Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

What Are They Hiding: Obama Admin Won’t Say Where Illegal Minors Are | Progressives Today

They claim they can't say anything due to privacy concerns. Apparently that trumps local residents' rights to know what is happening in their own neighborhoods

And another link:

http://www.progressivestoday.com/it-...ago-up-to-748/

The Obama administration has been getting a lot of pushback---even in blue states. So now they're just sneaking them into neighborhoods. I do wish that they would put them where the elitists live but...what is the likelihood of that happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:24 PM

183 posts, read 192,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
......They claim they can't say anything due to privacy concerns. Apparently that trumps local residents' rights to know what is happening in their own neighborhoods

The Obama administration has been getting a lot of pushback---even in blue states. So now they're just sneaking them into neighborhoods. I do wish that they would put them where the elitists live but...what is the likelihood of that happening?
This happening in Tucson.......

"The makeshift intake center set up at the Greyhound bus station to help immigrants dropped off by immigration officials is moving to better accommodate the families coming through Tucson.
But the location of the new center is not being disclosed over concerns about anti-immigration groups."

Immigrant intake to move from Greyhound station

Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The most transparent Admin at its best.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
And the CDC is at the border taking the sick ones.
Nothing comes back to the Border Patrol regarding what the CDC found.
But the CDC is wisking them away from the detention centers and no one knows what happened to them.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
This happening in Tucson.......

"The makeshift intake center set up at the Greyhound bus station to help immigrants dropped off by immigration officials is moving to better accommodate the families coming through Tucson.
But the location of the new center is not being disclosed over concerns about anti-immigration groups."

Immigrant intake to move from Greyhound station
Anti-"immigration" groups?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 PM

183 posts, read 192,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anti-"immigration" groups?
There is a YMCA camp North of Tucson where 40 or so illegal kids will be kept. This place is a Summer camp for kids from the local YMCA.

Arizona Residents Protest Arrival of Undocumented Immigrant Children - NBC News

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/imm...a-camp-n155886

Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
I have noticed in MSM that the term "anti-immigration" is frequently used instead of "anti-illegal immigration." It's better than "racist anti-immigration," although one has nothing to do with the other. Calling US citizens against lawbreakers who are sucking our economy dry (literally, California has the worst drought in its history) only demonizes us and covers the truth.

Could anyone tell us who is supposed to pay for these illegals (oh, yeah, the other hand-wringing phrase is "but they're children!")? I personally am having a tough time making ends meet (never had children unfortunately), and I spent 40 years paying all sorts of taxes, including schools. I have given back by volunteering with animals, wayward teen-agers (mentoring programs) and the elderly for as long as I can remember, and continue to do so as more programs are being cut by budgetary issues.

I know I'm not alone in my life's happenstance and I blame no one, but golly gee, where is my "hand-out / help" from the government?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:53 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
You won't believe how many people prefer to stay willfully ignorant on this topic. When I try to tell them what is going on with these so-called "kids", they tell me I'm lying because the lamestream media doesn't mention this. If I give them links, they tell me that the links are all from right wing pages and that they are fiction.

I don't know why they don't want to learn the truth. Although, I suspect that they are elitists who have never seen illegal aliens in their neighborhoods. And one poster in the Northern Virginia forum just told me that I live in a "bubble"

Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You won't believe how many people prefer to stay willfully ignorant on this topic. When I try to tell them what is going on with these so-called "kids", they tell me I'm lying because the lamestream media doesn't mention this. If I give them links, they tell me that the links are all from right wing pages and that they are fiction.

I don't know why they don't want to learn the truth. Although, I suspect that they are elitists who have never seen illegal aliens in their neighborhoods. And one poster in the Northern Virginia forum just told me that I live in a "bubble"
Ditto with several of my acquaintances and others I know (along with radio talk shows). My pat question now is "So how about our own problems here in the U.S.?" to which the response is frequently "But they do the work. Blah. Blah, blah, ad nauseam." And "But they're only children!"

I am amazed how MSM slants the stories in order to elicit sympathy and justify the huge expenditures by our government. Everyone is so afraid of being called a racist by putting our country's often-times desperate needs before others.

As a nation, we butt into international issues where we don't belong (and are often hated for doing so). How about the U.S. immigration laws? Why is it ok for every country on earth to have entry and immigration laws, but we are supposed to welcome law-breakers while the world is laughing at our naïveté? Wake up, America! We don't have the resources nor room nor money to take on the world's problems.

The dumbing down of America is in full force and effect.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And the CDC is at the border taking the sick ones.
Nothing comes back to the Border Patrol regarding what the CDC found.
But the CDC is wisking them away from the detention centers and no one knows what happened to them.
Do you have a link to the CDC being on the border?

This has been discussed elsewhere that the CDC hasn't been involved at all--they're certainly not sending warning messages about TB or other diseases like they normally would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration