U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 AM

7,022 posts, read 5,776,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I just got this link from a CAPS email I received. It lists all the protests planned in every state:

Protest Times and Locations for July 18-19 National Protests Against Amnesty
I wish Americans would get properly organized and march on Washington against President Obama instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:49 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
As I said already, if they believe it to be a hazrd they can act and I would highly suggest working with them. I doubt that most of them think of it supporting or not supporting your cause their job is Public Safety, period. Enjoy your protest and be safe.
Agreed. Now IF any pro illegal alien protesters break the law, nail them too.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:33 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,273,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I wish Americans would get properly organized and march on Washington against President Obama instead.
I was in the crowd when Obamacare passed.

It did no good.

We are have been sold out.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 AM

3,533 posts, read 2,174,022 times
My back property line is the ROW fence for I-8 around CA milepost 62, I may stand just inside the fence on a hill with a protest sign. I wonder what law that will break.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
From past protests I've attended, the illegal supporters will be there with their faces covers with bandanas. The police are scared to death of them and would rather harass a middle aged white American female then a 24 year old masked illegal,
its simply safer for them.
IMHO what would a dude covering his face do to the cops? That's "probable cause" for them to ask for ID and, if no ID's shown, out come the handcuffs.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Time to go protest. LOL

Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM

1,489 posts, read 1,905,824 times
Just like my once quiet apt complex here in the PNW, is now overrun by south of the borders familes and their huge amounts of infants, they hang out 7 days a week in the tiny parking lot space drinking, and carrying on, while their infants ride their bikes hooting and hollering ....there is no more peace in this apt complex, nothing can be done about it, so us long term quiet tenants are slowly moving out, including me. My assumption is that will completely take over the tiny complex in time. It is now full of toys an trash and the never ending hanging out, in the parking lots. It sucks here so bad I am leaving earlier then when my lease is up. This same thing is happening to tons of apt complexes all over my city where I live. They are loud, have huge numbers, and don't give a darn about what the other neighbors think. This is the reality of what is happening to our country and will continue to get worse, where they will overrun towns and cities like they been doing in CA and WA state and TX for years now. Just my opinion and experience. Americans want their country to look like Tijuana, they are getting their wish imo.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 AM

673 posts, read 552,806 times
Default BIG march on DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I agree! Write to your Overpass group and the Alipac.us group, and suggest that! I'm doing the same. If we consolidate numbers into one location now, that may have more impact! I think this was a "test the waters" effort - and despite some low number turnouts in some areas, others had great turnout! People even had to take the day off from work to protest, don't forget!

--Dandiday

Old 07-21-2014, 03:05 PM

11,537 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Just like my once quiet apt complex here in the PNW, is now overrun by south of the borders familes and their huge amounts of infants, they hang out 7 days a week in the tiny parking lot space drinking, and carrying on, while their infants ride their bikes hooting and hollering ....there is no more peace in this apt complex, nothing can be done about it, so us long term quiet tenants are slowly moving out, including me. My assumption is that will completely take over the tiny complex in time. It is now full of toys an trash and the never ending hanging out, in the parking lots. It sucks here so bad I am leaving earlier then when my lease is up. This same thing is happening to tons of apt complexes all over my city where I live. They are loud, have huge numbers, and don't give a darn about what the other neighbors think. This is the reality of what is happening to our country and will continue to get worse, where they will overrun towns and cities like they been doing in CA and WA state and TX for years now. Just my opinion and experience. Americans want their country to look like Tijuana, they are getting their wish imo.
I feel your pain

Where I live, they've destroyed our community and schools. They live 20-30 to a flophouse. The once good elementary school that our daughter attended can't even get full accreditation from the state anymore

I've talked to our local politicians face-to-face and sent emails. A few years back, we had a community meeting with the politicians. 700 people came and I swear if they had pitchforks and torches, they would have gone after the politicians! We were promised that they would fix the overcrowded housing laws but they never did anything about it. In fact, our member of the state house of delegates was there and heard all the comments. And what did he do? He came out publicly in support of the DREAM Act

Many long-time residents have given up and moved on. Some left with tears in their eyes. They raised their kids here and and hoped to age in place in their home. Those who have stayed behind have tried to effect positive change but have become depressed and demoralized.

I pray everyday that we, too, can get out. Fortunately, our part of town hasn't deteriorated as badly as other parts but we have our parking issues and have spent 2 years trying to get permitted parking here.

I'm so tired of seeing scofflaws coddled and protected while law-abiding people have their quality of life destroyed.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I feel your pain

Where I live, they've destroyed our community and schools. They live 20-30 to a flophouse. The once good elementary school that our daughter attended can't even get full accreditation from the state anymore

I've talked to our local politicians face-to-face and sent emails. A few years back, we had a community meeting with the politicians. 700 people came and I swear if they had pitchforks and torches, they would have gone after the politicians! We were promised that they would fix the overcrowded housing laws but they never did anything about it. In fact, our member of the state house of delegates was there and heard all the comments. And what did he do? He came out publicly in support of the DREAM Act

Many long-time residents have given up and moved on. Some left with tears in their eyes. They raised their kids here and and hoped to age in place in their home. Those who have stayed behind have tried to effect positive change but have become depressed and demoralized.

I pray everyday that we, too, can get out. Fortunately, our part of town hasn't deteriorated as badly as other parts but we have our parking issues and have spent 2 years trying to get permitted parking here.

I'm so tired of seeing scofflaws coddled and protected while law-abiding people have their quality of life destroyed.
Agreed and if you and your neighbors got together are REALLY started calling the cops on illegal aliens; the illegal alien fans WOULD accuse your people of "race profiling". What's that word: "dispicable" or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or