ,H2A, where the farmer pays the federal government a fee and the workers are issued a temporary green card for the season. When harvest is over, the migrant workers (are supposed to) return to Mexico. This has been the farms practice for @ 20 years. So, these are Not illegal immigrants overflowing into NC from the border crisis.
I thought only US citizens could get food stamps. Tho at least legal aliens do put into the US economy and most of them are good people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 PM

6,516 posts, read 8,601,264 times
I had to renew my drivers license. To prove who I was, I had to show a certified copy of my birth certificate, my S.S. card, and two pieces of mail from my electric and water company showing my address. All was scanned and in the States computer system. When I went to the airport, I had to show the photo ID drivers license at check in. Even though I am a senior citizen and was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, I had to empty my pockets, remove my sneakers, standing on a bacteria invested carpet, had a TSA goon actually wand my bare legs and arms before I could get on an airplane.
BUT you can come from a Central American country, cross our border illegally, have no ID, have who knows what disease, given a piece of paper saying you promise to appear at a hearing and they can get on a plane taking them anywhere in the U.S. and with an EBT card paid by taxpayers.
Yup!! everything is working just fine.

Last edited by d4g4m; 07-15-2014 at 08:51 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
For a minute when I saw the header to this thread, I felt faint. But as long as they are here legally, I have no problem (yeah, even if they have EBT cards).

If I read one more time inferring that those of us who are against illegal aliens are "racists," and that these people "do the work Americans refuse to do," or my favorite, "they pick our crops," I will scream. Try to come up with more creative reasons; these old saws are passť. Plus, they have no basis in fact.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I had to renew my drivers license. To prove who I was, I had to show a certified copy of my birth certificate and two pieces of mail from my electric and water company showing my address. When I went to the airport, I had to show the photo ID drivers license at check in. Even though I am a senior citizen and was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, I had to empty my pockets, remove my sneakers, standing on a bacteria invested carpet, had a TSA goon actually wand my bare legs and arms before I could get on an airplane.
BUT you can come from a Central American country, cross our border illegally, have no ID, have who knows what disease, given a piece of paper saying you promise to appear at a hearing and they can get on a plane taking them anywhere in the U.S. and with an EBT card paid by taxpayers.
I had to show picture ID to buy over the counter cold medicine.....I am not kidding....

Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 PM

17,985 posts, read 17,140,226 times
Quote:
Not illegals. These are green card migrant workers. The bus belongs to a local farm that brings them to Walmart for regular shopping trips.

Post #6
Video: migrant workers in school buses at NC Wal-Mart
Just got off the phone with a very nice & informative lady with Patterson Farms in China Grove,NC. It is verified the bus belongs to them, and on Sunday, did transport their workers to the Kannapolis Walmart for supplies. All workers are here through a federal government program ,H2A, where the farmer pays the federal government a fee and the workers are issued a temporary green card for the season. When harvest is over, the migrant workers (are supposed to) return to Mexico. This has been the farms practice for @ 20 years. So, these are Not illegal immigrants overflowing into NC from the border crisis.
And this excellent government program that helps to get the crops picked WITHIN the legal system is the perfect argument for NOT needing illegals to pick the crops. We already have a system in place where workers come in temporarily and pick the crops. Maybe the ebt cards were their payment for their work. I don't know. But at least these workers are legally here and we don't need the illegals at all. No excuse for it.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:23 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
And this excellent government program that helps to get the crops picked WITHIN the legal system is the perfect argument for NOT needing illegals to pick the crops. We already have a system in place where workers come in temporarily and pick the crops. Maybe the ebt cards were their payment for their work. I don't know. But at least these workers are legally here and we don't need the illegals at all. No excuse for it.
Yes, you are correct. Every time a defender of illegal aliens uses the crop picking argument such as "who will pick our veggies, etc. without illegal aliens to do it" I point out that there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign ag workers.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,595,358 times
Quote:

They did that after Katrina in New Orleans..just handed out pre-paid cards to people.
Katrina happened to our CITIZENS, not illegals. It was a natural disaster.
This is a disaster, but nothing natural about it. It is downright bizarre....

What is it with this Santa Claus mentality with illegals.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:39 AM

62,390 posts, read 27,757,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I had to renew my drivers license. To prove who I was, I had to show a certified copy of my birth certificate, my S.S. card, and two pieces of mail from my electric and water company showing my address. All was scanned and in the States computer system. When I went to the airport, I had to show the photo ID drivers license at check in. Even though I am a senior citizen and was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, I had to empty my pockets, remove my sneakers, standing on a bacteria invested carpet, had a TSA goon actually wand my bare legs and arms before I could get on an airplane.

Yep. I was pulled to the side for a TSA grope search because supposedly the full body scanner indicated something suspicious in my left shoulder area. The thing is, I was wearing a spaghetti strap camisole (had removed my suit jacket as required) and anyone could actually SEE that I didn't have any contraband in that area.

But, yeah... you can come from a Central American country, cross our border illegally, have no ID, have who knows what disease, given a piece of paper saying you promise to appear at a hearing and they can get on a plane taking them anywhere in the U.S. and with an EBT card paid by taxpayers.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:34 AM

2,874 posts, read 1,873,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Katrina happened to our CITIZENS, not illegals. It was a natural disaster.
This is a disaster, but nothing natural about it. It is downright bizarre....

What is it with this Santa Claus mentality with illegals.
A considerable amount of that $3.7 billion Dear Leader is askiing for would go toward buying free stuff for our new "little children".

Old 07-16-2014, 07:05 AM

5,461 posts, read 4,577,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I didn't get all the way through the video, did they show the ebt cards?
No, apparently the person recorded the activity out of the store and not in it. But the article below the video states she was standing behind them in the check out lane and saw how they were paying for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or