Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,441 times

Advertisements

Don't you think we'd be met with such force if we were invading Mexico (or any other country for that matter)illegally by the millons? It's a friggin joke when you think about it. Imagine us invading Mexico insisting that everything be in English and Spanish. Stealing Mexican citizens ID's. Taking their jobs and using their schools and hospitals but not paying for it then protesting in their streets for "our rights." Unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
This is one thread I really had to look into before I could figure it out. I wondered if the agents were being attacked by illegal aliens, or attacked by their department. They run the risk of both, in the daily course of their duties. Offhand I would guess the attacks by frustrated illegals are more frequent, but the attacks by their own government are far more devastating and demoralizing to these agents.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's all about the votes! Both parties see the Hispanic population as their ticket to getting in or keeping power. Neither party is going to do jackzhit about stopping the flow of illegals.
The so-called 'Hispanics' are a small minority------and; many of them are anti illegal as well.

Besides; as I have commented on in the past, there is the probable political counterweight of the Black community as well.

Yes; the AA's tend to vote Democratic; but, come 2008 many of 'em may sit out the Presidential election if it meant supporting a pro illegal Democrat over a Republican.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Addendum: if anybody throws any variety of projectile at a Border Patrol agent; said agent should be authorized to use equal or greater force at the officer's discretion------up and including firearms.

Face it: a pebble flung from a slingshot is a missile. Witness David taking out Goliath of Bible fame.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Don't you think we'd be met with such force if we were invading Mexico (or any other country for that matter)illegally by the millons? It's a friggin joke when you think about it. Imagine us invading Mexico insisting that everything be in English and Spanish. Stealing Mexican citizens ID's. Taking their jobs and using their schools and hospitals but not paying for it then protesting in their streets for "our rights." Unbelievable!
There ya go, Critter . . . thinking LOGICALLY again!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM

377 posts, read 684,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
They better not defend themselves lest they end up on the receiving end of a ten year prison sentence.

I wouldn't be a Border Patrol agent for a six-figure salary. They have a thankless job and they work for a government that ties their hands, won't allow them to defend themselves, bends over for the Mexican government, and who will side with criminals against them when push comes to shove.
So sad and yet so true Kele. If I had it my way, however, I would trade fire with those criminals tit for tat using heavy artillery…

Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 PM

377 posts, read 684,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is one thread I really had to look into before I could figure it out. I wondered if the agents were being attacked by illegal aliens, or attacked by their department. They run the risk of both, in the daily course of their duties. Offhand I would guess the attacks by frustrated illegals are more frequent, but the attacks by their own government are far more devastating and demoralizing to these agents.
I have said before in these threads that the Mexican Government, Drug Traffickers, and perhaps terrorist have plenty to lose financially or psychologically, especially when Immigration and strict border enforcement is implemented to its fullest.

E.g.,

1. Mexico could lose millions of dollars in remittance from there nationals who are or may be here illegally.
2. Drug cartels could lose millions in potential drug profits.
3. Terrorist could be denied chances or ways to attack the country.

By throwing a few millions here and there to bribe Judges, Government Officials, Politicians and some Law Enforcement Officers, they really don’t lose much compared to the rewards they get or may potentially get in return.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
I have said before in these threads that the Mexican Government, Drug Traffickers, and perhaps terrorist have plenty to lose financially or psychologically, especially when Immigration and strict border enforcement is implemented to its fullest.

E.g.,

1. Mexico could lose millions of dollars in remittance from there nationals who are or may be here illegally.

By throwing a few millions here and there to bribe Judges, Government Officials, Politicians and some Law Enforcement Officers, they really don’t lose much compared to the rewards they get or may potentially get in return.
This is why I get disgusted when hearing talk of "maybe we can get BOTH nations (US and Mexico) on track and attack the illegal immigration problem together". Sounds nice, but in reality, there is only ONE party being damaged by illegal immigration--- Americans of low-to-medium income. Meanwhile, there are MANY parties who have a huge interest in continuing with illegal immigration, including the rich and powerful of BOTH nations. Why on EARTH would Mexico want to "fight" the problem? It's hugely rewarding to them in many ways.

It's like hoping that the New Jersey State Police can join together with the Mafia to "stamp out organized crime"....

Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post

E.g.,

Right on, Swordfish . . . especially for the Mexican Government.

The Leaders of Mexico not only encourage but they actually subsidize and suport the illegals.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Right on, Swordfish . . . especially for the Mexican Government.

The Leaders of Mexico not only encourage but they actually subsidize and suport the illegals.
And that's just the "official" leaders who aren't really all that much in control of Mexico. Many parts of Mexico are being ruled by "other" leaders who very much want the border open so they have no problem getting their shipments and distributers of their products over the border with no hassle. The "official" leaders are weak and do little to contradict the "other" leaders but they also like their mordidas.

But -- Calderon couldn't stop these guys even if he wanted to and it's doubtful he wants to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration