U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:47 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Excellent, tinman. I am going to go over to Murietta and stand as long as I can in the heat. It's only about an hours drive from here.
That's about what Scranton is for me. I detest that city, but will take the ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That's about what Scranton is for me. I detest that city, but will take the ride.
Murietta is actually a very nice upscale city. It's just that this time of year it's very hot. I will at least go for a little while and show my support.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,308,961 times
Just be careful standing on those overpasses. Suggestion: if a State Trooper says you need to move along because you are causing a traffic hazard, do it, or enjoy your beatdown and time in jail. Have Fun Now.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 PM

Politicians crave power. They fear 1 thing and that is loss of power. The more people who turn out to protest illegal immigration the more likely enforcement will happen. The silent masses empower our elected reps to do nothing.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just be careful standing on those overpasses. Suggestion: if a State Trooper says you need to move along because you are causing a traffic hazard, do it, or enjoy your beatdown and time in jail. Have Fun Now.
If a person is standing on a sidewalk, they have a right to be there. Those who are organizing the protests have the info needed should their presence be questioned.

Apparently, you don't know that throughout history, people have protested for what is right all the while knowing what possible consequences would be.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If a person is standing on a sidewalk, they have a right to be there. Those who are organizing the protests have the info needed should their presence be questioned.

Apparently, you don't know that throughout history, people have protested for what is right all the while knowing what possible consequences would be.
1 thing dirty cops are scared of is being taped and, most of us in 2014 have smart phones. The cops WON'T be able to catch all the protesters even IF things got nasty. Too, many cops DON'T like illegal aliens and, might look the "other way" unless it's a real traffic hazard.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,864,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Politicians crave power. They fear 1 thing and that is loss of power. The more people who turn out to protest illegal immigration the more likely enforcement will happen. The silent masses empower our elected reps to do nothing.
Not always. A ton of people voiced displeasure, even traveling to DC to protest, and they still passed Obamacare. They don't care what we say or want

Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

If you are standing on an overpass and the state troopers believe you are causing a hazard because motorists are looking up at your signs they can tell you to move off the overpass, if you do not comply enjoy what happens next, and this has already been proven to be legal on their part. Learn the laws and obey them and enjoy your protest.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
1 thing dirty cops are scared of is being taped and, most of us in 2014 have smart phones. The cops WON'T be able to catch all the protesters even IF things got nasty. Too, many cops DON'T like illegal aliens and, might look the "other way" unless it's a real traffic hazard.
As I said already, if they believe it to be a hazrd they can act and I would highly suggest working with them. I doubt that most of them think of it supporting or not supporting your cause their job is Public Safety, period. Enjoy your protest and be safe.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
If you are standing on an overpass and the state troopers believe you are causing a hazard because motorists are looking up at your signs they can tell you to move off the overpass, if you do not comply enjoy what happens next, and this has already been proven to be legal on their part. Learn the laws and obey them and enjoy your protest.
LOL ever drive through South Carolina? There used to be signs for a fireworks company called South of the Border. About every 10 miles was a billboard advertising. I often wondered how many accidents those signs caused?
In regard to the protests. If people are obeying the law while protesting those who don't obey our laws maybe the state police should simply slow traffic down before that over pass if they are so concerned. If rubberneckers are the issue than entire stretches of highway needs to be shut down while construction is being done.
Folks if you feel that illegal immigration is wrong. If you feel our Federal Government needs to enforce our laws. If you feel that illegals need to be held accountable and not rewarded. Then I suggest you get out there and support these protests. The only way our elected reps will respond is if our voice is louder than the illegals and the scum who support illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or