U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 03:19 AM

3,874 posts, read 3,199,207 times

Advertisements

It will reach a boiling point soon when some of Obama's CLUELESS supporters will finally wake up and realize where this is going.

Sure some of them will defend this buffoon to the end but not all. I really hope he makes his move before the midterms and realizes afterwards that he over played his hand.

This will get interesting.

At least Texas Governor Rick Perry is stepping up, I didn't think he had it in him.

Let Obama and his minions try and fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 03:24 AM

2,597 posts, read 2,332,639 times
And the liberals will still try to say that the Republicans won't win because they aren't "compassionate enough" towards illegals. Ugh.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,666,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

Sure some of them will defend this buffoon to the end but not all. I really hope he makes his move before the midterms and realizes afterwards that he over played his hand.

This will get interesting.

At least Texas Governor Rick Perry is stepping up, I didn't think he had it in him.
Obama is not a buffoon, he is part of the plan.

Perry has gone up several notches in my estimation. Good for him and more power to him.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:44 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,426,203 times
Thanks for the summaries.

Now my question is, why would our government purposely want to hurt/weaken the nation?

Old 07-22-2014, 02:04 PM

3,084 posts, read 3,366,493 times
That is the $64,000 question. One might say voters for the Democrats, which they are due to the freebies promised and provided to them by our government. One might say illegals are flooding in because the UN wants the US to accept illegals, which they are. One might say the ultimate goal is to create one united nation with open borders to Mexico and Canada. One might say its because the US has the money no other nation has. I am sure others will be able to assist with explanations. We do know that the government is keeping from the citizens what exactly is going on since we now know that only a small percentage of those coming in are children, and I am not sure why. If the video of the former border patrol officer is to be believed, the reason is deeper than I can comprehend at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Now my question is, why would our government purposely want to hurt/weaken the nation?

Old 07-24-2014, 12:37 AM

1,093 posts, read 639,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

As Carolac said, maybe in order to outvote conservatives for ever in every state of the union (could happen one generation from now). After this is done, they would be in a position to create a north american union and not a lot of republicans will be left to oppose it, comparatively to the rest of the population. When this happens, don't count on Texas to lead the insurgency. Its is already a minority-majority state.

I am a minority myself. Unfortunately minorities are being used to change the political landscape from moderate republican/democrat to almost far left. This is why i am in favor of providing work visas to immigrants which would allow them to better assimilate into the mainstream society and integrate to american values and lifestyle.

Last edited by Sorel36; 07-24-2014 at 12:45 AM..

Old 07-24-2014, 01:23 AM

11,721 posts, read 5,659,649 times
No amnesty and no work visas for illegal aliens. Ever.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:35 AM

32,556 posts, read 14,970,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
As Carolac said, maybe in order to outvote conservatives for ever in every state of the union (could happen one generation from now). After this is done, they would be in a position to create a north american union and not a lot of republicans will be left to oppose it, comparatively to the rest of the population. When this happens, don't count on Texas to lead the insurgency. Its is already a minority-majority state.

I am a minority myself. Unfortunately minorities are being used to change the political landscape from moderate republican/democrat to almost far left. This is why i am in favor of providing work visas to immigrants which would allow them to better assimilate into the mainstream society and integrate to american values and lifestyle.
We already provide work visas for many. However, with millions of Americans out of work right now why would we increase them? I don't see how providing temporary work visas assists in assimilation, etc. Assimilation comes from legal immigration in controlled and diversified numbers.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:12 PM

1,093 posts, read 639,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Assimilation comes from legal immigration in controlled and diversified numbers.
I agree.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,238,928 times
Arrest warrant issued for man with tuberculosis

Can you hear dear Mr. Rogers singing in the background...."won't you be my neighbor".....la la la la
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or