U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 01:23 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,316,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Oh gosh, that's disturbing. I will definitely keep that in mind come November.
So you will ignore the fact that the Op was wrong, got it, newsflash: we know how you would have voted anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 PM

9,291 posts, read 5,792,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not illegals. These are green card migrant workers. The bus belongs to a local farm that brings them to Walmart for regular shopping trips.

Post #6
Video: migrant workers in school buses at NC Wal-Mart
Just got off the phone with a very nice & informative lady with Patterson Farms in China Grove,NC. It is verified the bus belongs to them, and on Sunday, did transport their workers to the Kannapolis Walmart for supplies. All workers are here through a federal government program ,H2A, where the farmer pays the federal government a fee and the workers are issued a temporary green card for the season. When harvest is over, the migrant workers (are supposed to) return to Mexico. This has been the farms practice for @ 20 years. So, these are Not illegal immigrants overflowing into NC from the border crisis.
Yeah, I didn't think the initial report looked right. These are the people we want and need, everything is legal.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:43 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,018,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So you will ignore the fact that the Op was wrong, got it, newsflash: we know how you would have voted anyway
That doesn't make sense. Go back and read my posts. And for your knowledge, I am a registered Democrat.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:40 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,316,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
That doesn't make sense. Go back and read my posts. And for your knowledge, I am a registered Democrat.
Then you better get your facts in order before deciding on how to vote. I am not a Dem or Repub so do not have to change a thing when I vote I just vote for whom I believe is the best for the Nation, State or local community, that has included Repubs, Dems, Libertarians and Green Party Candidates.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:37 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then you better get your facts in order before deciding on how to vote. I am not a Dem or Repub so do not have to change a thing when I vote I just vote for whom I believe is the best for the Nation, State or local community, that has included Repubs, Dems, Libertarians and Green Party Candidates.
I am pretty much the same. I will admit that if I see a D or an R attached to the candidate I look hard for an alternative.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM

4,240 posts, read 3,033,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Courtesy of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party. Remember to vote this November before the Democrats manage to register them all to vote.

SHOCK VIDEO>>> Illegals Arrive in Bus and Shop at Walmart With EBT Cards | The Gateway Pundit
This is nothing new, and was certainly not started by Obama. This has been going on for a long time.

I remember the exact same thing happening 25+ years ago with illegal Cubans in Florida. They would detain illegals who arrived in southern Florida by the boatload, and then give them money to go shopping for clothing, etc. Later, they would get on welfare and eventually get Social Security checks when they were older, despite never having worked here.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
This is nothing new, and was certainly not started by Obama. This has been going on for a long time.

I remember the exact same thing happening 25+ years ago with illegal Cubans in Florida. They would detain illegals who arrived in southern Florida by boats, and then give them money to go shopping for clothing, etc. Later, they would get on welfare and eventually get Social Security checks when they were older, despite never having worked here.
Wet foot dry foot policy for Cuba. The second they set foot on our soil they became legal. I disagree with the policy and it should be ended.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM

4,240 posts, read 3,033,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I disagree with the policy and it should be ended.
I agree with this. Illegal is illegal.

What I don't like is when people like the OP act as if this is something new that Obama started. This kind of thing has been going on for decades.

There have been lots of other immigrant groups who've had the same done for them, like the Vietnamese, Laotians, Cambodians, Salvadorans, people from Kosovo, people from Montserrat, some Russians who get here by way of Israel, etc. They got here illegally, and then were immediately handed benefits.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 AM

62,513 posts, read 27,802,586 times
Quote:

What I don't like is when people like the OP act as if this is something new that Obama started. This kind of thing has been going on for decades.
Not to this extent. See my post, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/35715531-post2.html

Old 07-19-2014, 11:38 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,269,859 times
Quote:

There have been lots of other immigrant groups who've had the same done for them, like the Vietnamese, Laotians, Cambodians, Salvadorans, people from Kosovo, people from Montserrat, some Russians who get here by way of Israel, etc. They got here illegally, and then were immediately handed benefits.
Look into Honduran elections and Obama meddling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or