U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well then there go the jobs that would have been created and there goes the money it would have made for the community, everyone happy now
I'm very, very happy

It's absolutely outrageous that taxpayer money was going to be used to house illegal alien kids in luxury when we have millions of suffering American citizens.

The kids that were going to be housed there are 12-17 years old. Are you aware that in that age group are kids who are in MS-13 and have admitted to the border patrol that they have killed several people? Since they are minors, there isn't anything that can be done about it. Many of them are going to be released into this country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM

62,361 posts, read 27,748,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Hey, it's on Fox News.....And we all know Fox don't lie ..
It's real. This ABC affiliate even has video:
BCFS Reveals Plans for Palm Aire Hotel | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories

ABC is reporting that BCFS withdrew the plan today because of "negative backlash."

Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM

62,361 posts, read 27,748,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm very, very happy

It's absolutely outrageous that taxpayer money was going to be used to house illegal alien kids in luxury when we have millions of suffering American citizens.
The contract with BCFS to run and manage the facility was for $50 million per year. For 600 illegals. That's over $80,000 per illegal per year. Absolutely outrageous.

This plan was withdrawn, but they're putting them somewhere. How many tens of thousands of dollars per year per illegal is that costing us?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:23 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,379,372 times
somehow, in a parallel universe, Michael Jackson is THERE.
I just know it.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:04 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about our seniors also? They can't get any help unless they are nearly homeless and dead broke. If in poor health their kids have to care for them while trying to work outside the home to support themselves and their own kids.
They still can't get the help they need in my state. Often, they really do have to choose between groceries and medicine. There's an elderly man who lives in the same city that I do, and he is always out picking up cans, in all kinds of weather, to sell them to get money to try to buy his wife medicine she has to have.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
How many homeless veterans are in the US, how many American families are living in their cars or the streets, how many people have had to move in with family or friends because they lost their jobs and can't afford a home of their own ! The contract is for $50 million each year. Does this include the wages for the 650 employees, or will that be billed separately to the taxpayers of the US.

".......Piferrer told the Valley Morning Star the Palm Aire Hotel and Suites facility would ‘(provide) medical and mental health care, on-site educational programs, recreational programs and case management."

Doesn't sound like these kids will be deported anytime soon !

On a related note...."Up to 600 unaccompanied immigrant children may soon be heading to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington State."

Feds consider JBLM for immigrant children | KING5.com Seattle
Agreed and HOW!

I'm 1 of those US citizens who'll be giving up his own place to live with friends since I can no longer make ends meet. I'm holding on but; things are fixin' to get real bad soon.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:14 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Where are all the FEMA trailers that were good enough for American CITIZENS!?!
Uh; please don't make it that nice for illegal aliens. A FEMA trailer's still better than in parts of LatAm or Haiti.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 PM

365 posts, read 706,149 times
So wow, just now checking back in with this thread and see that I have been called a fool. Well I've been called worse I guess by the left so such is life BUT the saddest part of this whole thing is that Casper thinks that what I posted would be AOK, now we all know the left needs voters bad BUT I am here to tell you Casper, this stuff that the administration is doing does not sit well with most.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,338,366 times
Those damn Baptists.

First they ban their members from having sex while standing up (they said it was too much like dancing).

And now this.

Personally, I think we should bus this group right to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and let Michelle show them what a good diet will do for them.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Personally, I think we should bus this group right to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and let Michelle show them what a good diet will do for them.
No! Please don't do this! Obama's toadies and sycophants will just call CASA de Maryland and Project Hope and Harmony who will immediately send buses and put them all in the thousands of existing illegal alien flophouses in the VA and MD 'burbs.

We don't want or need anymore illegals. We are inundated here. In fact, I want them all to leave and go back to their own countries, where they belong. They have no business being here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or